Family Day

dazzledavey36

I went with my granddaughter. Very hot and crowded which was good. [censored] that the carousel was closed as that is her favourite. Spoke to a few of the boys, all looking forward to the season.

Hogan is a big unit and could get bigger.

Wife and 2 boys went, and we had a really good time. My reflections:

My boys owe me 1 month of good behaviour for going on those rides.

Max Gawn really is huge. Robbo said he was now 110kgs

This was not the Pies, Bulldogs or Tiges day - most of the women were stunning.

It was a really relaxed free kind of morning.

Wanted to take wife and kids on ghost train but it was closed - bummer that!

We got to sing the club song but it was the most passionless, flat uninspired rendition you have ever heard.

The coffee lady was slower than a Collingwood supporter on the way to the dentist.

I hope I win the shoes.

Didn't win the raffle - never do, never will

Enjoyed the morning immensely - it was our first time there.

• Like 5

Wife and 2 boys went, and we had a really good time. My reflections:

My boys owe me 1 month of good behaviour for going on those rides.

Max Gawn really is huge. Robbo said he was now 110kgs

This was not the Pies, Bulldogs or Tiges day - most of the women were stunning.

It was a really relaxed free kind of morning.

Wanted to take wife and kids on ghost train but it was closed - bummer that!

We got to sing the club song but it was the most passionless, flat uninspired rendition you have ever heard.

The coffee lady was slower than a Collingwood supporter on the way to the dentist.

I hope I win the shoes.

Didn't win the raffle - never do, never will

Enjoyed the morning immensely - it was our first time there.

Yep I wanted that signed jumper and winning raffles is not my thing. I have never won. Spot on about the song. It was pretty flat but Rodan seemed to love it. They may have to rethink the family day in terms of numbers as I can see Luna park getting over crowded quickly in the next couple of years. All the talk was Hogan and nothing else. Everyone is just gob smacked by this kid. The day for me is about the kids and as long as they enjoyed it i'm happy.

post-7179-0-56894000-1361589042_thumb.jp

great morning.

Signed up the kids. Girl 15/Boy 4

Met the lads and they were great .

Even got a photo with Schwabby !!!.( who has a bad tatt.)

Must have parked next to Maldonboy unless there was someone else there with Maldon Plates?

Saw WJ sniffing around looking for a story .

My boy got his first Jumper and got it signed all over the back.

I got Jack Viney to sign across the Chest .

he Still will not remove the Jumper.

Sung the song ,bought the jumper ,did the forms.

Indoctrination complete.post-7179-0-56894000-1361589042_thumb.jp

• Like 8

Went to the games last night with three of the grandkids who were tired at the end and retained their enthusiasm for the team and the colours despite the result.

This morning oldest granddaughter went to netball (win), oldest grandson to basketball (loss) and then it was off to Luna Park to be with genuine Melbourne people who were mainly interested in the players and the footy team going forward.

The presentation was the highlight for the kids apart from a couple of scary rides although it's really time that Robbo was told that our captain's name is not Trengrove. The two players missing from the presentation were Sam Blease (sprained ankle) and James Frawley (cut head). Although nobody expressed any official concern, I would suggest that neither will be figuring in the next couple of NAB Cup games.

Robbo finished off by inviting supporters to our next event - NAB Cup 2 v Port Adelaide at Renmark. I don't think there will be many takers.

• Like 1

Great day as usual down at Luna Park. The kids loved it. The players were in good form - signing autographs, chatting to fans, kissing babies and smiling for cameras. Great team effort I thought - they all worked really hard in the clinches. Best on ground would go to young Jack Viney who beamed a big believable smile without fail for every camera pointed in his direction and conversed enthusiastically with every approaching fan (and there were plenty). The highest number of possessions would go to Jack Watts who had a line about a mile long waiting for his autograph. I think he was signing for the whole 2 hours. Don't be surprised if he's in the rehab group this week with a bandaged hand.

On a negative note - the scenic railway was closed this year (C'mon. Luna Park without the scenic railway? Why not just get rid of the sauce at the pie stand as well.)

On a positive note - the summer ride attraction of the "Power Surge" had been removed. Last time I went on that ride it was more like the "Sour Purge" than the "Power Surge" or at least that's how I felt afterwards. Also, this year there was no accidental double entendre style conversations about riding the Big Dipper.

Many thanks MFC - t'was a great morning.
  • Like 3

Good day at he club. Little Junior got around 28 signatures and was very happy.

