Aaron Davey reconsidering his position at Melbourne

Brayshaw Self

1 was enough.

Funny, I thought this after reading your very 1st post..

People should just cool it.

He has been a good servant of the club and I have not heard good things about his foot.

Let's not dance on graves - it says more about the dancer than the name on the tombstone.

RE: I and many others only went to MFC games at one stage because Aaron Davey was playing.. dont sh!t where you sleep, yeah.

Anyway, I came on to ask,

'Isn't Davey the outside mid weve been looking for?' The best kick at MFC, probably the best in the league barely a year or 2 ago.. fast, smart, a goalkicker.. just got to get the hammies right!

Then i read RSVP's comment on Daveys foot.. Can you elaborate a little please? cheers..

I cant see he has an option to go into the trade bin. Times caught up. :(

No-one is going to pay him what he is paid now, which is probably 4 - 500,000.

Just a hypothetical but thered be nothing stopping the two parties coming to a deal for an early end to his contract. That or find something esle for him to go onto within the club etc. That is if it was a desirable ongoing for those concerned..

Hes had a fair amount of coin over the journey he ought to be well set up.

No other club will be interested in him now - he's got two choices, front up for another Misson pre-season or retire now on half next year's contract.

You know nothing about contracts do you?

More like it is broken in a way that a 28 year old AFL player will struggle to come back from.

Apparently it's a bit of a mess.

Maybe some other role in the club would be more suited ?

Shame for him personally, but even he would recognise the demands on training volume and his returns for the club the last two years aren't what he or the club expects. More is required and his zest is diminished.

Regarding his contract, I'd gather prudent list management would have him payed heavily in his first two years (front loaded given the nature of list). At a guess there wouldn't be a great deal owing.

His contract like a few others was somewhat front loaded which is why we have the space now

Hold up, the elephant in the room here is the fact that Davey is contracted.

What can he reconsider? Wouldn't leaving, retiring ect mean that he is voiding his contract?

If he has been front loaded then wouldn't he need to pay back some of that extra he was front loaded?

If a contract isn't stopping players from reaping the best years of front loaded contracts then walking then what is the point of them?

It would be like Scully taking 2 million in his first year at GWS then 'reconsidering his position' as he would only be on 1million for every other year

Edited by olisik

What can he reconsider? Wouldn't leaving, retiring ect mean that he is voiding his contract?

If he has been front loaded then wouldn't he need to pay back some of that extra he was front loaded?

If a contract isn't stopping players from reaping the best years of front loaded contracts then walking then what is the point of them?

It would be like Scully taking 2 million in his first year at GWS then 'reconsidering his position' as he would only be on 1million for every other year

like i suggest clever clogs. They would be able to come to an agreement to end the contract to both parties satisfaction.

clam down..take a bex

You know nothing about contracts do you?

I know enough about them - he'll either play next season on full whack or he'll retire and we'll come to an agreement with him to pay him less.

• Like 1

We will come to an agreement with him or he will see out his contract - and we will not be asking for any money back FFS.

Yes. I think the club got spooked. I was happy for him to walk and posted as much at the time. But you also had people like Mike Sheahan who wrote an article 3 years ago insinuating that the club would be on its knees if Davey wouldn't re-sign.

Ultimately he stayed and got a very generous contract.

Mike was wrong.

We will come to an agreement with him or he will see out his contract - and we will not be asking for any money back FFS.

Then it will motivate this type of tactic in the future for other players on front-loaded contracts

I think Mike suffers from Senior Demontia :unsure:^_^

• Like 1

Then it will motivate this type of tactic in the future for other players on front-loaded contracts

and what tactic would that be .... :huh:

What 'type of tactic' is that?

Breaking your effing foot at work?!

With all due respect - I would say three words in this instance that would not be very pleasant at all.

and what tactic would that be .... :huh:

to take the big bucks at the start of the contract and fcuk off once the coin slows down at the end of the contract. Or in this case 'reconsider'

Edited by olisik

to take the big bucks at the start of the contract and fcuk off once the coin slows down at the end of the contract. Or in this case 'reconsider'

You are heartless and naive and you should save yourself some embarrassment and not bother in this thread anymore.

• Like 1

You are heartless and naive and you should save yourself some embarrassment and not bother in this thread anymore.

Apologies you don't like my opinion but no need to make personal attacks...

We are leaving a window open to be exploited here. If you can't see it or think that its ok then that's your decision. I think otherwise.

Contracts must be honored in my books. Not 'reconsidered' once the good part is over.

Seriously what hope do we have if we can't even get players to honor their contracts.

Edited by olisik

your only excuse for such a ridiculous comment is that youre 12yo

if not you dont have much of a clue im affraid.