WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - CHRIS DAWES

The football player community is a fraternity. No player who is worth his salt or believes he is still in the game would come to a club that has humiliated and shat on its playing group to save the skins of the incompetant suits who mismanage this club unless they are allready on the scrap heap. Its not all about money. The word has gone around. The prime draft picks we get will curse their luck.

Which you all please welcome to our board the one and only Greg Denham

• Like 1

The football player community is a fraternity. No player who is worth his salt or believes he is still in the game would come to a club that has humiliated and shat on its playing group to save the skins of the incompetant suits who mismanage this club unless they are allready on the scrap heap. Its not all about money. The word has gone around. The prime draft picks we get will curse their luck.

Do you proof read the crap you post or do you just like pretending to know what you're talking about?

Edited by Unleash Hell

It concerns me that while I am supportive of Mark Neeld(as per my avatar ) it is a concern that it appears two players (wellingham and dawes )who have had direct contact with our coach and have had good money offers put in front of them have chosen to go elsewhere and seemingly were just not keen to entertain coming to Melbourne

absolutely.... As I've said before, Neeld has no emotional intelligence, and hence no people skills. For such a revered pies assistant coach, both Wellingham and Dawes didn't want to even meet with him...... This bloke really worries me.
  • Like 1

absolutely.... As I've said before, Neeld has no emotional intelligence, and hence no people skills. For such a revered pies assistant coach, both Wellingham and Dawes didn't want to even meet with him...... This bloke really worries me.

Yet blokes like Maxwell said he was sensational for them, especially one on one and would be greatly missed. What is the truth?

• Like 2

You may be right about Neeld. But it may also be true that he came into the club at a time when he just couldn't cosy up to a whole bunch of players he quickly knew he was going to need to axe. We can tell yet..... but we did know that the place was a train wreck when he walked into it. A mix of years of low spend on football department and coaches, poor management of experienced players and our band of so called " young guns" turning out to be more like water pistols....paper ones.

Its possible that Wellingham wants to keep playing finals and that Dawes doesnt want to be replaced by Hogan in 2 years time. Its possible...who knows yet.

I just dont think we can sacrifice Neeld too soon. We need to give him at least a full year with more of his own picked list and less of the toxic remains of the Schwab/ Bailey fall out and the limited Bailey game plan/ body type.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Neelds style Im sure plenty other coaches have issues. He might look a lot better if we win 10 or 11 next year. We have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Yet blokes like Maxwell said he was sensational for them, especially one on one and would be greatly missed. What is the truth?

And Mick Mathouse former filth and now scum said he would be a great coach. Great backhander that was.

It has been reported that he doesn't want to come to Melbourne and if that's the case then I hope he goes elsewhere.

Where was that reported?.. I don't read the HUN, but there is nothing in Real Footy and certainly nothing on the AFL site. In fact there is nothing reported anywhere that I can find that states Dawes is going to any club... the only thing I have seen is the post here stating it is on Facebook.

Where was that reported?.. I don't read the HUN, but there is nothing in Real Footy and certainly nothing on the AFL site. In fact there is nothing reported anywhere that I can find that states Dawes is going to any club... the only thing I have seen is the post here stating it is on Facebook.

On this site, this thread.

It was rumored, as was his alleged move to Melbourne/Bulldogs, they're all rumors.

Hey Canplay, have you ever actually met and spoken with Mark Neeld?

Because, if you had, you'd not be making those comments.

No, never met him in person, would like to. But his press conferences, interviews and especially his foundation heroes speech consistently disappoint, in terms of lack of engagement, motivation and instilling belief. Hope he proves me wrong for MFC sake, but this bloke worries the hell out of me.

Take your coach flogging agenda elsewhere please... this topic concerns Dawes (who has not yet been taken by any club and has nowhere stated he would not talk to the MFC) and is not about the coach.

It's blokes like yourself that spring up suddenly on this site with the sole intent of Neeld bashing, who worry me.

• Like 6

On this site, this thread.

It was rumored, as was his alleged move to Melbourne/Bulldogs, they're all rumors.

Ok, fine... but I can't understand why you said you hope it is true.

Take your coach flogging agenda elsewhere please... this topic concerns Dawes (who has not yet been taken by any club and has nowhere stated he would not talk to the MFC) and is not about the coach.

It's blokes like yourself that spring up suddenly on this site with the sole intent of Neeld bashing, who worry me.

Canplay is Ology, you should know that.

Not accurate on several counts.

Ok, fine... but I can't understand why you said you hope it is true.

I didn't, read again.

The context of my saying I hope it's correct is based on him saying he doesn't want to come to Melbourne if that's not what he said he's welcome if its true he's not.

Edited by RobbieF

agenda? It's called critical thinking. Keep the blind fold on tight pal.

No, never met him in person, would like to. But his press conferences, interviews and especially his foundation heroes speech consistently disappoint, in terms of lack of engagement, motivation and instilling belief. Hope he proves me wrong for MFC sake, but this bloke worries the hell out of me.

Well that just shows that different people respond to different things. I find him extremely clear-thinking and highly motivating.

Do you actually support this club? Or do do you just use the forum to spread your bile?

• Like 2

agenda? It's called critical thinking. Keep the blind fold on tight pal.

Critical thinking? Based on what? You admitted yourself you have never met the guy, and you present your "critical thought" based on some spurious comment that Dawes has accepted a deal elsewhere. No emotional intelligence and hence no people skills??? Give me a break!!

• Like 1

If Neeld wanted Dawes we would have Dawes. If Neeld wants Pederson we will have him. As he showed with Mitch last year if he wants a player he will go out and get him. If we don't end up with one of these guys I'd say its because they are not worth the asking price and he's not prepared to pay over. Maybe it's not the presumed "they don't wanna play for Melbourne", maybe Neeld has deemed they're not for us?

• Like 3

This is an amazing thread of truth fiction lies and more damn unknowns.

One minute everyone os blaming Neeld for chasing Dawes saying he is over.

Then someone else pipes up and says they've read a rumor from a mate whose brother goes out with a girl whose brother knows the orange cutte at Melbourne and he's heard Dawes doesn't want to come to us.

No one has any facts.

We don't know the inner workings of all this.

But finally thnaks to Neeld and the current management the club is being dragged into this century.

This is the first time in many years we've actually gone and played with the big boys.

Sadly it seems a lot postes here preferred the days when we were still floundeing around in the backyard while the others were out in the street.

• Like 3