WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Not keen on Neil Craig as senior coach, his record whilst has improved since Neelds departure, but remember that we only just fell over the line against the dogs and we got whacked by North Melbourne big time and the GWS loss was plain embarrassing behind all the other shocking losses this season. He doesn't fill me/others with a lot of confidence going into next year knowing we wont win another game, far better off cleaning the slate and getting Eade with Simpson. SEN reported this morning that Simpson/Eade was very possible. Lloyd must be reading demonland and some posters on here lol

• Like 1

the club absoltely MUST hire a coach that will change the culture of the joint. Its imperative the coach is top line coaching personality. Simpson may become a great head coach but melbournes current situation demands someone with undoubted credentials. As i posted earlier, the club can not survive another media onslaught against the coach next year when we arent winning. Eade or Choco will buy the team time just as Malthouse is doing with Carlton this year. Imagine the media if the Cartlon coach was some rookie coach this year!

the coach must have credibility with the players. players from ohter clubs must see a coach that theyd love to have mentor their career. The team will have doubts if they see another untried coach walk through those doors and without a doubt will question whether the club has actually learnt anything from all this.

the new coach must be someone that can infuse a winning culture throughout the club not just on the ground. He has to have the credibility of past success to make this happen. Any other club this is not necessarily a proviso but Melbourne is in such a perilous state that it can not afford to gamble on this aspect of the coaching appointment.

the club absoltely MUST hire a coach that will change the culture of the joint. Its imperative the coach is top line coaching personality. Simpson may become a great head coach but melbournes current situation demands someone with undoubted credentials. As i posted earlier, the club can not survive another media onslaught against the coach next year when we arent winning. Eade or Choco will buy the team time just as Malthouse is doing with Carlton this year. Imagine the media if the Cartlon coach was some rookie coach this year!

the coach must have credibility with the players. players from ohter clubs must see a coach that theyd love to have mentor their career. The team will have doubts if they see another untried coach walk through those doors and without a doubt will question whether the club has actually learnt anything from all this.

the new coach must be someone that can infuse a winning culture throughout the club not just on the ground. He has to have the credibility of past success to make this happen. Any other club this is not necessarily a proviso but Melbourne is in such a perilous state that it can not afford to gamble on this aspect of the coaching appointment.

The potential Craig decision might be a financial one?

gee i hope this is Bulltish! Another half arsed, wishy washy coaching appointment, All these rave reviews of Simpson. Remember how highly the Pies midfield, including Pendlbury , rated Neeld? This is bollocks Melbourne. Get a premiership winning coach. someone who will command an audience with these players. when Eade or Choco lead, players follow. I cant believe this rumour can be true. Craig is alright but the players badly need the club to draw a line under the Neeld era and put in pllace a coach who can look can look them in the eye and say Fellas , ive been there and i know what it takes. Lets go!

Neeld was a nobody with a good assistant coaches record, whereas Simpson was a 300 game premiership player and captain of his club. Simpson is hugely respected in the entire footy world.

What do Worsfold, Roos, Clarkson, Longmire and Chris Scott have in common ? All premiership coaches in their first stint as coaches and were previously assistants.

I understand that you don't reckon this club is in a position to go down that path, but rest assured Simpson would be coming to the club in a vastly different capacity to Neeld. I get the need for experience and to change the culture and Neil Craig doesn't overly thrill me either, but Simpson would be a top get, imo and show that the club isn't making knee-jerk decisions to appease supporters like yourself.

• Like 5

Neeld was a nobody with a good assistant coaches record, whereas Simpson was a 300 game premiership player and captain of his club. Simpson is hugely respected in the entire footy world.

What do Worsfold, Roos, Clarkson, Longmire and Chris Scott have in common ? All premiership coaches in their first stint as coaches and were previously assistants.

