"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

Those charges deserve to be fought....that is all i can say...if we do not do it, then the club will remain fractured....now is the time to stand.

Prepare to be disappointed. The club will only be fractured if people decide to put themselves before the club. You want to talk about principles and integrity? Then back the club when it needs it the most, back the people making the decisions and back the coaches/FD/players with the clubs and supporters full support. Don't have a whinge and quit on the club because you're not happy that the club won't cut off their nose to spite their face so that you (and others) can feel vindication and some short-term gratification that taking on the big bad AFL will give you.

• Like 3

Can any one confirm if wormtail is banned from the Melbourne football club?

Caus she should be, and press conferences she attends all her questions should be ignored, the club should tell her, you make shite up anyway so why should be we bother talking to you as you will only make more shite up

• Like 3

Could someone keep the poor people like myself (who don't have Fox Footy or even Foxtel for that matter) updated?

Cheers.

They didn't say anything except to reiterate what was in Caro's article and Robinson said he called Demetriou who said he didn't know anything.

Robinson then said most people would think that is a very light penalty for MFC and Whately said MFC have thought for several weeks they wouldn't lose any draft picks.

FFS this is all supposition from Wilson, the penalties have to come from the commission and they don't meet until Monday.

Stop the BS guys, we need to wait and see whether GM says we have a case to answer and as CW says he is tight lipped. She said there would be an answer today so she made one up. She has lost the plot now.

• Like 1

I get what you're saying mate, I really do. But I think the reality of the situation is that while fighting (something I will back the club 100% if it comes to it) will probably hurt the club with it being played out for so long and so publicly. If there is a way to come out of this with a fine that we can cop and no loss of draft picks then I believe we should accept it and move on. The best thing for the club is to get this done once and for all.

The massive key is that we don't get done for tanking or engaging in match fixing. Because the ramifications of that with the gaming commission would be disastrous.

If we take those penalties we are Tankers....That's my point....We Fight Mate or die

• Like 1

I know this is getting ahead of the facts, but what the hell I only have CW to inspire me:

but I can imagine a $500K fine which is quietly compensated by an extra $500K from the AFL's save-the-poorer-club fund. Anyway, here's hoping that if there is such a fine and it is accepted by the club, something like that occurs.

Prepare to be disappointed. The club will only be fractured if people decide to put themselves before the club. You want to talk about principles and integrity? Then back the club when it needs it the most, back the people making the decisions and back the coaches/FD/players with the clubs and supporters full support. Don't have a whinge and quit on the club because you're not happy that the club won't cut off their nose to spite their face so that you (and others) can feel vindication and some short-term gratification that taking on the big bad AFL will give you.

Don't tell me how to feel mate....CW has jumped before AD so we shall see....WE FIGHT FOR OUR PEOPLE DAMMIT.

I know this is getting ahead of the facts, but what the hell I only have CW to inspire me:

but I can imagine a $500K fine which is quietly compensated by an extra $500K from the AFL's save-the-poorer-club fund. Anyway, here's hoping that if there is such a fine and it is accepted by the club, something like that occurs.

The worst thing to come out of that scenario is the fact that CW will be able to gloat over our misfortune and her impeccable sources and unquestionable worth as a sports journo... please don't let it be so!

everyone should settle down, stop being nervous nellies and just wait

don't be spooked by someone who has been repeatedly wrong on this issue (and vindictive)

fmd

What version is this one?

Maybe if you keep on guessing you'll get it right, eventually.

• Like 1

Why should we believe one word that this woman says? Ever again? She has zero credibility and is not a reputable source.

She simply doesn't care if she's wrong. If she's wrong on this she won't care and the public won't care. That's why she's so outspoken. There is no accountability - none.

It's hard to completely ignore her rantings but we should wait until official word from the AFL or the club. She's told too many 'porkies' to be taken seriously again. Take the Schwab example - totally wrong. Any repercussions? No. Will she apologise? No chance.

If we end up in a strong debate / argument over her latest 'piece' she will have won.

• Like 2