• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Saturday, 30th March, 2013

Dees2014

Seriously if any player is still sooking because Bailey was sacked and Schwab was not I will personally get off the train at Richmond instead of Parliament tomorrow morning, walk into AAMI Park and assist that player in packing up his locker and I will also hold the door for them.

• Like 1

Seriously if any player is still sooking because Bailey was sacked and Schwab was not I will personally get off the train at Richmond instead of Parliament tomorrow morning, walk into AAMI Park and assist that player in packing up his locker and I will also hold the door for them.

Hopefully in your Demons gear

HG think again. As much as I would like the inside oil on the club, you need to show some maturity.

It seems you have been in a position of trust. That comes with responsibility.

You do not, if you are a person of honour and integrity, assume a POT and then, when things do not work out to your liking drop the boom on those who have entrusted you with a privileged position.

In short, grow up.

• Like 1

Well that rant shows your character, bet your brother will be happy!!

Colin will be most pleased to be splashed all over the sports sections of the newspapers and every 2 bit footy show on the telly and SEN and 3AW..."Dees Star's Brother Slams CEO and Coach', 'Dees Star's Brother Calls CEO 'A Cancer''....

HG thanks for you input. It is obvious the club is still divided over Bailey's sacking and the manner in which Neeld has come in has only opened up old sores.

Did you read Colin Garland's own comments a few weeks ago. At the start of the 2012 pre season the players were embarrassed by their fitness levels when Neeld, Craig, Misson compared their numbers to the ones they were used to seeing at Collingwood, Adelaide and St Kilda.

The players need to build a bridge like most mature workers would and get on with it.

• Like 1

HG think again. As much as I would like the inside oil on the club, you need to show some maturity.

It seems you have been in a position of trust. That comes with responsibility.

You do not, if you are a person of honour and integrity, assume a POT and then, when things do not work out to your liking drop the boom on those who have entrusted you with a privileged position.

In short, grow up.

Here you go again. Been waiting for me to bob up so you can have another personal attack.

I think I'm switched on enough to know what I can and can't write re the club.

How about you do yourself a favour and grow up simpleton. You have no idea what I'm even going to say let alone what my position in the club was, trust never came into it. It has nothing to do with things not working out to my liking and dropping a bombshell, it has more to do with the fact I've done everything I possibly could for this club, in my own time, now it's time to be involved with family. You would have to be one of the dumbest posters on this site. Ask yourself, have you exhausted all of your spare time to the club...

Edited by Hells Gates
  • Like 13

Hi all.

As of today I have finished with the club on an employment/voluntary basis, due to many areas that I don't agree with at the club, and some stupid responses from the club and Don. I have my own life to live.

Next week I will be writing a bit of tell all story on this forum as I won't be attached to the club anymore. That post will be my final post on demonland as I will more than likely get banned. It's frustrating at times reading what's on here and so many of you are around the ball park and not exactly wrong no matter which side of the ledger you choose.

I hate coming on her to see my brother (Col Garland) continually getting slagged on, it was only a couple of years ago he and Chip were looking at being a back line to build around, what's changed??? Whilst he may spray the occasional kick he rarely gets beaten one on one.

As for Sunday. It was a terrible, terrible day. All I can say is, in my eyes, Neeld doesn't seem to be cut out to be a senior coach, however that's my view. He's had 18 months, two pre seasons, two nab cups, new list and about 24 games to prove he can coach, to me, he hasn't. Only one lucky respectable win v Ess last year where Ess booted 6.16.

As for Schwab, you all will be told some home truths next week about what happened before 186..... He should not still be at the club.

But where we're at now is, we have a CEO that is cancer to the club and a coach who can't coach on game day. Yet it would be idiocy to make any rash decisions before years end. That's where we are at, buckle up.

Anyway, bad day, now not involved in the club I love. Take care

Firstly its sad you have to leave the club. I bet you love footy just like us.

Secondly sorry I've paid out on your bro. However you know and understand the context at the footy club more than we do so you probably hate them more than us! Unless I'm calling a player flat right lazy most of the time I'm attacking whats happened to them in the context of how they are coached.

