• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Mark Jamar

dazzledavey36

Jamar was better in the ruck this week, but to me a passage in the first summed up where he is at.

Was on Meth Coasts Sinclair, they had a kick out from our behind. Jamar stood, blocking space, arms out on HBF.

Meth Coast, pass to pocket, Jamar watches stationary as his man runs 15-20m to boundary side, pass goes to Jamars man as he makes half hearted belated effort to man up.

35 out, slight angle, set shot, goes to handball.

I don't get this "half the ability of Jamar". Spencer has had better disposal stats in his few games than Jamar's in his entire career. He's faster, more aggressive, a better mark, as good a kick, (given that he does actually kick it, which Jamar doesn't), and gets his hands on the ball more. How has he 'half the ability'?

So, it's not just his work rate that has disappeared, his confidence has as well. Needs to get his mind right at Casey.

If Gawn isn't ready, Spencer should play. Half the ability of Jamar but at least he tries!

• Like 1

I don't get that Spencer has 'half the ability' of Jamar?!?!?!?! He gets his hands on it around the ground about 4 times as much, and then does something with it. Faster, better mark, as good a kick, more aggressive, more competitive. How does he have 'half the ability'?

• Like 2

Memories on this site are pathetic. Stefan Martin was terrible last year. To claim we should have kept him is a ridiculous call which belies logic and reason, and is purely based on not liking Jamar right now.

Jamar gives us nothing other than competition in the hit outs, and even then, he's not doing a great job of giving us first use. For that, he can't stay in the side.

Spencer/Gawn will give us more around the ground. Both of them are more mobile than Jamar. Jamar needs to go back to Casey and tear it up down there, remembering that he can in fact kick 50 metres, he can take a contested mark, and he can drift forward and move around the ground. Right now, he's not doing that, and until he does, I don't want him in the side.

• Like 6

Memories on this site are pathetic. Stefan Martin was terrible last year. To claim we should have kept him is a ridiculous call which belies logic and reason, and is purely based on not liking Jamar right now.

Jamar gives us nothing other than competition in the hit outs, and even then, he's not doing a great job of giving us first use. For that, he can't stay in the side.

Spencer/Gawn will give us more around the ground. Both of them are more mobile than Jamar. Jamar needs to go back to Casey and tear it up down there, remembering that he can in fact kick 50 metres, he can take a contested mark, and he can drift forward and move around the ground. Right now, he's not doing that, and until he does, I don't want him in the side.

Over their careers Jamar has averaged more hitouts than Martin, but that's it. Martin has better averages in every other category. I was never a fan as Martin as a forward/ruck, but he would be a million times better as a ruckman for us at the moment than a guy who has had 1 effective kick for the season so far.

• Like 3

He and Royal are the big issues with the Melbourne midfield. His work rate is atrocious.

So if Royal is our big issue please explain Nathan Jones and Matt Jones and to a lesser d egree Viney? Royal is really horrible except for those guys ?

You would have zero idea whether Royal is good or bad..or any other assistant coach. Only the likes of Neeld/Craig and the players would know.

• Like 1

I don't get that Spencer has 'half the ability' of Jamar?!?!?!?! He gets his hands on it around the ground about 4 times as much, and then does something with it. Faster, better mark, as good a kick, more aggressive, more competitive. How does he have 'half the ability'?

Talking about ability, not recent performances.

Jamar, at his best, has the proven ability to make the AA team. Probably quicker than Spencer, better mark, much better kick and again, at his best equal on competitiveness.

Spencer I like, but Jamar has a lot more ability even if we haven't seen it for 3 years

we need Jamar as a backup ruckman as we are unlikely to go through the whole years with Gawn and Spencer fit and healty. Jamar has been doing it pretty much by himself for too long. I think a rest in the VFL may help refresh him. for the GWS game we need to go in with two ruckman so Spencer and Gawn both come in, resting ruckman goes down to the forward pocket just like they used to do. That will suck a tall defender away from harassing clark, with Dawes and Clark at CHF and FF, which means Sellers either goes into defense of goes and helps Jamar in the VFL. Frawley, jetta, Pederson also get a rest. Strauss, kent and Davis in.

