The tragic downfall of Liam Jurrah

Whispering_Jack

Its great hes getting support, but he will throw back in there faces, just like he did to the MFC.

Move on with your life, you'll feel much better for it rather than playing the gilted ex girlfriend every time his name is mentioned.

• Like 6

I wish LJ, his community and mentors all the best. Too many people trying to sit in judgement when they don't know the facts.

• Like 6

BHM is a snake. Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

All the best for Jurrah.

I think that's over the top, however I too never warmed to Rudeboy, even though plenty here fawned to his every utterance. He seemed a little simple to me.

I think that's over the top, however I too never warmed to Rudeboy, even though plenty here fawned to his every utterance. He seemed a little simple to me.

Well over the top but I disagree with your assessment of Rudeboy who is anything but simple. I believe he lectures at Deakin University and, despite the unfortunate turn of events for the subject, he actually wrote a damned good book on Liam's rise from a desert life in the outback to an AFL footballer. That he continues to show loyalty and support for a friend is something that should be lauded even though many people in society today don't even know the meaning of the word "loyalty".

• Like 2

I question if anything positive or otherwise that gets reported in the media is really helpful for Liam. We have been hearing about all the good things others are doing for him for several years now but he seems to regress further and now almost to the point of no return.

Been a lot on name dropping going around and knights in shining armour coming to the rescue. There is something goulish in all of this. He has turned into the proverbial cliche loser for the media and the public to feast on. And he appears to be a willing participant in this circus. Better if those that supposedly care and influence him and share in the publicity just tell him to disappear from public view for his sake. Better to help him in peace and quiet.

Well over the top but I disagree with your assessment of Rudeboy who is anything but simple. I believe he lectures at Deakin University and, despite the unfortunate turn of events for the subject, he actually wrote a damned good book on Liam's rise from a desert life in the outback to an AFL footballer. That he continues to show loyalty and support for a friend is something that should be lauded even though many people in society today don't even know the meaning of the word "loyalty".

i'm not going to get involved with a discussion on Rudeboy, I don't know him so I have no idea what he's like but I have to laugh at the suggestion that just because someone lectures at Deakin Uni makes them anything special. I know you didn't mean it like that (at least I hope so) but that's how it came across.

... even though many people in society today don't even know the meaning of the word "loyalty".

A certain Liam Jurrah came to mind when I read that.

Still waiting on that 'thank you'. Maybe it'll come in the next riveting instalment of Rudeboy's seminal classic on his life.

My god, some people really need to have an attitude adjustment. There's more important things than footy and Liams's well being is one of them.

How a positive article could become a touchstone for angst and down right stupidity beggars belief. But as they say in the hip hop world there's always haters.

Waiting for a thankyou (like RR deserves a personal card!), screw him, stuff him, throw it back in his face? Pathetic.

Instructive that such glaring lack of empathy is displayed on Australia day. Instructive in that half the problem about Australia is too many people who wouldn't know compassion and empathy if it bit them on the nose.

Boss Hog and mjt you have joined my small but select group of posters who i have ignored as they are a complete waste of time and energy. Good bye and good riddance.

By the by Ben i am taking you off ignore because you don't deserve to be included with such a moronic bunch (and you were right i often snuck a peak - which i can guarantee i wont be doing with the others)

Edited by binman
  • Like 1

Guest Boss hog

I'v been a mad dees supporter for 38 years .its ur soft side that brings this club down we gave him everything he walks out try's to join another club six months later he couldn't give a rats about you and I and our club

• Like 1

Range Rover, on 26 Jan 2013 - 08:41, said:

A certain Liam Jurrah came to mind when I read that.

Still waiting on that 'thank you'. Maybe it'll come in the next riveting instalment of Rudeboy's seminal classic on his life.

Don't hold your breath waiting for any thank you.

I question the quantity and quality of the support and mentoring given to Jurrah since his departure from the MFC. Hardly seems to be on the right track.

My god, some people really need to have an attitude adjustment. There's more important things than footy and Liams's well being is one of them.

How a positive article could become a touchstone for angst and down right stupidity beggars belief. But as they say in the hip hop world there's always haters.

Waiting for a thankyou (like RR deserves a personal card!), screw him, stuff him, throw it back in his face? Pathetic.

Instructive that such glaring lack of empathy is displayed on Australia day. Instructive in that half the problem about Australia is too many people who wouldn't know compassion and empathy if it bit them on the nose.

The MFC bent over backwards and then some for Liam Jurrah yet he saw fit to walk out on us mid-season without so much as a simple public thank you. It was the least the club deserved. Pathetic.

Perhaps what Liam needs is a little less coddling and fawning by hangers on. A good dose of reality and a kick up the backside can often be the most effective form of compassion.

As Lt. Vincent Hanna said to a recidivist delinquent in the movie 'Heat' .... "Empathy was yesterday. Today, you're wasting my motherf.....ing time!".

Do we even know for a fact he never thanked the club? Sure there was nothing public, but that doesn't mean he didn't speak to the club directly to show his appreciation.

It's possible of course, but any thank you should've been done publicly. The club was more than owed the positive spin of a public pat on the back for the way it treated him.

• Like 1

I'v been a mad dees supporter for 38 years .its ur soft side that brings this club down we gave him everything he walks out try's to join another club six months later he couldn't give a rats about you and I and our club

swings & roundabouts

recruitment is like that.

i think many who are angry are because they over invested their emotions in a big risk.

I'm relieved, but still wish Liam & his community well.

It's possible of course, but any thank you should've been done publicly. The club was more than owed the positive spin of a public pat on the back for the way it treated him.

Of course he may have wanted to avoid more media attention...

Boss Hog and mjt you have joined my small but select group of posters who i have ignored as they are a complete waste of time and energy. Good bye and good riddance.

By the by Ben i am taking you off ignore because you don't deserve to be included with such a moronic bunch (and you were right i often snuck a peak - which i can guarantee i wont be doing with the others)

Anyone that drives around with a BAC of .266 cannot be defended, just because someone gains support doesnt mean they deserve it.