• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Casey Scorpions v Williamstown

KC from Casey

The only thing thats soft is those putrid NSW men, i go to the MCG 8 times a year, dont harp to me about getting instant gratification, i [censored] cant stand you, you dont even attend games, who are you to tell me to be patient, go watch it live and see how you feel.

More than half of my life was spent in Melbourne, growing up, studying, working and attending games and since I have been in Sydney I still try to attend when I can afford it and when family commitments allow. I attended the Port game and will possibly attend the Queen's Birthday game and will definitely attend another in July... I even attended the Shanghai game (I would be interested to know what is the furthest you have travelled to a game and how much did it cost you?). You live in Melbourne, yet you only get along to 8 games? That's pretty ordinary by the standards of most on these forums I would think (maybe you should ask your newsagent to pay you more for the paper run?).

I am not telling you to be patient... I am merely pointing out your impatience and suggesting you support another club. And yes... you ARE soft!

• Like 2

Hey I had Maccas at Cranny tonight :(

Then it's quite possible you met mjt... he would have been the one asking "would you like fries with that?".

• Like 3

Thanks for the reports people

I like freedom of speech and all that but seriously there should be some sort of policy on cretins who hijak threads with garbage

If a post annoys every single person that reads it, its author should be dealt with

• Like 9

Then it's quite possible you met mjt... he would have been the one asking "would you like fries with that?".

Im going to QB, say it to my face.

The only thing thats soft is those putrid NSW men, i go to the MCG 8 times a year, dont harp to me about getting instant gratification, i [censored] cant stand you, you dont even attend games, who are you to tell me to be patient, go watch it live and see how you feel.

Well said.

I went along to the game tonight but missed the first 10 minutes. Casey is normally windy but tonight is was ridiculous. At one point I had to move because my eyes were watering into the wind!

I was really impressed with the coach - I think it is Rohan Welsh. Clear instructions that were concise and to the point.

It was a tough night for good footy. 4-5 goal wind for most of the night.

Dunn was outstanding. He played loose across half back, which I know is the easiest position in footy, but his reading of the play followed by his kicking was superb. If Watts does not play well, Dunn comes straight back in.

Strauss. Played a very good game. Had a little bit of run-and-carry through the middle and delivered well most times. He appeared quicker than I remembered him.

Taggert. I really like this kid. Strong over the ball, showed some gut running and kicked well. Was very smart at times using the ball into the wind. Kicked three (I think)

Fitzpatrick.Great game. Proved a handful for Williamstown every time he was near the ball. Ran all night, flew for every mark and his pace was amazing. Seemed to have iron hands a bit - the ball bounced off them when he had a clear chance at marking. An impressive game considering the wind made it a shocking night for tall players.

Hogan. Didn't see him get it too much.

Toumpas. He got to a lot of contests but didn't seem to impact many of them. However, in the last quarter he was superb. His kicking to position against the wind was really good and he got in an under in defence when needed.

Dawes. Not a great game. When he kicked for goal I am sure he did not kick through the ball well, and it seemed he was holding back on a full effort. I doubt he will play for the Dees against Carlton. His positioning and defensive efforts were good at times.

Davis. He gets to a lot of contests and plays hard when he needs to.

Kent. I was not sure of his number until the game was almost over so I am unsure how he went.

Dunn, Strauss and Fitzpatrick played worthily enough to be considered for game against Carlton. Taggert maybe.

I also was at the game and agree with pretty much what Maldon has said. On the injury front, I went up to Jessie Hogan's uncle after he chatted with his nephew and he told me that Jessie received a corky after been slammed in a marking duel in the first quarter. He might miss a week but he's OK. I also noticed that Chris Dawes had an ice pack on his knee after the game. It could be just a cautioning.

A few observations. Chris Dawes is not AFL ready and I expect he won't be called up for a few weeks if tonight was any indication. On the other hand Fitzy is in fine form and should get his chance in the next couple of weeks. Jimmy T was disappointing in the first 3 quarters and looked a little lost. He seemed to find his compass in the last quarter and got more involved. His kicking skills are very good. I thought Strauss attacked the ball very hard and even broke through packs. You get a sense that he is gaining confidence with every outing.

• Like 3

I got on to this post tonight and never realised how funny some of you guys are and then I realised that you were being serious. C'mon are we really writing off jimmy t after 5 rounds. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Oh and by the way get lives

• Like 3

How much is the pension worth these days, FMD attend a game before you pot someone elses passion, until then STFU.