• Like 1

No way known is Jamar quicker than Spencer - Jamar is the slowest (physically and mentally) I've ever seen. Spencer averages more marks per game than Jamar. Jamar never kicks the ball so that argument is bereft of data. One thing Jamar is good at is crawling around on the ground after he's fallen over in a ruck or marking contest.

• Like 5

You useless trash of a player this bloke does NOTHING around the ground! he is by far the worst afl player to ever play 100 games! get in spener or gawn atleast they show heart and work ethic!

Travis Johnstone played twice as many and was twice as lazy..,

We have relied on the Russian too much for too long. Give him a break, let him recover - he has taken an absolute bashing over the past three weeks

Edited by PJ_12345

No way known is Jamar quicker than Spencer - Jamar is the slowest (physically and mentally) I've ever seen. Spencer averages more marks per game than Jamar. Jamar never kicks the ball so that argument is bereft of data. One thing Jamar is good at is crawling around on the ground after he's fallen over in a ruck or marking contest.

Thats true, but one thing is for sure, if Gawn could string a few games together Jamar would probably be a very handy back up ruckman.

Over their careers Jamar has averaged more hitouts than Martin, but that's it. Martin has better averages in every other category. I was never a fan as Martin as a forward/ruck, but he would be a million times better as a ruckman for us at the moment than a guy who has had 1 effective kick for the season so far.

Did you know Jamar was going to have 1 effective kick in three games in October last year?

No. You didn't. So stop using hindsight. At any rate, Martin was, and still is, crap.

The answer isn't Jamar, nor is it Martin. It's Gawn, or Spencer.

I gotta say the hostility towards Jamar is disgusting. He has been a very good ruckman for a number of seasons. The mistake is with the club signing him for 3 years. He has shown loyalty to us signing at times when he was being pursued by other clubs for bigger money. Despite the claim by the OP, he is not the worst player the reach 100 games, he is in fact very far from it.

He is not playing well, that is bleeding obvious, IMO it's time he was dropped. He is a senior player not performing, he simply needs a run at Casey not just for him but for the symbolism of the fact that no position is safe.

A good ruckman for a number of seasons?! Get your hand off it. He's had ONE good season, which he duly was rewarded with AA selection.

One good season a ruckman does not make. He was embarrassingly bad on the weekend, to the point where we may as well have been a man down. He cannot get to a contest around the ground, and his pathetic body work in marking contests makes Paul Johnson look like a superstar.

Jamar got out marked at one stage in our defensive 50 by CHRIS MASTEN. Masten is a quality player, but he is NOT a marking threat against a ruckman in a one-on-one situation. It was deplorable.

Gawn in, Jamar out - ASAP.

• Like 4

I find it difficult to respect ridiculousness.

Do you honesty think it's not fair for anyone to comment negatively on anyone or anything if they have not had first-hand experience in that area?

Of course, if you did, you would also not be able to comment on Jamar, as, since you've never played AFL football, you would have no idea what a good football player is, right?

Your argument was pathetic, and based on the fact that you disagreed with the view that Jamar's no good. If you disagree, then explain why you disagree. Don't tell a person they can't comment because they haven't played AFL football.

Lol. The list goes on.

To be honest (off-topic, I know), it's such an indictment on where we've been the last 6 years. You have to wonder whether or not any of Dunn, Bate or MIller would have made it to 100 at any other club.

Each, or between them?

Sitting next to me at work at the moment is the fellow who looks after the stats on the weagles games (in Vic) in which of course I had to pick his brain on a couple issues

Interesting enough Jamar was leading the effective hit outs against Cox and half time according to them. This is not a supercoach/footywire of wherever you people get your stats from, this is the Eagles statistics man himself.

They adjusted the eagles midfield following his effectiveness to curb his influence which was discussed at half time when they decided to pay more respect to the Melb midfielders, especially Jones. This simple adjustment saw them obliterate us in the second half from a simple midfield structure.