Tappy is one big unit.
Jack Watt's beard is woeful.

Joel Mac is a lot bigger than I thought.\The two Captains were great with the fans

Jamar said he was a bit sore from the hitout

Mitch is itching to get back but is unlikely to be ready for Rd 1

Rodan is a happy unit.

Byrnes seemed pretty content and was chatty.

Sylvia was swanning around like a superstar. Was very obliging with the autographs but I always get the impression he loves the trappings of being an AFL player

Bail is disappointed to be held back with concussion. Asked him to count the fingers I was holding up and he said it was the 50th time today....

Great event from the club. It works well there.

I went along for the first time. Got lots of autographs for the kids. Jack watts said that blease was getting scans today. He seemed less confident than a few others seem to be. Had a chat to Tom couch. What a nice guy. Got to have a chat with tooooooouuuuumpas also. I asked him why Morris gave him a shove as he was coming off the ground last night. He said he had no idea but it hurt a bit........ah. No one had a clue why vickery lost his bundle at the end of the game. All in all a good time had. Used the nephew as a guise for getting some autographs for myself

Your boys a cutie, Biffen.

I remember the halcyon days when the boys were little - Jeff White lifted them both up for a Polaroid.

Now, they're both beautiful citizens, both ensconced at uni. One loves his Dees (Watts is his favourite player) the other bloke's all cafes and nightclubs and hates footy.

• Like 1

Your boys a cutie, Biffen.

I remember the halcyon days when the boys were little - Jeff White lifted them both up for a Polaroid.

Now, they're both beautiful citizens, both ensconced at uni. One loves his Dees (Watts is his favourite player) the other bloke's all cafes and nightclubs and hates footy.

Thanks Jumbo.

Glad your boys got into Uni.

At least writing a will should be easy for you.

The Good Son is the only sensible choice!

Notwithstanding that JW is his favourite player!

Jack Watts 2013 is tough and bearded.

Couldn't get near him today for the crowd of beautiful young girls wanting to sit on his lap!

Family day is right!

attachicon.gifIMG_1789.jpg

great morning.

Must have parked next to Maldonboy unless there was someone else there with Maldon Plates?

Indoctrination complete.attachicon.gifIMG_1789.jpg

hey biffo, who's the ugly bastard standing behind you?

hey biffo, who's the ugly bastard standing behind you?

That was Caro in a beard and Melbourne clobber, looking for a scoop.

The only scoop I could give was the one I use to clean up after the dog.

• Like 2

That was Caro in a beard and Melbourne clobber, looking for a scoop.

The only scoop I could give was the one I use to clean up after the dog.

bloody sneaky media.....stoop to anything for a story

did you tell her to try sniffing around princes park and punt road?

bloody sneaky media.....stoop to anything for a story

did you tell her to try sniffing around princes park and punt road?

Thats where she gets all her info from.

We knew it was her when she began trying to push Scwabby out of the Pirate ship.

They've renamed the entrance at Luna Park

It's now called"The Brock Mclean opening"

• Like 2

I went with family to and had a my 11mth old niece in her little melbourne jumper on with 31 on the back for Grimsey. he was rapt to see his number on her back and was asking me about her. It was good how the leadership group was set up in a room. Made it easier to get there autographs. Neeldy had a bit of a laugh when this little baby was sat in front of him so her jumper could be signed.

My brother was rapt because his hero Robbie was there. He got a photo with him and his daughter. It was also nice to see Ron Barrassi there to. It was funny how the little kids went to the leadership table and all the older supporters gravitated to the table to meet Robbie and Ron. But they were both up for a great chat.

But it was well organised and had a great day. Poor Jimmy Toumpas when Robbo forgot to call him out because someone forgot to put him on the sheet.

Thought Neeldy might have come up to but I know Robbo did speak to him on stage at some point int he morning.

Jack Viney seems a nice boy and Hogan is big when you walk past him.

Song was a bit flat but its a bit chessy when they do it like that. But I also think people were pretty hot standing in the sun.

attachicon.gifIMG_1789.jpg

great morning.

Indoctrination complete.attachicon.gifIMG_1789.jpg

I was there, Biffen but I do not have Maldon plates. I hope there is another Dees family from Maldon because growing up I was one out. My eldest son got a photo taken with Max Gawn - he is a genuine gentle giant. Seemed to be having a ball.

• Like 1