What does Dean Kent have to do?

Probably defensive side of his game. If he can't do that at VFL level he won't be much use in the senior side. The other thing is its a hard to place to get a kick in our forward line and the guys in the team probably deserve some time. Byrnes, Davey and Tapscott are the 3 playing his position. I think Neeld is liking Byrnes' effort and giving him a try. Again I think Davey is playing ok and Tapscott kicked 6 in the VFL.

As Brad Scott said about Majak Daw "He's playing well in the VFL but he's not playing games that mean I can't leave him out". Let's see if Kent can get to the next level at VFL first.

All said I'd like to see him soon if even as the sub.

From Aaron with Matt Burgan on the live chat, some one asked why he did not get a game

6:42

Hi Daniel, Dean has played two VFL games into an AFL career. He's got some really exciting attributes and he had a taste in the NAB Cup. We hope he would gain a taste in the AFL at some stage this season, but he will take a bit of time. Aaron.

Toumpas will be emergency this week, can't see he, Pederson or Spencer getting the nod ahead of Sellar, Bail, M Jones or Evans. Interesting choice for sub though.

Well done Maxy, just got a feeling he's gonna kill it now he's up and about. Can't be long before Jake Spencer comes in for Jamar, and that's all from the Russian.

The team just looks so much more talented with Watts in there too.

I just have this odd feeling that Kent's first AFL year is mirroring his last year out west. He did everything right, played some great games, and for some reason they would never pick him for the representative sides.

I will add, thank God they didn't pick him for the representative sides, otherwise we'd never have picked him up so late in the draft.

Its madness - he easily in our best 22 - when he finally gets a game he will show it to. And that is a guarantee. Its like the football department dont want to win - keep picking lots of talls when we have no spread or functioning midfield.

From Aaron with Matt Burgan on the live chat, some one asked why he did not get a game

6:42

Hi Daniel, Dean has played two VFL games into an AFL career. He's got some really exciting attributes and he had a taste in the NAB Cup. We hope he would gain a taste in the AFL at some stage this season, but he will take a bit of time. Aaron.

That's ridiculous - then why is Toumpas playing? I would say Kent is well ahead of Toumpas right now (as far as AFL ready - he is an absolute nugget).

Anyway if that is the case Toumpas should not be playing. I am fine/happy with the club letting young players develop at Casey but they have to be consistent (with exceptions to Viney).

• Like 2

Have to agree. Not a matter of rushing him as he showed he's ready for the big time in the pre-season. Did not look out of place one bit. He's got genuine quality and god knows we need that. Get him in next week.

He reminds me of the way Jeremy Howe was handled in his first year. Needed to play some consistent footy at Casey and hasn't looked back since getting the call up. Kent will get his chance soon, would love to see him this week but am prepared to wait. I think he will be worth it.

• Like 2

Shave those sideburns

• Like 2

Toumpas will be emergency this week, can't see he, Pederson or Spencer getting the nod ahead of Sellar, Bail, M Jones or Evans. Interesting choice for sub though.

Well done Maxy, just got a feeling he's gonna kill it now he's up and about. Can't be long before Jake Spencer comes in for Jamar, and that's all from the Russian.

The team just looks so much more talented with Watts in there too.

Based on that, Bail HAS to be sub.

Disclaimer; I only saw 2 1/2 qtrs from Bail on Saturday. Yes, he got a head knock, yes, he didn't play for 20 minutes, or so, but I watched him very closely when he came back on when "fit", his inability to run hard (fitness), and his lack of football knowledge is a real concern for me. Fitness can be improved, being footy "dumb" is something I hope he can change when the former is achieved.

The question should be who.Not what.

• Like 2

So far, Dean Kent has played to "real" VFL games, his first was nothing special, and his 2nd he found himself rated as the 6th best player for Casey.

I would like to see Kent get a run in the seniors when he is consistently in the top 2 or 3 for BOG. Perform like this over a month and you get rewarded.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.