WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - CHRIS DAWES

Dawes chose us over a number of clubs......

......hmmmm I thought we were considered an unattractive proposition......

hello ADC.

I wonder if Denham is amazed at the number of AFL players who are putting themselves on the market. Even more amazed by the number of them wanting to to come to the Melbourne bears.

By my reckoning 2 have chosen to leave (assuming Rivers goes) but, with Pederson four have chosen to come to the club (i'm including Barry who could have knocked us back and taken his chances in the draft). Not bad for a club that is apparently on the nose - what did ADC say about the 'player fraternity'? Humbug.

Edited by binman
  • Like 1

I wonder if Denham is amazed at the number of AFL players who are putting themselves on the market. Even more amazed by the number of them wanting to to come to the Melbourne bears.

By my reckoning 2 have chosen to leave (assuming Rivers goes) but, with Pederson four have chosen to come to the club (i'm including Barry who could have knocked us back and taken his chances in the draft). Not bad for a club that is apparently on the nose - what did ADC say about the 'player fraternity'? Humbug.

"But we are rubes, we are just a money factory for 2nd rate players looking to feather there nest, we are paying overs, we are a RABBLE"

[censored] Denham

I heard the Melbourne Bears comment this morning as well and thought just when I thought he couldn't become more of a [censored] he just topped himself!

This is great work from Neeld and Brown, pick 20 may be a bit over but don't forget we were sniffing around last year and would've probably paid more not just in picks but in contract. Neeld is building HIS list now, and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

I heard the Melbourne Bears comment this morning as well and thought just when I thought he couldn't become more of a [censored] he just topped himself!

This is great work from Neeld and Brown, pick 20 may be a bit over but don't forget we were sniffing around last year and would've probably paid more not just in picks but in contract. Neeld is building HIS list now, and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

We were doing more than 'sniff around' last year.Dawes was offered a truck load of money to join us.He won't be getting as much now and we've also got Clarke, so things have worked out well.Who will play at full forward, Clarke or Dawes? Or will they alternate between there and CHF?

I thought you blocked me. Why do persist in torturing yourself. To HT. Dawes had really two choices bad and bad that fit in with his No 1 priority which appears to be his studies. So much for the big fish. So far only landed the fish john west rejects.

• Like 1

I thought you blocked me. Why do persist in torturing yourself. To HT. Dawes had really two choices bad and bad that fit in with his No 1 priority which appears to be his studies. So much for the big fish. So far only landed the fish john west rejects.

....wtf dude. Seriously.

• Like 1

I was thinking Stefan Martin and 39

Or am I totally overrating Martin's value?

Unfortunately yes I think you are. For most of the season couldn't force his way into the third worst side in the comp (even when Jamar was injured).

Still, I think Dawes will come to us straight up for pick 20. The Filth may kick up an initial stink but I reckon they'll eventually fold and take it.

Pick 20 and Stef Martin should get this thing done.

Seems a bit rich for a player who was 'just' last year.

Admittably, they both had better seasons prior and based on stats solely (which I know is not the greatest thing to compare but its all I have to make my argument stand) I think Stef has better value.

Pick 20 by itself is overs for Dawes as he reminds me of a slightly more agile / stronger Brad Miller.... and god I hope I will be proved wrong!

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=5&pid1=1746&tid2=12&pid2=2718&type=A&fid1=P&fopt1=2011&fid2=P&fopt2=2011

I hope the club did not fritter away the lions share of the war chest on this dilettante and lose Martin and pick 20 to boot. Eeeech!

There are seventeen other clubs. Please go support one of them. It doesn't matter which one as long as it gets you away from this one.

• Like 1

I was thinking Stefan Martin and 39

Or am I totally overrating Martin's value?

It seems pick 20 will be what we need, anything over that is too much and I'd be surprised if the Neeld and co saw it any other way.

This guy is a radio troll nothing else, he's no better than some d'head that loves to get up our nose on the blogs, so the more we comment on him the bigger hardy he gets. You can bet your life he scans this site for some sort of reaction and we never let him down.

If a troll comes on here we can ban him if a troll gets on the radio we can ignore him, that's what I do, I never listen to him and never worry about him.

To the point at hand I'm very glad for the club and for Neeld in particular, he's put his nuts on the line chasing players over the last two years and he's nabbed a couple that they thought we never would. It may make those on here that think he hasn't got it sit up and take note. Good effort Mark and the rest of the football department involved.

• Like 4

This guy is a radio troll nothing else, he's no better than some d'head that loves to get up our nose on the blogs, so the more we comment on him the bigger hardy he gets. You can bet your life he scans this site for some sort of reaction and we never let him down.

If a troll comes on here we can ban him if a troll gets on the radio we can ignore him, that's what I do, I never listen to him and never worry about him.

To the point at hand I'm very glad for the club and for Neeld in particular, he's put his nuts on the line chasing players over the last two years and he's nabbed a couple that they thought we never would. It may make those on here that think he hasn't got it sit up and take note. Good effort Mark and the rest of the football department involved.

All that is true, but when our rise starts, I, and hopefully many others will be calling in to give it to him in spades.

All that is true, but when our rise starts, I, and hopefully many others will be calling in to give it to him in spades.

You can do that but it wouldn't make any difference to him, as I said he's a troll and he's just hit back with some mindless drivel about how we wasted picks were [censored] for years yada yada yada.

He's a nothing and I wouldn't give him the time of day.

Having done a bit of research it seems a knuckle fracture in round 15, 2011 curtailed Dawes promising season. He came back at the end of the year, but wasn't the same player. It's clear he's a confidence player and it's been noted on Collingwood forums that he wasn't able to play as a key forward for the entire 2012 season. He won't be asked to pinch hit in the ruck for Melbourne and should be able to settle permanently as a key forward. Also, like Clark last year, Dawes is 24 and his best years should be 24-28, but let's see what he produces in 2013.

Here are his stats for the first 12 games in 2011 when he hit career best form at CHF before his fractured knuckle.

Average disposals per game: 16

Average marks per game: 5

Average goals per game: 1.75 - extrapolated over 22 games would be 39

They're fine figures for a CHF for half a season and I suspect the reason Neeld has been so keen.

The query is whether he can recapture that type of form. If he can he'll be a handy acquisition and foil for Clark.

• Like 4