Being in full time employment I wouldn't know... Maccas paying the minimum wage still?

Some other observations:

Toumpas seemed to have an injury to his hand/finger/wrist - but did play well in the last quarter. Every time he came off he was gutted.

Kent kicked a great goal after running down the wing.

Fitzy - even though he played well I just dont get the feeling that he is an AFL player but maybe a very good VFL player

Strauss liked his game.

Dawes looked very relaxed and seem to be just ensuring that he made it through the game.

Hogan was dirty having had to come off. Was muttering to himself and didnt look happy although he rarely looks happy (oh no!!!)

Taggert did some nice things

Dunn great kicking and positioning. Looked too good for VFL.

Spencer an even game but didnt dominate.

It was a good determined win as they had the wind in the last quarter which was worth at least 4-5 goals. They stuck to coach's directions which was to kick down the far wing (opposite the "grandstand") and to slow it down. His final words were that he believed in them. Interesting to see Melbourne development coaches there with forwards, backs and midfields.

• Like 2

the kid is 6 weeks into his afl career.....give him a chance ffs

So is Ollie Wines.

• Like 1

Wines wasn't great tonight...

True, 22 touches is quite a bit below par for him.

• Like 3

Wines wasn't great tonight...

I beg to differ, Wines attack on the football and his one percenters are just a joy to watch.

Hinkley was spot on, Wines is the type of player you build a side around.

He is a Selwood clone, but possibly cleaner by foot at the same stage in their development.

Glad I wasn't required to be employee of the month in the first 5 weeks of my first job at 18yo...

Employee of the Month - A great example of being a winner and a loser at the same time :)

So is Ollie Wines.

And Ollie is playing in a side that is undefeated; Jimmy was playing in a team playing the worst footy ever.

Port's success is just so obviously due to Ollie, and our disastrous start just as clearly due to Jimmy ???

And I guess that had we picked Ollie we would be undefeated and had Port picked Jimmy they would be winless ???

Edited by Demonland
  • Like 1

I beg to differ, Wines attack on the football and his one percenters are just a joy to watch.

Hinkley was spot on, Wines is the type of player you build a side around.

He is a Selwood clone, but possibly cleaner by foot at the same stage in their development.

Mate did you watch Boak tonight....he was the difference and if we had a player like him the rest of our midfield would play better too.

There is a good reason Geelong went across to try and get him.

Wines is good by the way I'm not suggesting otherwise. But people here are so obsessed with saying we got it all wrong when we are 5 games into what will be 10-15 year careers for these kids.

Hogan is next year, we recruit Jump Jockeys.

Toumpas impressed, not so much his game - though he has silky skills - but the way he got pummelled three times in the last quarter, he was hurt, but got up, got into it and continued to put himself in the firing line. The kid will be a gem mark my words.

• Like 8

Agree....are there any mods on duty tonight??

And Ollie is playing in a side that is undefeated; Jimmy was playing in a team playing the worst footy ever.

Port's success is just so obviously due to Ollie, and our disastrous start just as clearly due to Jimmy ???

And I guess that had we picked Ollie we would be undefeated and had Port picked Jimmy they would be winless ???

Maaate.....

That's a bit OTT don't you think.?

I'm only commenting on the fact that Wines has been very very good and I reckon if he was wearing an MFC guernsey he would be doing well also.

JMO guys. I hope Jimmy is a star but out of all the top draft picks from last year, he's had the slowest start. Here's hoping he can turn it around but if you think it's because the rest of our team is crud then he's destined for a poor year.

Mate did you watch Boak tonight....he was the difference and if we had a player like him the rest of our midfield would play better too.

There is a good reason Geelong went across to try and get him.

Wines is good by the way I'm not suggesting otherwise. But people here are so obsessed with saying we got it all wrong when we are 5 games into what will be 10-15 year careers for these kids.

Fans were saying the same after 5 of Joel Selwoods games, it wasn't hard to see he was going to be a gun.

Ollie Wines is already a star, no need to play him down.

Fans were saying the same after 5 of Joel Selwoods games, it wasn't hard to see he was going to be a gun.

Ollie Wines is already a star, no need to play him down.

As they said re Rhys Palmer....

Sure you are probably right but nothing is for certain...