What song should the Demons run out to?

DeeZee

Any TISM song
That would be brilliant. However, I think 'Whatareya?' might cut a bit too close to the bone for some MFC supporters. They should however play 'I might be a [censored] but I'm not a [censored]ing [censored]' when we play Carlton and Brock McLean kicks a goal.

In all seriousness, I didn't mind them playing 'Enter Sandman' in the moments before the boys ran out down the race. However, when the boys run through the banner, 'The Grand Old Flag' is the only thing that should be playing. Music and other peripheral forms of entertainment used subtly can add to the football experience. However, if you're senses are constantly getting bombarded every minute by loud music, fireworks,cheerleaders, kiss cams, big screen dance offs and large bursts of flame then you aren't attending a football match. You are attending a circus or a T20 cricket match.

Before the game mate, before the game. And Not mindblowingly loud like the swans once were.

Before, after, during, all the same....... it's not the timing but the idea of playing some commercial pop song to entertain when the footy is entertainment enough. FFS, what's next....... The Demonette cheerleaders? How about fireworks and a marching band?

Footy is a simple and highly watchable game. It is the poorer for being interfered with and razzmatazzed.

• Like 3

Bon was unique . Brian has been upfront for 32 years now !

Was never a AC/DC freak but liked a lot of their songs . They still hold up ...

Always felt that good rock and our game is a great mix . Can't stand the ads though .

absolutely agree Macca with all that.

and not Too hard edged metal, the hate stuff...

I love my music, mostly blues & rock with jazz, some mild classical.

IMO, ACDC isn't too hard over the top, to offend most of Our supporter base... 3.5 minutes isn't too much to engage with pre game, as long as they don't play crap in between goals etc like the states. Just Pre & on players entry to the arena. hopefully with a long guitar intro.

No bogan songs please (ACDC)

How about Muse - Uprising

The irony.

You make a dismissive jibe at ACDC being bogan, and then suggest one of the few Muse songs that bogans know and like, since Muse went all commercial radio-friendly.

Bogans might like ACDC. That doesn't automatically make them a [censored] band.

Edited by P_Man
  • Like 3

Really, this is one more step along the road to me not wanting to attend games. Songs along with bands (both I'm positive I will despise) and the crap interviews on the big screen and everything else is annoying and detracts from the game. The game is all I care about, the rest is horrible.

• Like 2

I understand the frustration at attempts to jazz up the atmosphere. God help me if they ever do what he Suns have done with music after every goal..

But really, we're talking about a few minutes as they run down the race here. With the right song it could really work, though pretty much anything will trump the velvet bugler.

It's a fine line between defending the game's traditions, and basic wowserism.

• Like 3

I understand the frustration at attempts to jazz up the atmosphere. God help me if they ever do what he Suns have done with music after every goal..

But really, we're talking about a few minutes as they run down the race here. With the right song it could really work, though pretty much anything will trump the velvet bugler.

It's a fine line between defending the game's traditions, and basic wowserism.

Point taken, PM.

But I'm not sure that the atmosphere needs jazzing up. The AFL and the tv media would certainly expand this idea to music after goals, etc without a moment's hesitation. The fine line would be long forgotten once it is crossed. It's already an aural assault at the game, why add to it?

Judging by the musical lather cranked up on this thread, many may well like that.

I say leave it alone.Melbourne are Traditionalists.Play Grand old flag only.Its Melbourne,Its Aussie and its always been in existence!

We are also not Rugby....nor the NBA where every play requires loud music to annoy you so you cant hear whats going on.

Although you did say a song to run out to after the GOF..so..

If they did chose a song...I would possibly go with Jimmy Barnes...Aint no second Prize.

The difference with Liverpool and west ham etc is they actually mean something, Liverpool sing due to all the people who died, we will play a stupid song cos the players are walking out.

Not sure about this. Liverpool supporters have been singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" since the 60's, well before the 1985 disaster. Primarily it is sung to unify them as a supporter group.

Likewise, I don't know the origins of the Hammers' "Blowing Bubbles" anthem, but I'd be surprised if it represents any higher purpose other than getting them pumped up for the game..

I did like the story about Michael Jackson going to a Hammers match and leaving before the first whistle had blown. He thought "Blowing Bubbles" was the crowd having a dig at his chimp.

• Like 2