AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE AFL - Patrick Smith

Range Rover

Hard to read for Demons fans. But read it we must.

"Delusional" Don and "Slippery" Schwab must go.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/disgraceful-dees-dont-deserve-their-place-in-afl/story-e6frfkp9-1226614459467'>Disgraceful Dees don't deserve their place in AFL

Edited by Range Rover
Please refrain from posting articles direct from the media. It's a breach of copyright and a breach of our COC, Final warning.
  • Like 1

Thats [censored] ,every team belongs in the AFL, i bet the gutless [censored] wouldnt shout that out at a bar, the guys a pea heart.

Edited by mjt
  • Like 3

To think that in the last 134 outings of our 32 wins 5 of them have come against fledgling sides GWS and GC. God - 27 real wins in 134 outings.......that is damning.

Lets wait and see how many more we can notch up to this impressive record this year!

Will be interesting to see what the AFL would do if we won ver few games this year. Would they provide a priority pick? We certainly deserve it on form! I guess it doesnt matter, we would stuff that pick up too probably!

It is hard to disagree with it.

As i said elsewhere after 7 years we are not AFL standard.

This club is unique. We grew out of a Ground not a suburb.

It must be run differently.

I mean even the Demon Shop is almost inaccesible.

We are still all over the place in terms of offices.

The MFC needs to be all in the one building including social club & merchandise.

Step one.

• Like 3

Media's responsibility is to scrutinise.

The club needs to know how people feel. Amplification is important in ensuring people know what the club is doing at all times: we need to put the club under the microscope so that it truly understands the extent of its issues.

The best way to avoid this is to do what you're paid to do. The club simply is not doing that.

I take pleasure in seeing the media stick the boot in, because it is payback for what we have to put up with in the stands on a weekly basis. We're not paid to be there. They are.

• Like 6

Media's responsibility is to scrutinise.

The club needs to know how people feel. Amplification is important in ensuring people know what the club is doing at all times: we need to put the club under the microscope so that it truly understands the extent of its issues.

The best way to avoid this is to do what you're paid to do. The club simply is not doing that.

I take pleasure in seeing the media stick the boot in, because it is payback for what we have to put up with in the stands on a weekly basis. We're not paid to be there. They are.

Spot On Cudi. I hope the Blowtorch stays on the club.

We need fundamental change this time. Not just some new faces.

Just another way of beating us up with no answers offered.

RR you are the personification of wilful negativity.

Read what Cudi wrote. We should be applauding these articles. Long overdue.

Close your eyes and wish it all to go away and see what happens.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

While I agree the beards should go for different reasons, he's drawing a long bow with that one.

Really? I think it is an even longer bow to try and disagree with what is written.

Our players do not want to be on the ground, and most certainly do not want to touch the ball.

Essendrug are united. Shemozzle is a good way to describe the MFC today.

Edited by why you little

Really? I think it is an even longer bow to try and disagree with what is written.

Our players do not want to be on the ground, and most certainly do not want to touch the ball.

Essendrug are united. Shemozzle is a good way to describe the MFC today.

Do you agree with everything Smith writes?

If so, you have my pity but in the meantime, I don't need you to tell me what to think.

• Like 1

I agree that the club, players and memberts should stick tight and see this difficult time through together. Only the strong can stick tight. The inability to stick tight in difficult times is what sees work teams fall apart and relationship breakdowns. All the clubs at some time or other have been 'easybeats' and got through it. Its just that we get a lot more media exposure now.

The reality is that our midfield at the moment is barely AFL standard. We should go all out for Daisy Thomas at year end. Also we do not have leaders in the mould of Nieta, Ox or Todd Viney. Leaders take some time to develop. Perhaps Jack Viney and Hogan can develop.

If so, you have my pity but in the meantime, I don't need you to tell me what to think.

So WJ why are we irrelevant in the AFL completion at present?

Why is he wrong?

Edited by old dee

The Dees are an integral part of the AFL we are part of the very fabric of the league, however years of mis-management and jobs for the boys have lead us to lose perspective. Schwab, Connolly, Lyon et al. have ensured that new developments in coaching, sport science and recruiting have been kept well clear of the MFC. Instead, Schwab and his psycho babble corporate jargon, whiteboard Wednesdays and persistent white anting of the previous coach has successfully fragmented the Dees. As CEO, Schwab's absence from any sort of media, except for one radio interview, is deplorable and highlights his unsuitability to fill any leadership role at our football club.

Connolly copped his whack following the tanking debarkle and should not be allowed back into the club.

Our recruiters need to answer for their poor decisions eg: Lucas Cook. How can a top ten draft pick be de-listed after two seasons without firing a shot?

Successive coaching staffs and their inability to develop our recruits is nothing short of disgraceful. A litany of recruits have slipped through our fingers either moving on to other clubs or disappearing into obscurity.

Our board, following the passing of Jim Stynes, have provided no leadership, the demonstrate very little passion or zeal for their role.It's time that we as Demon supporters get passionate and put our words into actions and do something to get the right people involved to ensure our future and to rectify the mess that we are current in.

The selection of the two Jacks as co-captains has stifled their development as players and may have log term effects on their football careers. Nathan Jones seems like a logical decision to take on the ultimate players' leadership role at our club.

Let's fix the club and stick it to the likes of Patrick Smith.

• Like 1

No i most certainly do not.

But todays article is Bang on.

Please point out the sections that are wrong, that i should disagree with.

No i most certainly do not.

But todays article is Bang on.

Please point out the sections that are wrong, that i should disagree with.

well for starters it is based on the assumption that the AFL has the power to exclude us from the competition .Where is that inherent power ? The worst that the AFL can do is to continue the highhanded and discriminatory conduct towards us until we do a Sth Sydney and take it on .

well for starters it is based on the assumption that the AFL has the power to exclude us from the competition .Where is that inherent power ? The worst that the AFL can do is to continue the highhanded and discriminatory conduct towards us until we do a Sth Sydney and take it on .

We cannot afford to be so bad and dysfunctional for another 20 weeks in the hope that it will just "come good" Too many players have run out the door for there not to be a stench inside.

GWS would have beaten us on Saturday night easily. Our jumper inspires no passion.

If Tom $cully gives the members the "Bird" in 2 weeks time during a 10 goal flogging then will our current admin walk?

The AFL do hold our licence so i suspect they have some power in dire straits.

Personally i think dire straits are upon us.

28.4 %