Jack Trengove

Spot on Rusty. That towelling from Beamer and the 5 possie game can't be helping his image among the boys, regardless if it is his fault or not.

I would say that the Trengove captaincy needs to come to an end at the end of this year. I just hope Jack doesn't crack the s***s and leave. It was a silly move to give him the captaincy in the first place, a gimmick and a slap in the face of the men who moved against CS. It made a bit more sense with Jack Grimes but with Trenners it doesn't.

Yep. Was always going to be hard on a new bloke in his early formative years with no real grunt around him. Even Joel Selwood, surrounded by a team of champions, didn't get the captaincy until 1 season later in his career than Trengove. He also had 3 years in maturity on young Jack.

was on Channel 7

Nothing in HUN or Age, they haven't interviewed the players as yet so I find that hard to believe.

Nothing on AFL or Essendon website so it seems unlikely.

Edited by RobbieF

McQueen i sense your frustration mate. Keep in mind that Neeld did play him in the mid field last week. Unfortunately he matched him up at the start of the match and for a fair portion of the rest of the centerbounces/on ball contests on Beamer. I've expressed my amazement at this decision previously, so i won't go over it again.

Based on what i've seen on the field this year and given we know he was coming back from an injury pre season, i'd say his fitness/conditioning levels just aren't up to playing at AFL level atm and he's probably been on a gradual downward spiral, recovery wise post each match, since his return.

Unfortunately, by allowing him to get towelled up by Beamer last week, Neeld has also added to the equation by possibly (emphasis on possibly) driving the final physical nail into him for the following week's match against the Blues (courtesy of Beamer) along with a massive drop in confidence with such a beating by a former team mate. Wouldn't be making him feel any better about the Captaincy either i wouldn't think. Imagine walking into the rooms after the Brisbane match having just been smashed by a former team mate who you were the Captain of, and facing that group as the co Captain.

Some good points, Rusty.

Remember Neeld saying that Jacks level of fitness was so far advanced that the lay-off would have very little impact on the time it takes to get match fit again?

Just another case of Neeld shooting off at the mouth without putting much thought into what it might mean for the player.

Guest rednblue4life

Blah, blah, blah

Mononey was told he needed to defend as hard as he attacked, instead he went and had a sook about it

Anyone else see a similarity between Trengove and Luke Ball.

Ball as a junior and early in his saints days was quick. He fell out of favour at the saints because with time he became really slow, and could not get distance with his kicks - never lost the competitive edge tho'.

Sound familiar?

One year at the filth and his speed and kicking was back.

Misson was at the saints during Ball's decline.

• Like 1

Ball as a junior and early in his saints days was quick. He fell out of favour at the saints because with time he became really slow, and could not get distance with his kicks - never lost the competitive edge tho'.

Sound familiar?

That's interesting.

Sound familiar?

You must follow Brett Anderson on Twitter? He's written an article in Inside Footy about the similarities between Trengove & Ball.

Sound familiar?

I see what you mean, but that's going on the idea that the biggest issue he has is OP, i seen glimpses of speed last year, even during training this year has has looked quick at times so i am more inclined to think the issue is still his stress fracture and a lack of match fitness, but that's just my opinion i might be totally wrong.

His first 5 to 10 burst metres looks likes he's wearing lead filled boots. I just hope this playing him in different possies to get his game time and match fitness up is part of a structured plan to rectify this underlying issue and his foot or something else is not the root cause. I dont believe Misson would play that sort of game with any of the players, let alone the Skipper.

Look, he's either injured or he has inexplicably aged ten years. I don't get it but his pace is totally gone. If it's not an injury, he's simply genetically very unlucky to have lost all his pace this quickly. Captaincy worries or not, you don't lose so much speed unless there's seriously something wrong with your body.

this...i just dont get it....preseason or no preseason....you may tire from lack of work...but to be so slow from the opening bounce..i dont get it

• Like 1

this...i just dont get it....preseason or no preseason....you may tire from lack of work...but to be so slow from the opening bounce..i dont get it

Agree. OP or no OP, I'd be ringing Ball to find out how he recovered his speed.

• Like 1

...and if it were only this year I could say yeah it's the stress fracture. However he slowed down and lost a remarkable amount of power last year, I mean we all remember when he couldn't kick the distance from around 30mtrs. Why???

yeah a player is going to miss 17 weeks with a broken colalrbone

not a chance

yeah a player is going to miss 17 weeks with a broken colalrbone

not a chance

Despite what the club is saying the playing group believe that Jack's shoulder is worse than reported and they expect he will miss a significant chunk of the season and may not get back as it was a severe break that needed pinning

Edited by Older demon

Despite what the club is saying the playing group believe that Jack's shoulder is worse than reported and they expect he will miss a significant chunk of the season and may not get back as it was a severe break that needed pinning

Please do elaborate.....

I think the Club has already reported that Jack has had a plate put in and that it was a clean break .May be our doctors on the site can elaborate for us.

I think the Club has already reported that Jack has had a plate put in and that it was a clean break .May be our doctors on the site can elaborate for us.

Jacks dad Steve mentioned in an email regarding the membership volunteers that it was a very clean break and everything was going very well so think the severe break is rubbish.

...and if it were only this year I could say yeah it's the stress fracture. However he slowed down and lost a remarkable amount of power last year, I mean we all remember when he couldn't kick the distance from around 30mtrs. Why???

Osteitis Pubis.

• Like 1

Sound familiar?

Yes, very much... I was wondering about that last night after I watched the replay of footy classified & saw old footage...

Balls decline, was I think before Misson got there, & then during his reign.

think OP is to do with the amount of running, & imo, then compounded by weight training, & then the kicking action as well... I think this may be a part of the reason they rotate players after hard running, & particularly after a long kick for goal.

... & I wonder, IF, OP may have come into the game after the bench was Increased to (4) in the late Nineties? + the advent of Pro football, & full time training.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interchange_%28Australian_rules_football%29#Historical_interchange_rules_and_tactics

Sound familiar?

Luke Ball - 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Ball#2006_season

Kid jogs around slower then Frawley in Games. No wonder we are sitting at the bottom of the ladder when our only fit captain is doing that.

Drop him and name Jones captain. People are going to come to his defence about this post but either Jack T or Neeld should go. If he ain't fit don't play him, if he is fit and playing as he is then he is not captain material.