CASEY SCORPIONS v FRANKSTON

KC from Casey

and look to bring in an athletic high leaping, hard running/marking ruckman.

Well that should be easy.... plenty of them about. :wacko:

For me, Tapscott shouldn't come straight back in after one dominant performance in the twos after doing nothing in the firsts for two or three years. It's things like promoting a player on the back of one good game which breeds a bad culture of laziness and over confidence.

Depends why they have been sent back to the 2s. If to find touch, natural play and some enjoyment, then back in. If as punishment, then they have to wait.

Edited by Mono

Disagree based on what I saw today. Did you go Dockett?

Didn't go Lucifer, comment was based on what I saw of Jamar's form last year, last week and yesterday , Warren Deans comments today, your comments that Gawn is underdone at this point ( although would be happy to roll the dice but bet Misson wont) and the need to give the Spencil a chance to show us if he's value on the list or not. IMO reckon a change should be made to the ruck on the other hand you could leave Jamar in against the West Coast where we might get further confirmation if we really need it and what does it say to the rest of the playing group about the need to perform consistently to retain your spot?

Agree...

And Gawn comes in as he's still 7 feet tall, even though he'll run out of gas.

It's up to the coaching panel to manage his workload.

Endurance is not the only thing that is holding back Gawn from playing AFL

You can't just expect a player (especially a ruckmen) to play AFL after only 2 VFL matches in about as many years.

I think if he can string together some good games (another 2) then he will at least have confidence in himself (and his body).

Edited by Young Dee

I went down to to see the guys who are hungry to play.

Very impressive performance by casey and all our listed players were in the thick of it. The perplexing thing for me was how good the ball use was and the short precise passes quickly with instinct through the corridor !

Spencer and Gawn were excellent in the ruck and I love Gawns aggression in his second efforts, and he clunked a few nice grabs in the froward 50. Spencer's ability to move is an asset also he's got some real toe for a big fella.

Bail and Strauss were excellent .... Today I was reminded how good these guys can be by foot. Strauss in particular, took a little while to work his way in but he did and showed a lot of dash. Bail is super combative and demonstrates all the right attributes in my mind. Must have in the side going off the insipid use by foot and lack of run last night.

Clisby and evens were noticeable for there excellent run, carry and linking up. They looked super fast and not to bad by foot. I'd love to see guys like this get a gig and licence to have a crack at breaking lines and breach defensive presses. I'd be happy to see them try that.

Manger and couch were excellent and I honest can believe we don't have magner in the side as he's such a relentless hard at it type. Us being so deficient in that area it's a little staggering really.

Pederson looked much better in defensive 50 to be honest, he was strong and effective. He is actually not bad by foot to be honest. I'd like to see him play down back upon his return.

Jetta did some nice things on and off and his work rate was really good. I like jetta as he's doesn't leave you wondering if there's any more to give, very hard at it.

Dom Barry caught my eye a few times, looks quite classy as he glides across the turf would be great having him and blasé on both wings. Looks like a player but still pretty slender in my opinion.

Dean Kent knows how to find the footy and has a turn of pace I didn't know he had. He dashed through the midfield a couple of times and didn't get caught.

Tappscott played a Paul Chapman role today and was very very lively. 6 goals

Hogan need no comments .... We have a good one there. Hopefully we don't stuff his development.

All in all I was sitting there thinking to myself if our seconds deemed players can kick and move this well why the hell can't the firsts ,!!!! And a few on lookers who barracked for other AFL clubs I talked to we're staggered that our players looked so sharp and played with such confidence and I can only agree.

Another positive with these guys is they took no crap, Gawns and jetta had tussles with the opposition sticking up for there team mates who may have copped a late one. I love that and I think we are [censored] poor at simple acts like that ! Such an important thing to stick up for your team and not get walked all over.

All the players should have been there to watch this game. The casey side today would have put up a better front last night I have no doubt.

Mark Neeld was there but never ventured out on the balcony .... Stayed behind the glass. Boy does today's performance give home something to think about. I'd personally like them all to play as yesterday was the worse lose I've witnessed ..... I felt sick to my stomach.

Set an example mark if they don't work [censored] them off I want to see them try at least !

• Like 5

One more question KC. Would this side have beaten last nights side...

Melbourne is playing in a much higher standard competition and is doing so with no confidence at the moment. The Casey team played a stand alone team which has struggled near the bottom of the VFL ladder in recent years. The difference in pressure is enormous. From Melbourne's point of view, it was an opportunity for some of its players to gain/regain confidence and a few of them did that. I think a few could take that into the Melbourne game next week and you never know. A bit of that might be infectious and rub off on some of the regulars.

The good thing is that there were a few in the midfield who performed plus Tappy and Max and they're all the type who we need in the Melbourne team if its going to regain composure and credibility.

• Like 6

Not saure what you mean by that.

The guy is a very good footballer witha very good footy brain.

Sorry I meant that some seem to be forgetting that he has had serious leg trouble is it worth throwing him in the deep end.

