Who is going to take this club by the throat?

Soidee

I'm afraid those in charge of this club have shown they are totally incapable of getting things right. They embarrass the club, the supporters and damage the brand year in year out. The media use us as a comedy show and we are kicked in the teeth and bullied endlessly.

Is there anyone out there who can grab this mob by the throat and shake all the incompetent fools from the tree? Anyone?

I agree. But...the way to ending all of this is by simply winning....& beating good teams not half a$$ed expansions like GWS or GC...

Then you would see Don Mclardy as a God...worshipped by all..Winning is the key!!! So the players must be accountable also..

Until then...Don is just another guy in a suit running the club just like all before him WITHOUT MCGUIRE LIKE VOICE..Which Mcguire gives the Pies.. besides maybe Jimma who had a bit of presence with us certainly.

I do think theres someone out there whos been thinking about the challenge of MFC president and an empowering one at that....just have a gut feel...

• Like 3

I'm afraid those in charge of this club have shown they are totally incapable of getting things right. They embarrass the club, the supporters and damage the brand year in year out. The media use us as a comedy show and we are kicked in the teeth and bullied endlessly.

Is there anyone out there who can grab this mob by the throat and shake all the incompetent fools from the tree? Anyone?

you volunteering are you, and you are embarrassed are you?.....bullied?...thought it was only certain posters on here who liked to bully.............didn't we have pages of this yesterday.......as I said yesterday........put yourself forward.....exactly what have they done wrong? facts remember

you volunteering are you, and you are embarrassed are you?.....bullied?...thought it was only certain posters on here who liked to bully.............didn't we have pages of this yesterday.......as I said yesterday........put yourself forward.....exactly what have they done wrong? facts remember

I have worked out who this is!! The long pauses in between sentences? It could only be.....

I always thought Elliot Goblet barracked for Hawthorn?! It's nice to see you will be able to throw your celebrity behind us with all your volunteering that makes us mere mortals pale in comparison.

they handled the jurrah affiar with poise.they are learning to close shop on injuries and timelines and not make silly statements .

less club people are talking to the press, as it should only be the coach and prez doing this.they have said we will stick with the 3 preseason option of misson and rest of fd.and they have shut up press hoopla on hogan which never happened with jw.notice there is no outrageous comments about the coach coming from committee. the club is very slowly learning from mistakes. DONT PANIC

• Like 5

I have worked out who this is!! The long pauses in between sentences? It could only be.....

I always thought Elliot Goblet barracked for Hawthorn?! It's nice to see you will be able to throw your celebrity behind us with all your volunteering that makes us mere mortals pale in comparison.

Highly amusing...not...I put the pauses so the readers don't get their lips out of sync by reading too fast..........I do get a bit bored with the same old topics being posted............nice to see you deride my volunteering......sort of sums things up nicely doesn't it....got anything constructive to add

Highly amusing...not...I put the pauses so the readers don't get their lips out of sync by reading too fast..........I do get a bit bored with the same old topics being posted............nice to see you deride my volunteering......sort of sums things up nicely doesn't it....got anything constructive to add

Just returning the favor. I personally wouldn't be so condescending to assume that the people on here are unable to read simple prose.

What grates at me is this holier than thou attitude you take with anyone who dare feel upset at the club and is prepared to say something against certain individuals. You volunteer? Great. It doesn't make you infallible.

Just because people haven't as much time as they would like to devote to the club (they may work during the week?) doesn't mean they aren't entitled to an opinion on it. I wasn't involved in the 1975 Constitutional Crisis but I know plenty about it,,,

every time somebody pleads stability

support inside and outside of the club implodes

if the committee and coaching staff read the doomsday rubbish on some of these subjects, the lights would be turned off for good

The club needs to continually 'evolve' and look at ways of improving at all levels. That goes without saying.

But our greatest need is for the team - the actual footballers - to WIN.

New sponsors - check.

Move to new training facility including Gosch's paddock - check.

Debt demolition - check.

