• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Tiges

OUT: Sylvia (suspended), Spencer, Nicholson, McKenzie, Kent

IN: Magner, Jamar, Watts, Jetta, Taggert

I don't think Strauss deserves a game, but I would rather he get an extended run.

I read this every week and ignore it but today I'll bite. Run me through how on today's game he 'doesn't deserve a game'.

Release Davey. Let him chase the pill ala '08-9. Best decision maker on this list, especially by foot.

Problem with that is you are effectively letting the other team have a loose man in the backline whilst we have Davey floating around and with Davey's lack of fitness he just won't hard enough to get enough ball to counter it. Especially against Richmond who are quick which takes away his weapon. I'd like to see him get more freedom to come up the ground but I think to be honest he's cooked as a player and we may as well continue with youth. Rotate Taggert, Toumpas and Kent all through the sub spot. All have skills and class just aren't physically ready for AFL.

Now if he gets tagged the game becomes 17 on 17 which is why it kind of worked in 08/09 or whenever it was.

I'm actually going to come at this from a different angle.

What we desperatly need is to build a winning culture and get our young players used to playing with eachother. Simply putting the kids into the seniors and getting flogged every week could smash any confidence we may have which brings me to what changes I'd make for next week and my long term goal for this year.

Lets aim for a VFL premiership by putting all the players that we expect to take the club forward (outside of the leadership group) and put them in the VFL to get some wins, feel confident about themselves and try and win a premieship together.

In turn that then means that the players who might not last long term or may be fighting for a contarct at seasons end I'd put into the senior side along with our leaders and see what they can produce. So my changes for next week:

IN: Davis, MacDonald, Pedersen, Fitzpatrick, Barry, Magner (upgraded), Rodan, Tynan, Jetta

OUT: Sylvia (susp), Viney, Kent, Terlich, Howe, Tapscott, Gawn, Evans, Bail

FB: Davis, Frawley, Nicholson

HB: Garland, Sellar, Strauss

C: M. Jones, N. Jones, MacDonald

HF: Dunn, Pedersen, Byrnes

FF: Fitzpatrick, Dawes, Barry

FOLL: Spencer, McKenzie, Magner

INT: Jetta, Rodan, Tynan

SUB: Davey

NON PLAYING EMERG: Bail

This would leave the likes of: Viney, Kent, Terlich, Howe, Tapscott, Gawn, Evans, Tompas, Blease, McDonald, Hoagn, Taggert & Watts when fit to play at Casey when available. Get used to playing together and see if you can get some success, even if it is for our VFL affiliate just to get some belief amongst yourselves as they're the group to take us forward!

This would probably require us going to the AFL staright awat to tell us that this is what we're doing and why we're doing it to kill off any tanking allegations from the get go. Obviously I don't expect the club to do this, but given the season is already dead I know it's what I'd be doing. Gives us a chance to see what guys like Davis, Fitzpatrick, Tynan etc have to offer and also lets out top young players play together in what would hopefully be a winning VFL culture.

• Like 1

Release Davey. Let him chase the pill ala '08-9. Best decision maker on this list, especially by foot.

Except for the two he kicked over Dawesy's head because he wanted to try and kick a goal from 50 out.

Other than that i do agree that he should play a full game.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As

To be fair we were missing;

Jamar, Watts, Clark, Mcdonald, Trengove, Grimes, Toumpas.

Now I'm not using this as an excuse, there aren't any excuses. We were dismal. But, you take 6-7* of the top 15 players out of any side and they'd struggle too.

Add to this another pre-season, Jesse Hogan and a probable Top 3 draft pick (Perhaps a Kelly) and not only does our midfield start looking half decent for the future. but, our forward line looks somewhat Imposing.

Sure, Hogan wont dominate next year, no one here should expect a 19 year old key forward to dominate AFL. but, My hope is for possibly 20-30 goals from say 15 games.

You will see the wheels are starting to turn, we are not as bad as how everyone is making us out to be. There is a future here, stay persistent now and you will truly reap the benefits of the success that's surely to come our way. This success will mean more to you, you will put higher value on a win than others, you can say you are a true supporter because you stuck by your cub.

• Like 1

Seller = everything wrong with this club.

At least kent has a go.

Out: spencer (not worth developing), Nicholson (soft and unskilled), Bail (Vfl standard), Sylvia (susp), Davey, Kent (both not fit enough)

In: Fitzy, Jetta, Blease, Magner, Toumpas, Taggert

Fb: Garland Frawley Terlich
Hb: Dunn Sellar Strauss
C: Evans. Jones. Jones
Hf: Howe. Dawes. Byrnes
Ff: Blease. Fitzy. Tapscott
Foll: Gawn. Mckenzie viney
Int: jetta Magner Taggert
S: Toumpas

Not sure if serious....

Yes serious, read through the entire post makes sense, will our young players learn more by getting thumped each week or playing together at Casey trying to build a winning culture. I tend to agree with the poster, what can our young players learn for getting beaten badly each week. Geelong the greatest team over the past 10 years did that, they sucked not as bad as we do but the did I can't remember the exact year but all their young recruits player in a winning VFL grand Final, over the next couple of years these players formed the basis for what we have seen from Geelong over the last 10 years.