I understand that you don't reckon this club is in a position to go down that path, but rest assured Simpson would be coming to the club in a vastly different capacity to Neeld. I get the need for experience and to change the culture and Neil Craig doesn't overly thrill me either, but Simpson would be a top get, imo and show that the club isn't making knee-jerk decisions to appease supporters like yourself.

If true, I would think that's the mindset. A fair bit of succession planning at the forefront of MFC thoughts.

Yes I definitely agree that Simpson has a respected standing in the footy world and for any other club or any other year for Melbourne I would see it as a potentially exciting appointment, however Melbourne is now beyond this. This is the clubs last crack at it. Melbourne can not afford this period to go on much further. The league and the TV stations will only give the club so many chances. The one question that must be removed by this coaching appointment is "can this guy actually Coach at Head Coach level"? I dont think Neeld was in a bulls roar of being able to turn this club around but the fact that he had no Head coach track record to fall back on in early 2012 meant the media were going to give him hell. He was never going to have enough time to turn this around.

A coach like Eade or Choco has the cred to , at least in the short to medium term, buy the team time to get things right. Wins will be rare next year. one thing that can be removed by a smart coaching appointment is the question mark on the coaches ability.

Don't want Craig as the top man with Simpson to take over in a few years. Remember Craig was supposed to mentor Neeld and we all know where that finished.

Would be more than happy with Simpson as an understudy, but would mind Voss in that role either.

Simpson appears astute though whereas Neeld had the look of a sociopath.

Agreed. What's wrong with 'not renewing his contract' when the season's over, rather than sacking him with three rounds to go? I can only conclude they thought they could beat Melbourne to Paul Roos.

I don't know about that.

It seems as soon as the decision was made, they let him know.

As they should.

No issue with the decision, just with the sloppy way they handled pressers in terms of timing and content.

To be discussing replacements while Voss was sitting there at his exit presser, was a bit distasteful.

gee i hope this is Bulltish! Another half arsed, wishy washy coaching appointment, All these rave reviews of Simpson. Remember how highly the Pies midfield, including Pendlbury , rated Neeld? This is bollocks Melbourne. Get a premiership winning coach. someone who will command an audience with these players. when Eade or Choco lead, players follow. I cant believe this rumour can be true. Craig is alright but the players badly need the club to draw a line under the Neeld era and put in pllace a coach who can look can look them in the eye and say Fellas , ive been there and i know what it takes. Lets go!

I hope they lockin Simpson, if they think he's the bees knees assistant with X factor.... but hold off on the senior coach appointment, until we hear about woosher...

I have a feeling woosher may not stay in the west.

I prefer choco to eade, neapolitan to vanilla, so for me either choco or Craig.

choco can bring martini if he feels like it.

• Like 1

Simpson appears astute though whereas Neeld had the look of a sociopath.

I think he's been Very popular where he's been in coaching roles,,,, EXCept when playing that Bad Cop routine.

& now we hear he's in a bidding war for his services as a midfield coach, or senior assistant, not 3 months out of the gig.

I think the idea was right but the timing was terrible, after the failed rebuild.

don't be fooled by the facial tick of intensity, its not evil.

• Like 1

I don't believe in time-lined transitions of leadership. Get the best around an experienced coach and make a decision to move on to one of those you have recruited at the right time.

The coaches you bring in will 'know the score' and realise that there is an opportunity there after a while.

Craig, Eade, Williams or Roos must be given more than a couple seasons to fix the culture of the place without having their power usurped by the 'assistant coach in waiting.'

• Like 2

So this weeks rumour is Craig and Simpson? not two days ago you could bet your farm on Eade and Simpson

I really don't mind between Eade and Williams, Craig for me is a little behind those two

simpson very bread & butter footballer, get the ball and kick it long....

Where this club is at needs experience just as PJ said.

Lets see if he is true to his word

Yeah, but you have to pay it back eventually.

No mate its a No Interest, No Deposit, .No Repayment (ever) type loan.

It's the type of loan I would like my mortgage to be but unfortunately it ain't.

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 1