30,000+ members in a period of pathetic football - check

Press into Casey and Darwin - check.

Search for new CEO with outstanding interim CEO - check.

Men and women of Demonland, we simply need to start winning, and stop listening to all the spin from journos about being "irrrelevant, embarrassing, etc..."

Winning, and winning alone, will grab this club by the scruff of the neck.

• Like 14

Just returning the favor. I personally wouldn't be so condescending to assume that the people on here are unable to read simple prose.

What grates at me is this holier than thou attitude you take with anyone who dare feel upset at the club and is prepared to say something against certain individuals. You volunteer? Great. It doesn't make you infallible.

Just because people haven't as much time as they would like to devote to the club (they may work during the week?) doesn't mean they aren't entitled to an opinion on it. I wasn't involved in the 1975 Constitutional Crisis but I know plenty about it,,,

Just a couple of points, I was returning the humour, what's wrong, on bypass for returns is it?

Anybody can be upset at the Club, do you really think I am happy with every decision, no and I make my feelings known

What grates with me is the lack of alternatvies put forward by the posters who are unhappy

And the lack of action by them to create change, anybody can sit behind a keyboard and rant, if you want change you have to make it happen, it is too easy for posters to a. hide behind a nickname and rant and rave, not answer when you put the heat on them, this is what happens in topics like this

And for your information, I am not infallible, everybody makes mistakes (although you would think certain posters on this board don't), I just get sick of posters on this board who spout nothing but negativity, I will defend the Club where I think, in my opinion, it needs to be...... I am entitled to.

Also I have a full time job as well

• Like 1

I am expecting a white knight to surface, someone will come in and unite the club. It could be a very highly regarded, and significantly wealthy businessman who recently sold his business and I am told is considering the challenge. Time will tell.

In the language of Japanese the same word is used for disaster as opportunity. "Kiken".

Edited by Grand New Flag

The last 12 months tells me the club needs new blood upstairs.

Feel free to disagree but it won't change my opinion.

When the board reappointed CS they were endorsing the Red & Blueprint.

It failed, so do we just stumble along?

I certainly hope not.

I will try and be constructive on this topic not like a lot of buffoons who just post rubbish.

Firstly, it will be very difficult or any reasonable person to have confidence in Don Mclardy and the administration at this time. I challenge anyone who thinks Don and his team are in control of this whole saga, they are all drowning and seem incapable of convincing anyone of their ability to turn it around.

Don - I am a paid member and no longer believe you are the person to run this club. I do not trust those in charge and the media does not trust those in charge. The weight of opinion is against you Don.

I will try and be constructive on this topic not like a lot of buffoons who just post rubbish.

Firstly, it will be very difficult or any reasonable person to have confidence in Don Mclardy and the administration at this time. I challenge anyone who thinks Don and his team are in control of this whole saga, they are all drowning and seem incapable of convincing anyone of their ability to turn it around.

Don - I am a paid member and no longer believe you are the person to run this club. I do not trust those in charge and the media does not trust those in charge. The weight of opinion is against you Don.

Loosen up champ, we need a bit of a joke around with all the crap happening lately.

The last 12 months tells me the club needs new blood upstairs.

Feel free to disagree but it won't change my opinion.

When the board reappointed CS they were endorsing the Red & Blueprint.

It failed, so do we just stumble along?

I certainly hope not.

CS is no longer in the building. You also believe that the interim CEO was appointed by the AFL. If that's the case, do you believe that anyone will escape his critical review of the club?

Don't get me wrong, I'm an advocate of change, but I just don't understand what good would come of sacking the board at this stage.

Again why do you think they are not in control, not rumour or innuendo, but facts, why?

I don't think a couple of thngs sound right, but I don't have the facts, so I am willing to wait for the outcome, and we are not alone in this situation, I have my opinion on what occurred but that is just opinion

At the moment, the membership is still ticking over, according to Vlad we have a sound financial base, we have a new highly experienced interim CEO coming in to check the place out.....etc etc.......we even had a win at the weekend