Last evening showed we had a large percentage of our players that only cared for themselves, this is unhealthy for the players that we need to be our future, so yes lets play these selfish footballers in the AFL and build a culture below them that is based around the team, winning and the enjoyment that comes with that.

I dont care who is in or who is out> Please just give me effort. !

I want body crunches, I want tackles, I want pressure, I want smothers. - This should be the soul focus.

As the comment on AFL website shows by Ross Lyon:"you can do a lot with work-rate and effort".

• Like 1

IN: Davis, MacDonald, Pedersen, Fitzpatrick, Barry, Magner (upgraded), Rodan, Tynan, Jetta

That's not the worst side I've seen suggested on here. I don't think I'd have Barry in there just because he stands a good chance of being killed given the way the Richmond backs play, but the rest isn't terrible. At the very least you have some guys in there who will fight for everything and attack the ball.

IN: Blease, Fitzy, Magner (elevated), Davis, Toumpas (sub)

OUT: Sylvia (susp), Spencer, Nicholson, Sellar, Kent

Swap Watts for Davis if Watts is over his injury.

Fitzy to share ruck/forward duties with Gawn.

Davis in for Sellar, to see if he can add something to the mix.

Kent I like, but not doing enough yet, Toumpas in because his last Casey game was very good, and well, why not?!

I'm actually going to come at this from a different angle.

What we desperatly need is to build a winning culture and get our young players used to playing with eachother. Simply putting the kids into the seniors and getting flogged every week could smash any confidence we may have which brings me to what changes I'd make for next week and my long term goal for this year.

Lets aim for a VFL premiership by putting all the players that we expect to take the club forward (outside of the leadership group) and put them in the VFL to get some wins, feel confident about themselves and try and win a premieship together.

In turn that then means that the players who might not last long term or may be fighting for a contarct at seasons end I'd put into the senior side along with our leaders and see what they can produce. So my changes for next week:

This would leave the likes of: Viney, Kent, Terlich, Howe, Tapscott, Gawn, Evans, Tompas, Blease, McDonald, Hoagn, Taggert & Watts when fit to play at Casey when available. Get used to playing together and see if you can get some success, even if it is for our VFL affiliate just to get some belief amongst yourselves as they're the group to take us forward!

This would probably require us going to the AFL staright awat to tell us that this is what we're doing and why we're doing it to kill off any tanking allegations from the get go. Obviously I don't expect the club to do this, but given the season is already dead I know it's what I'd be doing. Gives us a chance to see what guys like Davis, Fitzpatrick, Tynan etc have to offer and also lets out top young players play together in what would hopefully be a winning VFL culture.

No offence, but Barry can't even hold his spot in caseys seniors, why play a bloke clearly not up to it? Sellar and pederson in the same side to me is tanking, those two shouldn't be on an AFL list.

Look, I like the notion about the kids playing at Casey, but if Melbourne don't survive Casey don't, why sacrifice the AFL team for the sake of the VFL? You're taking the only performing players out, seems a bit silly.

Also, MacDonald is still injured I'm pretty sure (didn't play for Casey the week before the bye) and Barry has been playing development league so you will ruin him throwing him straight into AFL before time.

Toumpas needs the year in the 2s. We need to let him develop as a player before we expose him to the crap that is the MFC.

Ins: Watts - Jamar - Blease - Magner - Jetta

Outs: Sylvia (susp) - Spencer - Nicho - Kent - Bail

FB: Garland - Sellar - Terlich

HB: Watts - Frawley - Strauss

C: Davey - M.Jones - Blease

HF: Evans - Dawes - Howe

FF: Tapscott - Gawn - Byrnes

R: Jamar - N.Jones - Viney

I: McKenzie - Magner - Dunn

S: Jetta

Frawley - Jack

Sellar - Tyrone

Garland - McGuane

McKenzie - Cotch

Dunn - Deledio

Edited by daveytrain1

Why are posters maligning Sellar? His opponent kicked ONE goal.

He did his job.

I have to agree with this fumbled a bit and should have taken a mark or two instead of punching, not the best but far from the worst.

I'd like to see Fitz and Davis get the nod and a rookie elevation as well.

Watts back in but leave Toumpas down for more confidence (show him the Robbie Flower clips).

Jamar back in.

Edited by Robbie57

silvia is a smart one, hits a player and is out for 3 weeks, good move considering the belting we will get over the next few rounds.

Why are posters maligning Sellar? His opponent kicked ONE goal.

He did his job.

I can only speak for myself, but I'd like to give Davis a few games to see if he can stop AND give us some rebound.

I can only speak for myself, but I'd like to give Davis a few games to see if he can stop AND give us some rebound.

I've watched Davis a couple of times and I've really seen him struggle below his knees.

But, I agree, some of these boys need a chance, especially if they're tearing it up @ Casey.

I've watched Davis a couple of times and I've really seen him struggle below his knees.

But, I agree, some of these boys need a chance, especially if they're tearing it up @ Casey.

I just get frustrated with Neeld with constantly bringing in then dropping Sellar, Rodan etc and not giving Davis and, dare I say it, Cook and Gysberts (when they were around) a decent go at senior level just to see what happens. Sometimes they might not have shown enough consistency etc but if we're getting smashed and they're in the gun already, just experiment and give us something rather than keep bringing in spuds who are proven to be not much other than ordinary depth players.