Harry Taylor out of contract.

Just read of the AFL site Harry is out of contract. We should target him with massive dollars. Would love to know where our money is currently spent( besides Clarke, Dawes and Davey who is gone at seasons end, Sylvia, Chip??) we should have enough to target Harry and a key mid. Would give the new coach a bloody good spine and starting point to work with.

Harry Taylor was set to be a Dee, he woke up on draft day excited to be going to Melbourne but he ended up at Geelong. I saw an interview with him once and he said he was initially devestated, but as it turned out the best thing that ever happened to him. He will not come to us for money.

Next

• Like 1

I remember reading an interview with him where he stated that leading up to being drafted the only club yhat had shown interest was MFC so he thought he'd be drafted there...went on to say something like 'look how that could have ended up'. Not his exact words but that was the gist I got. And that was at least a year ago IIRC so it was before we reached the full depth of our shiteness.

We are no hope recruiting any decent established players in our current state. We need to get our house in order and get our improvement from the draft and our own development...and once that happens we may have some chance of getting involved in free agency again.

• Like 2

Harry Taylor was set to be a Dee, he woke up on draft day excited to be going to Melbourne but he ended up at Geelong. I saw an interview with him once and he said he was initially devestated, but as it turned out the best thing that ever happened to him. He will not come to us for money.

Next

Hmmm maybe I am remembering that interview wrong but I thought he had insinuated that he had dodged a bullet by not coming to Melbourne (perhaps he was talking with hindsight)...either way we would have no chance...

Next

No, it may be better this way that he's learnt the new Cats ways first...

Harry Taylor is exactly what we need.... and we need to go after a hard ready made Mid as well.

He could play CHB or CHF or the swing man role but we have Frawley, McDonald, Sellar, Dawes, Clarke, Hogan etc

One player can't fix anything but particularly one key position player.

So even if we could attract him I think it would be a waste of money.

I'm not saying our key position stocks are full of stars but they are good enough to win games or at least not see us smashed by Gold Coast.

Let's invest in youth also look for some hidden gem quality running players in the 22-25 year old range from inside or outside the AFL system like Terlich and Matt Jones. Thats our best chance of getting better quickly

I remember reading an interview with him where he stated that leading up to being drafted the only club yhat had shown interest was MFC so he thought he'd be drafted there...went on to say something like 'look how that could have ended up'. Not his exact words but that was the gist I got. And that was at least a year ago IIRC so it was before we reached the full depth of our shiteness.

We are no hope recruiting any decent established players in our current state. We need to get our house in order and get our improvement from the draft and our own development...and once that happens we may have some chance of getting involved in free agency again.

Just the same as we have not recruited any decent established players for 2013....JUST SAYING !!! lol

Next

Yeah, we took Morton at 4 and Grimes at 14. Harry went at Pick 17 but had already played 49 WAFL games, maybe that experience contravened out Youth Policy.

• Like 1

Yeah, we took Morton at 4 and Grimes at 14. Harry went at Pick 17 but had already played 49 WAFL games, maybe that experience contravened out Youth Policy.

Nope we had him all set up for our next pick when we took Maric somewhere between 19 and 22 I don't know exactly what number. That's the way the draft works sometimes guys don't get through. You can't say Grimes was a bad choice and most rated Morton top 5 and didn't have Taylor anywhere near the first dozen picks.

It's hardly a decision to chastise ourselves over.

• Like 1

Why on Earth would he want to leave paradise to enter a mental institution? No player with such form and prestige will come to our club. I'm not trying to be negative but I am a realist. We are as attractive as a conversation with Brynne Edelsten.

• Like 3

And in 2007 the concept of being able to obtain quality players from lesser senior comps hadn't caught on (see Michael Barlow 2010 Rookie Draft where we took "Juice" at #6 and Meesen at #22). It's all so much simpler in hindsight.

Barlow went at #8.

Edited by CHAMP

While I realize having hindsight would be great I would still like to ask the question of the person or persons who drafted Morton at pick 4, what pre draft qualities did they see in him to convince them he was ever going to be an AFL player. He didn't LOOK like a footballer, he didn't play like a footballer, he didn't move like a footballer, he didn't seem to possess the required toughness of a footballer, in fact I didn't see anything to justify Pick no. 4 !!! Ummmm..... are they the same recruiters responsible for drafting half of our current list ??? If so do us a favour and please leave now as you have failed our club miserably...!!!!

Why on Earth would he want to leave paradise to enter a mental institution? No player with such form and prestige will come to our club. I'm not trying to be negative but I am a realist. We are as attractive as a conversation with Brynne Edelsten.

or with our coach ??? Careful, the good Doctor will be calling you for your remarks concerning his beloved Brynne....lol.

• Like 1

He was Larke Medallist at the 2007 U18 Nationals and ranked #1 aerobically at Draft Camp.

That was worthy qualification to be picked at four. Alas!

• Like 1

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Oh damn this is the best comedy thread.... not a hope in hell of Harry Taylor ever playing for us.

• Like 1

While I realize having hindsight would be great I would still like to ask the question of the person or persons who drafted Morton at pick 4, what pre draft qualities did they see in him to convince them he was ever going to be an AFL player. He didn't LOOK like a footballer, he didn't play like a footballer, he didn't move like a footballer, he didn't seem to possess the required toughness of a footballer, in fact I didn't see anything to justify Pick no. 4 !!! Ummmm..... are they the same recruiters responsible for drafting half of our current list ??? If so do us a favour and please leave now as you have failed our club miserably...!!!!

Every pundit and recruiter expected Morton to go top 10 in the year he was drafted, that is why it is a lottery, he was an absolute freak as a junior, find some of his vision on Youtube, that was probably the problem, couldn't convert to adult, same with Cook....as for Harry Taylor coming to us.....straws for the clutching of

Every pundit and recruiter expected Morton to go top 10 in the year he was drafted, that is why it is a lottery, he was an absolute freak as a junior, find some of his vision on Youtube, that was probably the problem, couldn't convert to adult, same with Cook....as for Harry Taylor coming to us.....straws for the clutching of

Now that's over selling it a bit. He was a good outside running mid as a junior, got a lot of ball and probably what you would call a receiver. Absolute freak no, top 10 pick, probably and we got him at 4.

You don't have to pump him up now, he doesn't play for us anymore and the guy who recruited him is gone.

If you had a time machine and put Harry Taylor in a club without Mathew Scarlett and Corey Enright around him it would be interesting to see how he turned out. As it is he is the best CHB in the biz and is only getting better with the little swing he takes up forward.

I think some might be missing that we don't need a midfield player. We need a midfield, as in 3-4 players.

We shouldn't buy anything but midfielders. Our defence is workable and our forwards are workable (down a crumber admittedly). We won't know what they are capable of until our midfield is functioning at AFL standard.

• Like 3