I still look at Watts and think that maybe if we kept him back in VFL for a bit longer he may have been better for it (more aggressive/confident)

Edited by Young Dee

Those wanting Jamar out need to think about Dean COx and NicNat next week. That is one hard ruck duo to play against.

Nik Nat is out injured

• Like 1

Sorry I meant that some seem to be forgetting that he has had serious leg trouble is it worth throwing him in the deep end.

I still look at Watts and think that maybe if we kept him back in VFL for a bit longer he may have been better for it (more aggressive/confident)

I understand Young Dee (hope you're well, btw and really enjoying your Year 12)

But, Gawn is another tall and another option in the square....he won't have to do too much running.

Sellar needs to go back to allow Gillies to find some form at Casey.

All I can say is, thank god for the positive reports to come out of this game. Something to cling onto.

Acknowledging the drop in pressure and standard, Is this a reflection on Neeld? To excel as soon as they are off the leash and in a different environment?

I went down to to see the guys who are hungry to play.

Very impressive performance by casey and all our listed players were in the thick of it. The perplexing thing for me was how good the ball use was and the short precise passes quickly with instinct through the corridor !

Spencer and Gawn were excellent in the ruck and I love Gawns aggression in his second efforts, and he clunked a few nice grabs in the froward 50. Spencer's ability to move is an asset also he's got some real toe for a big fella.

Bail and Strauss were excellent .... Today I was reminded how good these guys can be by foot. Strauss in particular, took a little while to work his way in but he did and showed a lot of dash. Bail is super combative and demonstrates all the right attributes in my mind. Must have in the side going off the insipid use by foot and lack of run last night.

Clisby and evens were noticeable for there excellent run, carry and linking up. They looked super fast and not to bad by foot. I'd love to see guys like this get a gig and licence to have a crack at breaking lines and breach defensive presses. I'd be happy to see them try that.

Manger and couch were excellent and I honest can believe we don't have magner in the side as he's such a relentless hard at it type. Us being so deficient in that area it's a little staggering really.

Pederson looked much better in defensive 50 to be honest, he was strong and effective. He is actually not bad by foot to be honest. I'd like to see him play down back upon his return.

Jetta did some nice things on and off and his work rate was really good. I like jetta as he's doesn't leave you wondering if there's any more to give, very hard at it.

Dom Barry caught my eye a few times, looks quite classy as he glides across the turf would be great having him and blasé on both wings. Looks like a player but still pretty slender in my opinion.

Dean Kent knows how to find the footy and has a turn of pace I didn't know he had. He dashed through the midfield a couple of times and didn't get caught.

Tappscott played a Paul Chapman role today and was very very lively. 6 goals

Hogan need no comments .... We have a good one there. Hopefully we don't stuff his development.

All in all I was sitting there thinking to myself if our seconds deemed players can kick and move this well why the hell can't the firsts ,!!!! And a few on lookers who barracked for other AFL clubs I talked to we're staggered that our players looked so sharp and played with such confidence and I can only agree.

Another positive with these guys is they took no crap, Gawns and jetta had tussles with the opposition sticking up for there team mates who may have copped a late one. I love that and I think we are [censored] poor at simple acts like that ! Such an important thing to stick up for your team and not get walked all over.

All the players should have been there to watch this game. The casey side today would have put up a better front last night I have no doubt.

Mark Neeld was there but never ventured out on the balcony .... Stayed behind the glass. Boy does today's performance give home something to think about. I'd personally like them all to play as yesterday was the worse lose I've witnessed ..... I felt sick to my stomach.

Set an example mark if they don't work [censored] them off I want to see them try at least !

Magner is a rookie he can't play 1's unless upgraded to main list via Long Term Injury to another player or be upgraded at mid-season.

Most of the players that played well today have also played in the only win of 2013 for melbourne in the preseason and funny enough on that day our pressure and ball movement was the best that any mfc senior team has produced this year. We play the talented underperforming players, maybe we start playing the guys that are coachable and want to play for the mfc.

• Like 1

No he's not. He's aggro got a bit of grunt and he's a lot bigger than 198cm. Completely different picture and sounds like he's EARNED a call up.

I would say he is a must against the weagles talls. The bigger frame alone in the middle presents a different look for them match up wise. Jamar is unfortunately Gawn. Gawn in 2 or 3 weeks once he's got some sort of tank back provided he he's coming into some form as well. Match hardened is the only way from here. No point picking under done returners from long term injuries with little mileage under their belt like Trengove yesterday.

Does anyone know if ABC still televises Saturday games and if so is next weeks game on tv?

Yes they do. No idea which game is next Saturday. Yesterday Today was the filth and Ballarat? I think.

Edited by Mono

Yes they do. No idea which game is next Saturday. Yesterday Today was the filth and Ballarat? I think.

Cheers

just found the next 2 weeks.........bummer

Saturday April 13 - Williamstown vs Coburg

Saturday April 20 - Geelong vs Box Hill Hawks

I've seen enough of Gillies and don't want him in a Demon jumper again,if we could get him onto the Long Term Injury list somehow and elevate Magner,that's what we need right now,another big body in the guts to help Jones.

Our midfield is our no. 1 priority right now and Magner rots away in the VFL,only at Melbourne!