POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

had to listen on the radio today and at 3qtr time had my head in hands over the kitcken sink , wanting to puke , but well fmd , what happened after that had me roarin , stuff the neibours , it was just what ide dreamed aout at 3qrt time , so many new and old stood up and im proud as hell , i just cannot believe some of the negative crap on here , , theres just no pleasing some people , , i just wish they could shut there gob for a few days and let MFC supporters enjoy , , well done dees this will be very important to the teams physch

Well said BD.

My neighbours were [censored] off at me too. That's nice for a change.

• Like 1

Sylvia had a great game chased and ran hard all day, did the 1%'s also his burst through the middle of the ground was awesome to watch broke like 3-4 tackles love watching him when he's on

agreed but it has to be said that his 'on' games occur far more regularly against poorer opponents

• Like 1

Didn't see Bynes as that effective for us but he tries.

Jones and Sylvia gave us the drive from the guts.

It helped that Garland got his groove happening of half back.

Jamar will struggle to get games when Dawes comes in.

On another note-the female goal umpy was a disgrace and should never be given another game .

Even the review system kept getting it wrong .

I thought the AFL was trying to wipe us out by conspiracy at 3/4 time.

See what happens when you let sheilas out of the kitchen.

• Like 2

Byrnes, Terlich, matt jones and pederson - did pretty well today, what did you think RobbieF?!

Hopefully Clark is fit for next week, he will find another gear playing against the lions

Byrnes is a former Premiership player, if he can't perform well against a group of young kids he should retire.

Terlich and Jones try hard all day in every game they play, but both make some serious errors and I certainly don't think they are going to be stars of the competition, they are both hard working battlers.

Pederson did a bit early but overall he wasn't all that good, you need to put in all day not just now and then. I don't believe he is much better, if he is at all, than Sellar. Sellar can't play forward and given a bit of confidence he may be ok in the backline but I can't see Pederson doing much either forward or back.

We were all struggling in the first three quarters and it seemed as if we got our goals from sheer perseverance not through any skill or teamwork, Byrnes and Pederson kept us in it earlier but Pederson should have gone on with it and didn't.

GWS ran harder than us, they were faster than us, they showed more teamwork and skill than us, but they ran out of legs, so we won.

Make no mistake we were terrible in the second and third quarters, they embarrassed us.

Edited by RobbieF

See what happens when you let sheilas out of the kitchen.

BBO

After years of struggling for feminism in our community ,including as a judge of numerous wet t-shirt competitions and cooking fetes ,I find it disappointing that you can ruin the cause with such a simplistic and chauvinistic cliche.

When my wife has finished pulling the plough tonight ,I am going to smack her one to release the frustration you are causing women everywhere.

• Like 2

Jamar knockers... the interview on DeeTV is a must for you.

I knock Jamar and still will. I don't think he can play at the top level without another ruck men to help him out. He played his best game for the year but was still average at best. He seems like a top bloke and I wish him the best.

• Like 4

BBO

After years of struggling for feminism in our community ,including as a judge of numerous wet t-shirt competitions and cooking fetes ,I find it disappointing that you can ruin the cause with such a simplistic and chauvinistic cliche.

When my wife has finished pulling the plough tonight ,I am going to smack her one to release the frustration you are causing women everywhere.

I'm no expert but isn't smacking your wife one called foreplay?

Byrnes' skills were clearly a cut above the other 21 players, and that was clearest in the middle two quarters when he was making difficult passes when the others couldn't kick under no pressure.

Matt Jones and Dean Terlich are both great for their intensity and repeat efforts, but unfortunately they're both awful with ball in hand. Jones' first instinct is handpass, sold many under the bus numerous times today. Terlich likes to take the tackle on but often gets himself into trouble doing so. They're good players, they have the guts and strength and general football brain to play, but they really need to work on their disposal (of course, almost everyone was poor today, but these two stood out).

He was woeful today, I lost count the number of times he got the ball, stopped then just handballed backwards or sideways to a teammate under pressure.

Go take a look at those again, preferably with the anti-Watts glasses off. In many of those instances, he was given the ball when he really shouldn't have been. He then looks up, sees the same problem the previous player saw, and is the one who's forced to cop the criticism for the eventual turnover.

In the middle two quarters we were fumbling and we were disjointed coming out of defence. Watts would often provide a link-up option but would get used when he shouldn't have been.

I'm not saying he played well, he didn't. But don't call him out for things that aren't his fault.

• Like 2

It almost seemed that the team was de/shackled in the last 1/4.

Very very bizarre. I think the last quarter performance shows we have very good talent in our team. Why we are not allowed to play like that every quarter is one more reason to suggest that neeld is not getting the most out of our players.

Here, from the man himself:

"The coach, thought, kept his nerve heading to the huddle and emphasised five things: style, training, spirit, fitness and supporters. He told the players they had "30 minutes to dig deep".

No mention there of "play your natural game".

I knock Jamar and still will. I don't think he can play at the top level without another ruck men to help him out. He played his best game for the year but was still average at best. He seems like a top bloke and I wish him the best.

hmm he said he didn't know what the score was at 3QT and that people slagging him off for poor form was 'water of a duck's back'.. I wonder how much this bloke's heart is in it TBH

Right so you said Byrnes is lucky to have kicked those goals then you go on to say Tapscott was great? clearly didn't watched the game.. Byrnes kept us in the game and showed real leadership and flare.

I don't rate Byrnes

I thought Tapscott had his best game for the club

I was at the game

Don't understand some people giving Frawley a hard time today. Go check Cameron's stats, he absolutely flogged him. Cameron is a gun and we'd all love him in our team, and today he was smashed.......well done chip, happy he showed this.

T Mac on the other hand was ordinary but kept at it. Frawley to J brown next week and t Mac to Martin.....hmmm.

• Like 3

I don't rate Byrnes

I thought Tapscott had his best game for the club

I was at the game

So you have your preconceived beliefs and reality be damned.

Who gives a sh!t, anyway?

To all those that are still living their life through the lense of 3 quarter time. The players are winners, they would be happy and proud of themselves.

And I am f___ing relieved and happy for them.

So may their confidence grow from that quarter.

• Like 3

So you have your preconceived beliefs and reality be damned.

Who gives a sh!t, anyway?

To all those that are still living their life through the lense of 3 quarter time. The players are winners, they would be happy and proud of themselves.

And I am f___ing relieved and happy for them.

So may their confidence grow from that quarter.

I was relieved they won the game and it was great for my grandchildren to walk away knowing they'd seen us win but let's not get carried away.

At three quarter we were staring down the barrel of a defeat by a second year expansion team; we won but they certainly showed up our deficiencies in the middle part of the game. Their run, chase and pressure was fantastic and they showed us how the game should be played.

We won because we were stronger in the end, not better.

Next week we face a team that's had our measure for quite a while now and they won't run out of legs or strength. If we beat them i'll be impressed.

• Like 1

Don't understand some people giving Frawley a hard time today. Go check Cameron's stats, he absolutely flogged him. Cameron is a gun and we'd all love him in our team, and today he was smashed.......well done chip, happy he showed this.

T Mac on the other hand was ordinary but kept at it. Frawley to J brown next week and t Mac to Martin.....hmmm.

agreed, TMac is really struggling this year