In my opinion, not as much as Jamars fault as it is the midfield coach who clearly needed to do something to change it up. Jamar has never been a big ball getter but he still wins his share of the hit outs. It's where his mids around him setup which is clearly our issue. Not Mark.

Possession wise, don't compare Jamar against Cox, its ridiculous as Coxy is a once in generation player.

As for whats coming through, I also can't wait to get Gawn in there as he could become better than Mark but please stop talking abour Spencer over Jamar.

I think some of you need to actually go to some Casey games and watch Jake play. He is awful in the ruck, really has no idea. He may be better at showing some enthusiasm around the ground but lets not let the one extra tackle or block a game he will rack up get in the way that he really is only there as a depth man till Gawn is up and about.

• Like 3

Sitting next to me at work at the moment is the fellow who looks after the stats on the weagles games (in Vic) in which of course I had to pick his brain on a couple issues

Interesting enough Jamar was leading the effective hit outs against Cox and half time according to them. This is not a supercoach/footywire of wherever you people get your stats from, this is the Eagles statistics man himself.

They adjusted the eagles midfield following his effectiveness to curb his influence which was discussed at half time when they decided to pay more respect to the Melb midfielders, especially Jones. This simple adjustment saw them obliterate us in the second half from a simple midfield structure.

In my opinion, not as much as Jamars fault as it is the midfield coach who clearly needed to do something to change it up. Jamar has never been a big ball getter but he still wins his share of the hit outs. It's where his mids around him setup which is clearly our issue. Not Mark.

Possession wise, don't compare Jamar against Cox, its ridiculous as Coxy is a once in generation player.

As for whats coming through, I also can't wait to get Gawn in there as he could become better than Mark but please stop talking abour Spencer over Jamar.

I think some of you need to actually go to some Casey games and watch Jake play. He is awful in the ruck, really has no idea. He may be better at showing some enthusiasm around the ground but lets not let the one extra tackle or block a game he will rack up get in the way that he really is only there as a depth man till Gawn is up and about.

Been to quite a few Casey games, think your assessment of Spencer is a bit harsh.

As for the midfield Coach, he has Nathan Jones, Matt Jones 3 games, Jack Viney 3 games, Jack Trengove (lack of match fitness), Michael Evans 6 games, Jimmy Toumpas 3 games, Roh Bail 37 games, Jeremy Howe 38 games.....he could have used Sylvia a bit more but Sylvia was doing well forward....and he is missing his best blocker/tagger in McKenzie

Jamar unfortunately dropped off in the second half in my opinion, and Neeld made mention of possible injury

Did you know Jamar was going to have 1 effective kick in three games in October last year?

No. You didn't. So stop using hindsight. At any rate, Martin was, and still is, crap.

The answer isn't Jamar, nor is it Martin. It's Gawn, or Spencer.

Haha.. Hindsight? He was bad all last year as well, feel free to look up my posts from last year where I said as much. Martin is far better as a modern ruckman, he's just no good as a forward.

• Like 1

He was one of only three players on the ground that didn't take a mark. The other two were subs and played half a game between them.

I didn't like Mark "Doughnut" Jamar last year, but this year I'm dead sick of him. Bring in Spencer, Gawn, Fitzpatrick...ANYONE that at least wants to look like they're trying.

And he has had ONE effective kick for the YEAR!

What does it do to young players like Jake Spencer and Jack Watts to be sitting out as "emergencies"? They need to be playing to get their confidence and match experience whether it be at Casey or in the Seniors. How many chances does Jamar deserve?

Jake needs a chance to prove himself match ready.

Alternate Spencer and Gawn in ruck. Two big boys in the mid field/ forward have gotta help our chances.

Do it!

Jamar is useless.

Can't hitout to advantage,

Can't mark,

Can't kick,

Can't handball,

Can't Tackle,

Can't Shepherd,

Can't Run.

Name one thing he does competitively