Thirdly with regards to your tell all I'd say don't get yourself in legal trouble and don't get Col in trouble but besides from that if you are a true fan for the club you may as well stand up for what you believe in and if you feel that it should be out in the open then it makes sense to me. Or PM me all the juicy bits!

Edited by the master

Sometimes the truth can be painful demoniac.

Perhaps you should be a little more circumspect in the future

Here you go again. Been waiting for me to bob up so you can have another personal attack.I think I'm switched on enough to know what I can and can't write re the club.How about you do yourself a favour and grow up simpleton.

Gday HG

Do you think players are playing the game mentally at training like what Mick Malthouse said and then theyr mentally drainedby the time the first bounce happens?

• Like 1

Garland has taken to playing like Cam Bruce. No spirit or fight or courage in his game. He hospital handballs and kicks sideways and doesn't defend well anyway.

Unless I'm calling a player flat right lazy most of the time I'm attacking whats happened to them in the context of how they are coached.

Colin will be most pleased to be splashed all over the sports sections of the newspapers and every 2 bit footy show on the telly and SEN and 3AW..."Dees Star's Brother Slams CEO and Coach', 'Dees Star's Brother Calls CEO 'A Cancer''....

Just stupid....

• Like 1

I for one want to know whats happening inside the inner sanctum. This club has been too exclusive for too long and whilst I know that the truth might be unpalatable I still want hear it. It's time this festering sore was lanced. Please take care with what you right HG and cover your own arse as well as Col's.

Edited by Outside fifty
  • Like 4

I for one want to know whats happening inside the inner sanctum. This club has been too exclusive for too long and whilst I know that the truth might be unpalatable I still want hear it. It's time this festering sore was lanced. Please take care with what you right HG and cover your own arse as well as Col's.

I, too, would welcome any information as to the club's current woes, and I'm sure HG will be tempered in his comments, and not implicate anyone, as per his usual posting style.

This forum will be the worse for your leaving, Hells Gates.

• Like 1

This sort of stuff really is [censored]. For those who say it starts and stops with the playing and coaching group, you are delusional. Anybody who has worked for a company with a cancerous culture, poor management etc, knows full well how that will impact on every little part of that business. Unfortunately, it seems the MFC falls into this category.

Has anyone got the balls to be honest and reveal the truth.

Honesty hurts, but it is a sure fire way to get things going again.

There is fire and passion in raw honesty.

BRING IT ON HG! the [censored] is killing me.

Live and let live, live and let die.

We still have our jumper, we still have our home and we still have our song. Everything else can be replaced.

• Like 5

Here you go again. Been waiting for me to bob up so you can have another personal attack.

I think I'm switched on enough to know what I can and can't write re the club.

How about you do yourself a favour and grow up simpleton. You have no idea what I'm even going to say let alone what my position in the club was, trust never came into it. It has nothing to do with things not working out to my liking and dropping a bombshell, it has more to do with the fact I've done everything I possibly could for this club, in my own time, now it's time to be involved with family. You would have to be one of the dumbest posters on this site. Ask yourself, have you exhausted all of your spare time to the club...

You really are a self important one, aren,t you?

You don't even know what a personal attack is.

Reread my message to you without prejudice and you, even you, will see there is nothing of a PERSONAL nature there.

It is a statement of principle.

And yes, I have done my pro bono work for the club, for years.

And what is your response? You call me a simpleton and then complain about a personal attack.

Tell ya what: tell your story. I reckon we know what it's worth already.

This sort of stuff really is [censored]. For those who say it starts and stops with the playing and coaching group, you are delusional. Anybody who has worked for a company with a cancerous culture, poor management etc, knows full well how that will impact on every little part of that business. Unfortunately, it seems the MFC falls into this category.

Or maybe some hard and necessary decisions were made which led to Bailey's sacking and players and others who like Bailey have not got over it.

Well that rant shows your character, bet your brother will be happy!!

and your continually apologist attitude makes me think your happy with our round 1 performance.