Max Gawn and Dean Kent

dazzledavey36

Taggert played against Port Adelaide 5 weeks ago..............

Reckon you're right.

Think against non-aligned teams, there's a limit on AFL listed players - think Taggert was the one to miss out. Bail was originally in the 2s (WTF) but came into Casey 1s when Davis pulled out.

Need our own VFL team.

Stop being so confident in an organisation that could not fight its way out of a wet paper bag.

Exactly.

The club just has its head above water . looking at a loss this year. probaly around the 1mill mark. players will leave. frawleys, jones, hogan , viney, they arent going to to hang around . next year. more poor attendances. loss of sponsorship. probaly another 600grand loss. thats up to 1.6mill in debt and we havent even scratched the surface. that 5mill we wiped off the slate will be back before we know it. then what? another demon debt demolition? really? you call that a strong financial position? the club has no positive cash flow apart from members pockets. that is not sustainable.

Just watched the footage from the VFL game on the weekend and by jeez we need to get these guys into the team now! I thought maybe Gawn would need another solid week but apperently he had 20 disposal and led the team tackles! This is a 209cm ruckman by the way! you would never see those numbers on Mark 'Donut King' Jamars stats! but on the footage he looked agile and took a couple of strong pack marks and kicked a couple whiched i like! Gawny would surely have to come under seriouse consideration this weekend??

Kent look great too very quick and great left foot kick aswell! his break away pace leaves his opponent lagging behind struggling he has some seriouse talent this kid!

What have we got to lose start blooding these two i reckon :)

where did you see that? is it online or was it on tv?

I think quite a few have explained that he is being handled carefully after a back injury. They are not pushing him at the moment.

Ah I see. As you can see by my post count, I'm not an avid reader or poster so I must have missed those people's posts. So thanks for clearing that up.

20 disposals, 20 hitouts, 9 marks and 2 goals is a pretty good return if you ask me! also leading the team in tackles is rare for a ruck. Would be nice to see gawn get a call up but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have him given another game at vfl level to get some more fitness.

Kent deserves games at AFL level after his nab cup form and having 15 disposals and 7 inside 50's last week is a pretty good effort considering he was ill.

• Like 1

InSo can anyone explain to me what he's doing in the development league??

Played AFL seniors last year and did quite well, so surprises me too!

Bring in both Kent and Gawn.

Leave Tapscott in the VFL for another couple of weeks, he needs more confidence.

I'd drop Toumpas and Trengove, they need to get back to their old selves.

I don't know what we do with Watts.

And big Maxy Gawn, come on down, we need a ruckman and Sellar can't do it all.

Leave Tapscott in the VFL for another couple of weeks, he needs more confidence.

What before he played two AFL games

Kent has already shown a maturity beyond his years in the NAB and VFL and has mongrel factor. He won't be back-pedalling either.

He also has a bit of natural flair to his game. Four bounces and a goal from outside 50 lifts any team. Let's see some of it before he's neutralised.

Throw them to The Eagles.

Was no 76 for Casey Dean Kent?

cause he was involved in some very good passages of play. Loving his run.

Toumpas his old self? Mate he has played two games! But i agree he shouldnt be there - what other team would have two 18 year olds in their midfield?

Tappie kicked 6 - bring him back I say.

Watts could do with a holiday or some strong caffeine - one of the two.

Maxie hasnt probably done enough (one good game) but Jamar is way out of form at the moment. Sellar is a REAL worry for mine. if your a tall and you cant take a mark you prettymuch just clogging the list for mine. Probably unfair and I hope he can bounce back.

Dean Kent should have been in the side from round 1 - end of story. Clearly he and terlich are ahead of many which says a lot for mine.

Ok I was interested in your view.

I used to hold a similar one but I now think it is beyond this administration to produce.

In my view they have had five years for zero return.

At years end they should retire any thing less will result in a blood bath that will take even longer to recover from.

I fear for the very existence of my club

If by administration you mean the board then I hope you have an idea of people of wealth and business experience who are willing to spend 30 hours a week on their board duties and subject themselves to the brutal media scrutiny that will accompany any failings. I've been attending AGMs since 1988 and in terms of business experience this board is by far the best that he have had. I also don't think that your use of the term 'zero return' is a fair one. There have been demonstratable gains such as the elimination of debt, the move from the Junction Oval slums to AAMI Park, the consolidation of the Bentleigh Club into our accounts and a significantly increased footy department spend. The reality is that in footy terms Year 1 for us was 2012 because that was the first time in decades that we were anywhere near compettitive in terms of facilities AND footy spend.

There is hope footy wise. A forward line of Clark(200cms/103kg), Hogan (195cm/97kg) and Dawes (193cm/105kg) will test any defence. Having to man up on the mobile and athletic Clark and Hogan will pose a problem for most teams. Both are as comfortable in the midfield as they are in goal square, not many key defenders are. Add Maxy Gawn (208cm/111Kgs) resting forward from time to time and there will be no opposition that will not be stretched. Even bloody Dustin Fletcher would have to man up!

I apologise to those offended by a show of optimism!

• Like 11

And more on the the topic. I'd give Maxy at least 1 more game at Casey, preferably 2. His infectious nature will of itself be a boost when he comes in

Spencer for Jamar.

Pederson for Sellars

Mckenzie for Rodan

Evans, Tapscott, Kent amongst those in contention, plus some defensive run such as Strauss.

Oh and the other 'in' will hopefully be a more competiitive performance.

Edited by demoniac
  • Like 1

What before he played two AFL games

I don't care if he has played 2 games or 20 games, he has no confidence.

On top of this, he looks like he has no core - which becomes even more evident when you don't put in one percenters.

I am absolutely gob smacked the condition Toumpas is in compared to Viney.

The difference in strength is massive, Viney repeatedly goes for contest after contest and hits them hard, gets up, back into it.

Toumpas looks like he lacks strength at the moment, looks like he has no core and probably needs to play VFL for a while and work on his strength.

I am not saying Toumpas won't be a gun, he probably will be and has a lot of class, but he has no strength to get the ball on his own and lacks in a lot of areas atm.

Looks green and there are ready made players in the VFL, who are strong and could make more of a difference.

On top of this, he looks like he has no core - which becomes even more evident when you don't put in one percenters.

The difference in strength is massive, Viney repeatedly goes for contest after contest and hits them hard, gets up, back into it.

Toumpas looks like he lacks strength at the moment, looks like he has no core and probably needs to play VFL for a while and work on his strength.

I am not saying Toumpas won't be a gun, he probably will be and has a lot of class, but he has no strength to get the ball on his own and lacks in a lot of areas atm.

Looks green and there are ready made players in the VFL, who are strong and could make more of a difference.

His played two games and your shooting him down. How many 18 year olds do you see come out game 1 at Collingwood? geezz...

Comparing him to Viney is harsh. Viney is a bull who just gets low and moves in hard. Toumpas has shown some athleticism in his movement.

But I agree he needs to build strength. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets 25+ touches in a winning Casey team but can only get 10 in the AFL.

VFL or the sub this week for Toumpas. Replace him with Evans and/or Kent.

His played two games and your shooting him down. How many 18 year olds do you see come out game 1 at Collingwood? geezz...

I am shooting him down due to lack of conditioning and preparation, not saying the guy doesn't have a future.

It's only my opinion that he should go back to the VFL and work on his strength, core and gain a bit of a confidence in the process.

I am not saying the guy can't play and doesn't have a future, just that he doesn't look prepared enough for AFL football.

We have guys in the VFL who are more ready made and could make a bigger difference - when we need any difference at the moment.

That is only my opinion, I am not saying it's right or wrong, but I just call it as I see it.