Peter Jackson on ABC right now

blind confused anger....i don't think so Stuie.

CS and the board effectively liquidated the club. CS has a pay out for this incompetence & he effectively wrote out a cheque for CC who has had the most cushy jobs in 5 years.

Theft we could almost call it.

For God Sake the players see no future in the joint.

The CEO was Schwab through it all.

So let me get this straight. You're calling Schwab a "con man", a cheat, a "scam" artist, and now a "thief"? No good at his job? Absolutely, but is he those things you're trying to call him? No. Not even close.

You actually have no idea what you're talking about and you're embarrassing yourself with the way you're carrying on.

Grow up.

So let me get this straight. You're calling Schwab a "con man", a cheat, a "scam" artist, and now a "thief"? No good at his job? Absolutely, but is he those things you're trying to call him? No. Not even close.

I'll call him all those. All that and more. Maybe we can bring him back to the club so we can sack him a forth time, eh?

• Like 1

I recall several similar posts about Neeld when he came on board.

"breath of fresh air", "tells it like it is", "no [censored]"

:)

I think you are right here. I support Jackson in what he is doing and I pushed hard to get Schwab out of the place but please don't think of PJ as the messiah, he is a very good administrator, something we have sadly lacked. As he has said, he will need help, it will be a team effort. A good President and board, experienced quality FD boss, and a quality coach and we will be on our way.

One big problem with a club like ours that craves success is that we are looking for the one person to lead us out of the wilderness, Barassi, Templeton, Moore, Big Carl, Diamond Jim, Big Jimmy Stynes. It just doesn't work that way, it's a team effort...the Geelong FC is a prime example. Costa, Cook, Thompson, Balme, Wells and many other unsung heroes and that's before we talk players.

Lets support Jackson not worship him, he is only doing the job the way it should be done. Very well and professionally, seems to be a very foreign in this organisation I know and I understand why some would confuse this with the 2nd coming.

• Like 3

Also said that the club would no longer leak like a sieve to the media - used the example of no one knowing Neeld was being fired on Monday as the example.

Very, very impressive interview.

When the club went down to Sorrento earlier in the year a journo was vein interviewed on radio from Sorrento the same night. He was asked how he knew the Demons would be down there and he said with an audible smirk "everyone knows its impossible to keep a secret at Melbourne". I thought that had been fixed after Stynes came on board but hopefully Jackson can help put an end to it once and for all.

When the club went down to Sorrento earlier in the year a journo was vein interviewed on radio from Sorrento the same night. He was asked how he knew the Demons would be down there and he said with an audible smirk "everyone knows its impossible to keep a secret at Melbourne". I thought that had been fixed after Stynes came on board but hopefully Jackson can help put an end to it once and for all.

I heard the same thing, I was embarrassed at the time.

I think you are right here. I support Jackson in what he is doing and I pushed hard to get Schwab out of the place but please don't think of PJ as the messiah, he is a very good administrator, something we have sadly lacked. As he has said, he will need help, it will be a team effort. A good President and board, experienced quality FD boss, and a quality coach and we will be on our way.

One big problem with a club like ours that craves success is that we are looking for the one person to lead us out of the wilderness, Barassi, Templeton, Moore, Big Carl, Diamond Jim, Big Jimmy Stynes. It just doesn't work that way, it's a team effort...the Geelong FC is a prime example. Costa, Cook, Thompson, Balme, Wells and many other unsung heroes and that's before we talk players.

Lets support Jackson not worship him, he is only doing the job the way it should be done. Very well and professionally, seems to be a very foreign in this organisation I know and I understand why some would confuse this with the 2nd coming.

Agree. Good post.
  • Like 1

pretty incredible.

to sum it up:

- the club has been all-spin, no action for too long

- this rebuild is genuine not spin

- we have been a drag on the competition for a long time

- we have no leaders in our club

- players have a belief that they are 'wasting their careers' at the dees

- our players need to understand that pj is pushing to undergo massive change and they need to be part of that

- our staff are young and inexperienced (football, admin, both? it wasn't made clear)

- if we are unable to interview prospective coaches due to their current engagement at their own clubs, so be it - it doesn't change the basic planning that needs to take place

- pj is in regular contact with the afl but they are NOT 'driving the car'

- the afl is now the major financier of the club

- they will have a say on the board

- they are backing pj's plan for the dees

pretty full on, i've gotta say.

everyone on the aunty panel basically says the dees are in good hands.

neeld has already had approaches for 2014 according to parko.

parko is still a season ticket holder for the dees, and says neil craig has a clear vision for the remainder of the season.

this, if I can put a small twist on it, is what I've been banging on about for the last couple of years... the Northern Stand, Status, Image, & the Political correctness,,, without any HONESTY ! the Norm Smith Kind.

If I may, imo, 'Norm Smith', to me was prickly in your face Honesty...

..., those who shot him down, they're driving attitude would have been the politically correct, Image conscious new breed, imo.

I think the new breed swept thru the MCC & MFC ferociously with a soft bristled broom, chucking out anything that pricked their sensitivities... seeya Norm.

We have not been able to escape the velvet clutches of this political correct all intrusive & non creative scourge ever since the 60's... we turn talent into business acuMen.

