PRACTICE MATCH: CASEY SCORPIONS v PORT MELBOURNE

Whispering_Jack

I'm really hoping Rory Taggert can show something this weekend. I've been spruiking him as one to watch and for once I'd like to get one right! ( see Cale Morton and Lucas Never Played a Game Cook)

Very good RtG.

Glad to see you have not lost your sense of humour

• Like 1

Now that Liam Jurrah has been acquitted, he's expressed the desire to return to play in the AFL in 2014 - Not guilty and Jurrah dreams of return to AFL. The article says that ... "The earliest he could get back into the AFL system is 2014 and he would need to be picked in the national or pre-season drafts for that to happen. The most likely path is to join a state league club and play well enough to demand attention in the draft."

Liam has lots of issues in SA where all he's had has been heartbreak but he thrived for most of the time he was at Melbourne and mentored by RudeBoy. Would the club welcome him and encourage an association between Jurrah and Casey or would it treat him like Fev a couple of years back?

• Like 1

Now that Liam Jurrah has been acquitted, he's expressed the desire to return to play in the AFL in 2014 - Not guilty and Jurrah dreams of return to AFL. The article says that ... "The earliest he could get back into the AFL system is 2014 and he would need to be picked in the national or pre-season drafts for that to happen. The most likely path is to join a state league club and play well enough to demand attention in the draft."

Liam has lots of issues in SA where all he's had has been heartbreak but he thrived for most of the time he was at Melbourne and mentored by RudeBoy. Would the club welcome him and encourage an association between Jurrah and Casey or would it treat him like Fev a couple of years back?

I was wondering how long it would take. Liam Jurrah is welcome at the MFC, but he surely won't play for us again.

Thank you so much. We are driving. Missus just has to get her eyebrows waxed (snore) and then we are on our way!?! I'll be the one carrying a footy looking like a kid on Christmas.

So good to have footy back

So good to go and see the boys so close

Being on Port Adelaide nothing can stop us

• Like 2

Josh, I'm not so sure Viney will have an immediate impact. So mark him down as having an immediate impact.

I'm not so sure either. I was 6 months ago it I'm happy for him to take his time

It's a good question and a nice thought but fairy stories rarely come true. Apart from the fact that Liam has other issues that he needs to deal with before he can even dream of making a comeback, he would have to relocate back here and convince both Melbourne and Casey that he wouldn't become a distraction here among guys who have put in a full and heavy pre season of training. Then there's the fact that Casey is not exactly flushed with funds after nearly folding over that failed porkies venture.

As much as I'd like to see the club continue helping him as it should with all former players who need assistance in tough times, a reunion now would not be good for a range of reasons. I agree that he needs to get out of that environment in SA and back to footy which he's good at so perhaps Eddie can accommodate him in the Collingwood VFL side for this year? I'm being serious.

It's a nice idea but I just can't see it happening. I don't believe Neeld would have him back after everything that went down. Guilty or not he put himself in that position.

If he does get back to AFL level (and I genuinely hope he does) I hope Demon fans won't hold a grudge and give him a hard time.

ill be at the game today but wont be able to give you a running update. Ill give you a detailed update when I get home. I'll take the camera and hopefully get a good snap of Mitch kicking his 5h, Viney having his 30th possy and Trenners running people down from behind.

• Like 1

I think the bridge has been burned, removed and the new one is going up. Romantically it would be great, practically, it is probably an emphatic no.

Nice sentiment & I hope Liam can make a comeback, but the best way to change past behaviours is to keep your support network but move all else & start afresh, IMO...

Casey Scorpions Development League squad:

Casey Scorpions Development League Team Sheet:

2. Nathan Allen, 9. Darcy Irwin, 15. Bryce Rutherford, 16. Jordon Roberts, 17. Tom Long, 18. Jackson Anderson, 19. Luke Bull, 20. Tom Fusinato, 22. Matthew Rosier, 24. James McFarlane, 25. Andy Godfrey, 30. Luke Hill, 33. Aiden Lindsay, 34. Brendon Neville, 35. Mike McPhee, 36. Dylan Troutman, 37. David Blackie, 39, Daniel Jackson, 41. Nick Lang, 43. Pat Rosier, 44. Lachie Meadows, 45. Sam Waters

Final score Port Melbourne 12.10.82 defeated Casey Scorpions 10.13.73

Nagy

Looking at today's team list, Dom Barry, Tom McDonald, Nathan Stark, James Strauss and Josh Tynan are out (which still leaves 9 Demons) but stay tuned because the game doesn't start for half an hour yet.

Two former Demons Daniel Hughes and Shane Valenti playing for Port Melbourne. Peter "Crackers" Keenan also with the Port Melbourne group - looks like an assistant coach. Boy, has he been in a good paddock lately?

Casey Scorpions Team Senior squad:

1. Kyle Matthews, 3.Luke Tynan, 4. Ben Hughes, 5. Jordon Pollard, 6. Daniel Nicholls, 10. Mitch Gent, 12. Brenton Hillard, 13. Dave DeAurago 14. Evan Panozza, 21. Michael Boland, 27. Nathan Page, 28. Jake Best, 29. Sean Corrigan, 40. Tim Smith, 46. Jack Trengove, 49, Jack Fitzpatrick, 55. Jack Viney, 59. Mitch Clark, 63. Sam Blease, 70. Mitch Clisby, 71. Dean Kent, 73. Rory Taggert, 80. Jordie McKenzie