What questions are you going to ask at the AGM?

hoopla

What about whats happening now, you know the good news in the papers everyday, the glowing endorsements from the Age and Sun, you would have to be a twit to think this clubs running smoothly, were the laughing stock of Victoria, and the buck stops with the CEO who im tipping wont have a job in 3 months time.

Because it's not like the papers to sensationalize things...... Geez mate, did you stock up on bottled water in your bomb shelter for the Mayan prophecy too? Try thinking for yourself.

Since taking over the Bentleigh Club and its Blalance Sheet we are now in debt (about $1.9M from memory).

But we now have an asset worth $2 to 3 mil....Have we not????

MCG is our home ground

Rich, Coll, Haw are co-tenants of the MCG

I suppose you are correct in theory.

But to me a home ground is one where you train.

I would suggest that we do not have a home ground advantage at the MCG

when playing Collingwood, Richmond or Hawthorn.

maybe we should play them at Gosch's Paddock?

Disappointed that my original post has caused so much commentary about CS, which I think is missing the point.

I actually said that CS has "proven himself to be a good Chief Executive for the business and membership areas of the club, but not so for the football side - the results speak for themselves", and to "free Cameron up to focus on business and membership, get better at it and bring more money into the Club, and find the right person to focus on football operations and long-term football development".

I would have thought that the CEO is responsible for all aspects of performance, including football. But what I am suggesting is keep CS for what he is good at (business and membership), and supplement that with a person with a strong track record of success in football operations and development to be CEO of Football. This is not a role for a second-year coach, which seems to be the way it is setup at present. The coach is meant to coach, as Geelong realised when they did their review at the end of 2006 - then, bang, 3 premierships. Isn't that what we all want?

• Like 1

Since taking over the Bentleigh Club and its Blalance Sheet we are now in debt (about $1.9M from memory).
assetts cost money. It's the way things work.

A suburban house can cost $1.5 mill so i wouldn't be too concerned.

$6m

I believe we have to keep the Bentleigh Club in its current location for another maybe 10 years, then we can relocate it and sell off the land. When we do it will be to a place where it is better suited so we should be able to run it profitably.

I believe we have to keep the Bentleigh Club in its current location for another maybe 10 years, then we can relocate it and sell off the land. When we do it will be to a place where it is better suited so we should be able to run it profitably.

i think too robbie there is a get out clause which could enable an earlier sale. can't remember the details

in 10 years that land will be worth a fortune, regardless of the club. It is a huge win to own it outright.
  • Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

That land should be worth good money too.

Exciting times.

That land should be worth good money too.

Exciting times.

one of my oldest mates lives in East Bentleigh & the land value has skyrocketed in the last 5 years or so.

It is now classed as inner city.

In 10 years the club could name it's price.

That is a huge block for apartments potentially.

$6m

Whatever the case, it's my understanding that we're well in front thanks to some great foresight on the part of Joe Gutnick all those years ago.

Moreover, I think it's a worthwhile matter to being up at an AGM because there's so much conjecture about the net worth of football clubs these days and the explanations given in accounting reports are often difficult for the layman to decipher.

Another thing: I know there are some who regard AGM's with contempt or suspicion but if you have a question that concerns you, I don't see why you can't commit it to writing and present it as a question with notice.

• Like 1

one of my oldest mates lives in East Bentleigh & the land value has skyrocketed in the last 5 years or so.

I am a grammar Nazi. "Its" as you have used it is a pronoun. Pronouns do not have apostrophes. Or to put it another way pron'oun's do no't have apo'strophe's.

Can we get off the CS debate.....Our club is being run well...

We are debt free whereas the top clubs are still in debt

Carlton......$5 mil in debt

Coll...........$3 mil in debt

Western bulldogs...........4 to $5 mil in debt

Don't get me started on the interstate clubs like Pt Adel....Suns....Giants....Bris

We now have a properly funded FD

We posted a profit in the year from hell

But we need a CEO who runs things properly????.....

People might not like him personally....But who cares....He is doing his job...

You say that our club is well run and quote the debt levels at other clubs to justify your argument....and misqote the MFC level of debt. Is our club well run from a financial point of view when the Club has to go the members each year to chip in $500K to $1M to balance the books? The Board chipped in $130K in 2012 as part of the Heroes campagn. (you could look at that as an admission of failure by the Board and CS in running the Club) Where is the business model to provide the profits and cash flows to fund the FD and grow the Club?

My query with CS is not whether he has done a good job but could the Club do better? Is there a better candidate out there?

Disappointed that my original post has caused so much commentary about CS, which I think is missing the point.

I actually said that CS has "proven himself to be a good Chief Executive for the business and membership areas of the club, but not so for the football side - the results speak for themselves", and to "free Cameron up to focus on business and membership, get better at it and bring more money into the Club, and find the right person to focus on football operations and long-term football development".

I would have thought that the CEO is responsible for all aspects of performance, including football. But what I am suggesting is keep CS for what he is good at (business and membership), and supplement that with a person with a strong track record of success in football operations and development to be CEO of Football. This is not a role for a second-year coach, which seems to be the way it is setup at present. The coach is meant to coach, as Geelong realised when they did their review at the end of 2006 - then, bang, 3 premierships. Isn't that what we all want?

As I posted before I think you will find that Neil Craig takes a lot of these duties and Mark Neeld sticks to the coaching side of things and as someone else pointed out we also have Josh Mahoney heading up football operations. If you watched Craig's press conference the other day I think you will find we are in good hands.

How much is it costing us to run now? and how much does it effect the cash flow of the football club?

east bentleigh inner city - give me a break wyl :wacko:

east bentleigh inner city - give me a break wyl :wacko:

Preston is now dc and it is probably the same distance.

They are of course not inner city but from a real estate point they are now afforded that tag

Guest José Mourinho

It's ridiculous some of the prices around those areas.

The land is big enough for a block of 20 apartments easily, probably more.

I reckon you could get around $10mil for the land alone.

correction: from a wannabe real estate pov

who ever believed real estate agents?

Yes they must be running behind GD in the believability stakes.

Oh god I have probably just insulted 50 Dees supporters

( wonder what Fan does ?)