MFC board meeting - 12 PM

What

Yep, pretty much my thoughts, until... Reports that Watts, Sylvia, and Frawley, want out. Neeld, is not able to sell them the vision, and we simply can't afford to lose these key players , especially Frawley. His loss would be devastating.

Going on what happened yesterday, can you really believe what the media says?

For all we know, these guys love the club and don't want to leave.

Anyone else think that Lyon was talking rubbish last night...he thinks the board is playing a dangerous game, "what happens if the club starts winning games" he says. Well good Gary, that's the whole idea.

Lyon will be well aware that his influence at the MFC is fast diminishing, and that he will use his position in the media as a platform to voice his disappointment.

And I bloody love it!

Would love to know how many posters were calling for "Gazza" to be coach. Sheesh.

Anyone else think that Lyon was talking rubbish last night...he thinks the board is playing a dangerous game, "what happens if the club starts winning games" he says. Well good Gary, that's the whole idea.

Haha, yeah. What a catastrophe it would be if we started winning.

• Like 3

There is one, at least a phrase: yellow journalism. Unfortunately it still includes the word journalism, which is probably not all that relevant to the people you might have in mind.

And there I go, attributing them with some humanity by calling them people.

"scribblers"?

"the fourth estate"?

"the go-forthers"?

The Board meeting held yesterday was but one instalment and the beginning of a number of changes which will occur of the ensuing weeks. To make and announce a series of changes after just one Board meeting would give the appearance of a seriously destabilised club. No-one from the administration was going to come out last night and announce a series of significant changes, which rightly should be kept in house as much as possible.

There is much going on behind the scenes, but change will occur in the not too distant future.

The Board meeting held yesterday was but one instalment and the beginning of a number of changes which will occur of the ensuing weeks. To make and announce a series of changes after just one Board meeting would give the appearance of a seriously destabilised club. No-one from the administration was going to come out last night and announce a series of significant changes, which rightly should be kept in house as much as possible.

There is much going on behind the scenes, but change will occur in the not too distant future.

Does the change include the coach IWS?

If we're dealing with the opposite situation though, I'd be hoping for a Mark Williams/Junior McDonald announcement before this year's trade period.

I'd be hoping for Humphrey B Bear/Fat Cat personally RB!

Could they do any worse?

If PJ has told the board that it would be wrong to sack the coach for now I'll respect that as it seems he has said the non competitive games have to stop.

I'll stand by my decision that I don't think he can coach at this level. I'll wait and hope he proves me wrong.

• Like 1

Agree.

Mind you, he was given time.

3 ordinary years.....

He was indeed. But there was a much bigger upside for the GFC and its administration, as well as a well planned FD. Not too mention that it is perhaps the last Victorian team which has a truly loyal geographical base. Unfortunately, we do not have the same luxury and time is running out.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

I'd be hoping for Humphrey B Bear/Fat Cat personally RB!

Could they do any worse?

My name contains B. and 'bear/bert'? Can I become coach? ;)

It would be Bomber Thonpson like if it happened.

Agree.

Mind you, he was given time.

3 ordinary years.....

He was indeed. But there was a much bigger upside for the GFC and its administration, as well as a well planned FD. Not too mention that it is perhaps the last Victorian team which has a truly loyal geographical base. Unfortunately, we do not have the same luxury and time is running out.

When Thompson was struggling one thing they did was put in a good football boss, Balme. It's the first part of our puzzle.

• Like 1

True - not to mention all those outrageous father/son picks in the 4th round....

• Like 1

Yesterday i believe Jackson put the Football Department on notice.

Neeld is hanging on by a thread, but the CEO has given him a chance.

Neil Craig will be even more important now.

If the players like "Neeldy" now is the time to prove it.

As Glen Jakovich said last night on Radio. It is now time for the players to go to work. Hard work.

• Like 1

True - not to mention all those outrageous father/son picks in the 4th round....

Which ones are they? (Nb not being a smart ass, just don't recall there being so many, and the ones they had, even Gaz Jr, weren't considered Top 10 picks anyway).

Which ones are they? (Nb not being a smart ass, just don't recall there being so many, and the ones they had, even Gaz Jr, weren't considered Top 10 picks anyway).

Ablett, Scarlett, Tomahawk...handy trio right there.

arguably best midfielder and full back I've seen, and Tomahawk structurally very important to their third premiership.

anybody consider the board appointed neeld to do ajob and rebuild from the basement upwards and at every report given to the board agrees that the fd is doing as the boards requirements?

just because the press want a scalp doesnt mean its us to give to them matter of fact if things get better they can lay siege to the lions and eagles

was rapt the board did what they expected to do yesterday and what neeld said they would do

• Like 1

How long do we have to wait for the changes to take place?

The longer it takes the worse position the MFC get in.

The beltings cannot continue for many reason which have been stated previously and it seems like its taking an eternity for change to occurr.

I know I am impatient at the best of times but this is really getting on my nerves.

I will also add that I love this Footy club and its tearing me apart what is happening atm.

Edited by DemonOX

How long do we have to wait for the changes to take place?

The longer it takes the worse position the MFC get in.

The beltings cannot continue for many reason which have been stated previously and it seems like its taking an eternity for change to occurr.

I know I am impatient at the best of times but this is really getting on my nerves.

your right big fella the beltings have to stop, sooner rather than later

being impatient is a major problem for you, so take up smoking or pretend you barrack for brizzy and this should relieve your impatience, if not take 2 bex and call the doctor in the morning

Three big names as mentioned by Ray Biffin...Mark Blake was in there somewhere.

The point needs to be added that these players came to them with low picks, that allowed them to use their higher picks elsewhere.

They have a shrewd recruiter as well.