Furious

Choko

I am furious.

We are an unprofessional bunch of mugs. But it's worse than that. Our club sells fraudulent hope, and ruins the careers of perfectly good and competent people, whether they be players or coaches.

Make no mistake - Mark Neeld was told to come in and put a rocket up every single senior player. He was given unprecedented scope to do it his way and change the festering wound that is the MFC. Then, he cops it and has his career destroyed based on doing nothing more than executing his plan. Yes, it may have been a flawed execution, but he was given 3 years to do it because it was, and is, the hardest task in football. He didn't get the chance because everyone got spooked.

Make no mistake - Bailey was told to lose. Then, when it suited, the administration turfed him too for not winning enough.

When I think of all the money donated, all the functions where bulltish was spouted out of the mouths of these people. All the suspicions about disharmony, lack of professionalism were dismissed.... yet, it was almost all true.

I get that almost all those involved in the above issues are going, going and gone from the club. But the lack of spine and the level of incompetence and dishonesty is literally breathtaking.

Rant over.

• Like 20

I for one am now happy our club is not accepting crap any more.

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard this over the past few years...

I think it could be re-worded "the AFL is sick of putting up with our crap".

Edited by Beetle
  • Like 9

I am furious.

We are an unprofessional bunch of mugs. But it's worse than that. Our club sells fraudulent hope, and ruins the careers of perfectly good and competent people, whether they be players or coaches.

Make no mistake - Mark Neeld was told to come in and put a rocket up every single senior player. He was given unprecedented scope to do it his way and change the festering wound that is the MFC. Then, he cops it and has his career destroyed based on doing nothing more than executing his plan. Yes, it may have been a flawed execution, but he was given 3 years to do it because it was, and is, the hardest task in football. He didn't get the chance because everyone got spooked.

Make no mistake - Bailey was told to lose. Then, when it suited, the administration turfed him too for not winning enough.

When I think of all the money donated, all the functions where bulltish was spouted out of the mouths of these people. All the suspicions about disharmony, lack of professionalism were dismissed.... yet, it was almost all true.

I get that almost all those involved in the above issues are going, going and gone from the club. But the lack of spine and the level of incompetence and dishonesty is literally breathtaking.

Rant over.

Do you not think his relationship with the players played some part in his downfall? If so that would have been of his making.

I do feel sorry for him though as he faced obstacles no other Coach ever has.

• Like 1

Mark Neeld was instructed to do a lot of things. He did that to the best of his ability, but you know what??

He failed and members didn't want to watch the MFC anymore. I love the MFC so i was FAR MORE Furious about that.

• Like 6

Choko, I feel a bit like you. Both coaches set about doing exactly what they told the board they would do, and when it got too much to handle in the public arena, they were sacked.

But with Neeld, I reckon even the board were surprised that we are still losing by 10+ goals almost every week. The clean out - check. Moving aside leaders - check (but done really clumsily). Recruit for the future - check (Toumpas, Hogan, Barry) But surely some success could be expected by now, or at least improvement. The club as an entity was beginning to fade as a participating force and everything had to give, including Neeld.

The Board, over the past 5 years in particular, needs to be held to full account for all this.

I am furious.

Rant over.

Even Barassi saw out his five long years.

I am furious.

Rant over.

spot on choko

I feel sick, that we have destroyed the Coaching career of a very good person, who was bright eyed & bushy tailed about the Job ahead, & the Took On the biggest challenge in footy...

the problem largely was timing... If he came in to rebuild this Club from the bootlaces up in 2007, he would have been given 3 Yrs, But after we've already endured 4 Yrs of Sacrificial Pain, the people just didn't have any more patience left, & with the angst of the list prune, it was just too much.

we got rid of most of this crapp Culture under Barassi & Ray Jordan,,, 85% to 95% of it was fixed... it lasted us 10 great years, thru the Northey era, & early Balme...

... we Need the AFL now,,, to take charge of this, and guarantee a Topline Coach his tenure, to get to the Nitty Griity of this rubbish Culture...

• Like 2

I feel sick, that we have destroyed the Coaching career of a very good person, who was bright eyed & bushy tailed about the Job ahead, & the Took On the biggest

maybe Neeld shouldn't have had the arrogance to take on a job that was way beyond his capabilities

He only has himself to blame

Took on the job??? It was the only job he was offered as he failed to get the job at the others he applied for

Change of culture, rebuild lack of fitness (isn't it funny how its now reported that's neeld fitness regime is being questioned as incorrect by other clubs) is all excuses made by mark neeld.

He was a poor coach lacked man management skills (hence the reason he missed the job in Adelaide) and he couldn't coach a list ie get the best out of them rather he had a theory and he stayed to it stubbornly... He might be a nice guy but he is a [censored] coach

hopeless club - now we have Craig as coach - that guy couldn't inspire a log of wood.

hehe

In the words of the late Al Davis - Just win baby!

Bailey might have been told to focus on kids and not results for his first two years but then he had 2010 where we were competitive followed by 2011 where we were a mess. Now the CEO and Connolly might have hastened seeing Bailey out the door but if 186 was a 56 point loss he would've kept his job.

As for Neeld I didn't mind the tough words or tough actions but on field we were even worse. Whatever his strategies were they failed.

• Like 1

I am furious.

Rant over.

Personally I am very happy that Mark Neeld is no longer the senior coach of the MFC.

As far as I can tell, he was a very poor coach and his term as the senior coach for the MFC will be remebered as a disaster.

Let the true recovery begin.

The club is finally starting to get exactly what it needs, a balance of passionate MFC people mixed with certified hard nuts that are not afraid to make the hard call.

Good to see some decisive moves being made.

I'm furious at the whole club. Disgraceful performance for the past 6 years.

Please MFC, just let me go to the footy thinking that we might have a shot at winning this.

I'm sick of being mocked, pitied, and all the cheap shots.

Bring back the passion, fire and stick it up em.

maybe Neeld shouldn't have had the arrogance to take on a job that was way beyond his capabilities

He only has himself to blame

we'll never know now, because he wasn't allowed the time to follow thru with what he was doing...

but honestly, it was the wrong timing to pull the list apart, after we had already endured 4 years of bottom dwelling... but there was nothing else to do.. the list was Soft...

What we need is to recruit 2 or 3 players with big personalities - players that inspire. Players with strong personalities that provide leadership on and off the field. Uncompromising types. professionals.

• Like 1