Niceness has been killing us for far too long....

• Like 1

Good point.

It is the easiest thing in the world to come into a new job/club/whatever, and say "its all sh9t". Now we do it my way.

Time will tell (but I am positive and optimistic....even thinking of going this arvo.... :wacko: )

Yep completely agree. So far has been able to point out what's wrong and had the strength to remove it.

Will be singing his praises once he has been able to make a success of the situation.

Although I do think he is on the right track..

Pity we didn't empoy him in 2008.

CS should be remembered in the same light as Waldren.

Disgraced and unemployable in this country.

WYL i understand the anger given your major commitments.

But remember the Board (or the effectively now the ex McClardy/Stynes led) board had a chance at moving him on in 2011 but reneged and then contrary to what many pundits were thinking at the time, re-signed him for 3 years after 186. To me this is the tipping point where it all went ass end up for us! The Board backed the executive instead of sticking with their original decision to back the players/coach and the effect of the blow back from that fateful weekend is there for all to see.

We just need to back PJ from here and hope he (with the assistance of the AFL) get the composition of the Presidency/Board right and can also land us a proven coach, beef up the FD around him with his advice/assistance etc.

In the meantime i think we're in good hands with Craig at the helm. So you could say a small part of what went on previously has worked in our favour. Some might say a very small part i realise.

Also Neeld hasn't left us (Craig and/or a new coach) completely barren. There's a core group of proven AFL senior talent there at the top end. With Clark to come back next year (fingers crossed) as well as a sprinkling of decent middle game players coming through and a few decent rookies such as Toumpas and Kent developing and a solid defence (as it now stands), i think we can still be a force in the next 3 to 5 years provided most of what happens from here is on the money. The club probably won't survive another derailing. I believe PJ is slowly going to get us back on track. Time to get the train rolling again. And no i don't think that begins today i'm afraid. Craig will need 4 to 5 weeks with this dispirited bunch and a return of some key forwards (along with the realisation by Craig that we need to play Magner as a direct replacement for McKenzie...ie., we are still leaving the mid field rotations way to short. McKenzie is not the answer and neither is Magner in the long term. But he is an extra rotation and a better option than anyone else to add to the mid field right at this moment) before he/we start to see any significant turnaround IMO.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 4

We have leaked for years. Its pathetic. there are factions galore at our club. I for one hope these sad liniment sniffing hangers on stay away from our club administration and realise the damage they have done to our club.

PJ also mad reference to the AFL leaking when he said he didn't tell the afl about MNs sacking inferring Dimwit didn't inform caro and PSmith

I like a tight ship.

• Like 1

Wyl u have got to let this anger go mate otherwise it will eat u up and spit u out.

Don't get me wrong I totally understand where u are coming from but learn to let it go.

We seem to be on the right track now FINALLY.

Chin up mate.

i lose no sleep mate. I am just amazed that a lot on here are prepared to believe it was all "just bad luck" we have all been conned and those involved need to be held accountable.

i lose no sleep mate. I am just amazed that a lot on here are prepared to believe it was all "just bad luck" we have all been conned and those involved need to be held accountable.

There's no bad luck just bad decisions wyl

You actually have no idea what you're talking about and you're embarrassing yourself with the way you're carrying on.

Grow up.

Well may be not but he was clearly not good at his job!

Thank God we have PJ to fix his short comings.

In my view CS was in charge in the Dumb and Dumber leadership era of the MFC.

Lets the good times roll on .

and yet almost the most encouraging aspect. Most of this is between the ears stuff. That can be addressed; It can be changed.

First step to addressing the problem is recognising you have one. It's disturbing to hear those beliefs but it doesn't surprise me. You look at players who have come from just about every other Victorian team some have been able to forge media careers post football. The Ox and Lyon are the only Melbourne petsonalities I can think of in the media, they are a different generation.

You have to be playing for a marketable club to get out in the media, we couldn't be further away from that.

Beyond that is the obvious fact that we haven't been close to playing finals in years.

Grow up.

Haha! Yes i am embarrassing myself Stuie.

How much of your hard earned did you tip in since 2008 whilst also paying off a housing loan??

Haha! Yes i am embarrassing myself Stuie.

How much of your hard earned did you tip in since 2008 whilst also paying off a housing loan??

Well I love your work mate!

Keep it up as I would otherwise miss your comments.

Go the Dees!

First step to addressing the problem is recognising you have one. It's disturbing to hear those beliefs but it doesn't surprise me. You look at players who have come from just about every other Victorian team some have been able to forge media careers post football. The Ox and Lyon are the only Melbourne petsonalities I can think of in the media, they are a different generation.

You have to be playing for a marketable club to get out in the media, we couldn't be further away from that.

Beyond that is the obvious fact that we haven't been close to playing finals in years.

Partly true but you also need someone to push your case. Ox and Lyon were lucky that Ian Johnson was involved at a time they were otherwise I doubt they would have had a start in the media.

Well may be not but he was clearly not good at his job!

Thank God we have PJ to fix his short comings.

In my view CS was in charge in the Dumb and Dumber leadership era of the MFC.

Lets the good times roll on .

No argument there. Clearly not up to it, but I find WYL's assertions that he was a "thief" bordering on slanderous.