Dees shopping for another Sponsor

beelzebub

On page 70 ( or thereabouts ) of todays wonderful Herald sun is an ad from the club seeking sponsors.

I have no doubt some of you naysayers will deride this as amateurish , psuedo desperate or being of some other failing.

I say...why not. who knows what may come of it.

In the big bad world some folk are head-hunted and some sought through announcement. Its all horses for courses.

Lets hope something comes of it. i suspect we're still short ( npi ) a sponsor for our trews !!

deesad.jpg

Sack CS I say!!!!

but its Watts' fault surely :unsure:

• Like 5

I would hope and expect we received a discount from our sponsor (Herald Sun) on that ad.

would have thought it gratis actually..

would have thought it gratis actually..

It may depend on how prominently we display the HS logo at our games this year.

I'm sure there are many clauses to a sponsorship contract that I could not even begin to imagine. Maybe the players will throw copies of the HS to the crowd after a win. :)

It may depend on how prominently we display the HS logo at our games this year.

I'm sure there are many clauses to a sponsorship contract that I could not even begin to imagine. Maybe the players will throw copies of the HS to the crowd after a win. :)

call it good will :)

The problem is that link on the banner doesn't work, I saw it too and thought I'd check.

it wasnt working earlier but is now ( for me at least )

If this helps with a getting another sponsor then why not, you have to think outside he square and sometimes it's better to get them to come to you than running after shadows.

Well I see nothing wrong with it. The AFL put an ad in the Age not long ago for the COO position vacated by Adrian Anderson.

It asked that the applicant must finish investigations you start concerning integrity, must not play when the boss is away, otherwise you could be shafted and end up as integrity officer of Cricket Australia as an example.

• Like 1

Yep, business to business advertising in public papers, always been a totally amateur, incompetent thing... wait.. what?

Wouldn't the very definition of 'amateurish' describe an organisation that for the sake of misplaced sense of 'what a club ought to do' didn't use every available means to seek out market share and opportunity?

Note that this does not declare any note of desperation, or even specifically mention a major sponsor request. In fact, it has our two existing major sponsors on the ad.

What it does do is say 'here is the contact point' for all businesses that may be looking for a sponsorship arrangement. Particularly accessible for small and medium enterprises that don't have a dedicated sponsorships and promotion unit.

If the response on that add is to gain one extra second or even third tier sponsor, it is a positive return, and I'd imagine it would also start a few conversations with people who may end up just being funnelled into the MFC business networking events, which is also a nice benefit and may lead to further sponsorships in future.

But what am I saying, as a professional organisation, we really ought to be relying on hearsay, word of mouth and cold-calling to secure our sponsorship suite . Of course.

• Like 7

Yep, business to business advertising in public papers, always been a totally amateur, incompetent thing... wait.. what?

Wouldn't the very definition of 'amateurish' describe an organisation that for the sake of misplaced sense of 'what a club ought to do' didn't use every available means to seek out market share and opportunity?

Note that this does not declare any note of desperation, or even specifically mention a major sponsor request. In fact, it has our two existing major sponsors on the ad.

What it does do is say 'here is the contact point' for all businesses that may be looking for a sponsorship arrangement. Particularly accessible for small and medium enterprises that don't have a dedicated sponsorships and promotion unit.

If the response on that add is to gain one extra second or even third tier sponsor, it is a positive return, and I'd imagine it would also start a few conversations with people who may end up just being funnelled into the MFC business networking events, which is also a nice benefit and may lead to further sponsorships in future.

But what am I saying, as a professional organisation, we really ought to be relying on hearsay, word of mouth and cold-calling to secure our sponsorship suite . Of course.

No we should be relying on Cam Schwab and his understudies finding us the required level of appropriate sponsor, that's the light weights job after all.

Or do we rely on page 70 of the Herald Sun. I'm sure that's a big drawcard for potential sponsors.

No we should be relying on Cam Schwab and his understudies finding us the required level of appropriate sponsor, that's the light weights job after all.

Or do we rely on page 70 of the Herald Sun. I'm sure that's a big drawcard for potential sponsors.

Yeah we're not trying any other way at all, if this fails we just give up, we've put everything on this finding another sponsor; the guys are sitting in the office manning the phones.

Do you reckon they might still be out there knocking on doors, just maybe?

Yeah we're not trying any other way at all, if this fails we just give up, we've put everything on this finding another sponsor; the guys are sitting in the office manning the phones.

with the current strike rate of finding quality long term sponsors they probably are doing just that.

Honestly, who knows? I remember we were continually fed the line that the footy club was looking for sponsorship with a Chinese connection, yet low and behold, when the EnergyWatch fiasco blew up in our face, only then did one CS reveal that we had absolutely nothing on the line.

Our recent success of attracting sponsors through our own means is rather poor. First we had Hankook with De La Rue, a long-time member, then came kaspersky which was brought about by a supporter telling his boss, we finally look to shake the hold with EnergyWatch (too good to be true), our final major sponsors webjet and opel, come on-board out of sympathy because of the situation we found ourselves in (and no doubt at a discounted rate).

Times are tough yes, but the likes of the filth would never need to look, because they have potential sponsors lining up (even Port Adelaide can nab one).

Why do we always find ourselves in the same position?

The club is damned if they do and damned if they dont!

If we get to round 1 and dont have a full sponsor list the masses will cry 'we should have done more to find sponsors'.

What we see here is the club get on the front foot and advertise in a popular news paper and the hordes cry 'Schwab is a joke, cant he find sponsors without needing to advertise'

• Like 4