• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Aaron Davey reconsidering his position at Melbourne

Brayshaw Self

Has struggled this year, no doubt. Has a contract, so must play, be paid out, be traded or retire. None of these are great options financially or list wise, I would have thought.

But these reoccurring rumours about players wanting out or being pushed out is now getting ridiculous. I have heard that the MFC is not well liked by many of the press corp (something about someone within the club feeding them lies and was caught out), but how is it that they get any oxygen? Are there people within who are so unprofessional that they give out information or is it just pure fiction by the journalists seeking payback?

This is being handled VERY badly by the club. The fact that Neeld has to go to the VFL commentators to try and correct rumours (rumours so far) says that the media wheels have fallen off the MFC. Who's job at the MFC is this to address? Schwabby, where the £ark are you?

How do we know this hasn't been made up? The media are experts were creating something completely out of nothing, plus the VFL commentators got it completely wrong today as it's never been suggested Cook or Gysberts have been delisted. Cook was only a possibility after a "meeting" with Neeld while there is interest from Geelong in Gysberts and nothing more than that as Gysberts is still under contract. Mountain out of a mole hill today really.

• Like 1

How do we know this hasn't been made up? The media are experts were creating something completely out of nothing, plus the VFL commentators got it completely wrong today as it's never been suggested Cook or Gysberts have been delisted. Cook was only a possibility after a "meeting" with Neeld while there is interest from Geelong in Gysberts and nothing more than that as Gysberts is still under contract. Mountain out of a mole hill today really.

Good point Wiseblood. A lot of half truths, mistruths and just rubbish.

Well i know the bit about the 'vibe' because the player said it to me,of course it may just his personal feeling ..what do you think? Its interesting ( to me at least) that the Tiges have just cut 6(?) ..bang...while at MFC it seems to be a pretty dirty process of 'retirements' trade request stories,rumour and innuendo and thus far the huge cull hasnt occured. I can't see how Neeld is in charge of this process myself. Just an observation from the outside of course

Change is difficult IRW.

People never embrace change until the pain of changing is less than the pain of doing the same thing.

I cannot see how we can stay the course we have been on since 1964. I am weary of losing and I am not alone. There will be good calls and maybe the odd bad one in this change.

I love Flash and wish him all the best. But if he chooses to leave, then so be it. That would be the soft option for a player at the end of his career. He could equally choose to stay and embrace the change.

I hope its the latter.

• Like 2

I heard his foot is basically cactus and will never be right again. He might be retiring is the call I heard.

He was a fantastic talent in his day and did some great stuff early in his career - his speed and defensive pressure was second to none in the AFL at some stages. But when your on the bottom of the ladder with a new coach things change.

• Like 1

See quote above about 'club vibe' Bossdog. If a coach never says anything nice about individuals,just talks stats, its not suprising that there are 'leaks'.....people want to be heard and acknowledged.If I was told that if I 'behaved' I'd be around next year I reckon I might launch a guerilla attack

If there is one post I've read on these forums in recent times that is WAY off the mark there are two examples by IRW.

A tad of hypocrisy in this thread by some. I honestly hope Aaron with one year left on a contract is not pushed.

If Aaron wants one more crack at AFL we should do everything in our power to make that happen, either with us or somewhere else. However, the choice should be with Aaron.

If we want loyalty from our players we must show loyalty to our players especially to players with contracts.

Thats true, but he may not be able to get many games with the kids coming thru, (Blease, Strauss, Tynan, Viney, & Sylvia on the wing or onball, etc).

Aaron may not like playing often @ Casey?

People acting like Davey is useless etc makes me so bloody mad... I want to meet all of you keyboard heroes and unleash on you.

Yeah he had lost a step, yeah his career is coming to an end... but show some respect for someone who has given us many great memories.

I swear, I hate 90% of MFC supporters, disloyal pack of sooks.

Calling everyone sooks at the end of the biggest dummy spit of the thread. Ok!

Anyway, you're being hyper-sensitive. There's no nice ways to say that a guy is obviously cooked, and he is. But nobody's said anything overly unkind or unreasonable in this thread.

• Like 1

Change is difficult IRW.

People never embrace change until the pain of changing is less than the pain of doing the same thing.

I cannot see how we can stay the course we have been on since 1964. I am weary of losing and I am not alone. There will be good calls and maybe the odd bad one in this change.

I love Flash and wish him all the best. But if he chooses to leave, then so be it. That would be the soft option for a player at the end of his career. He could equally choose to stay and embrace the change.

I hope its the latter.

Yep I agree with most of that .Change is difficult,but my observation is that the handling of it is messy...I dont see the coach and the club as having established uts authority yet. Hopefully next year will bring more clarity. Like Green, Flash's time is up,contract or no contract. He was giving his best early in the season and he just couldnt produce the goods. I hope he pulls the plug myself and goes out a one club champ. Otherwise I hope he plays out his contract but,as I suggested, he doesnt seem very happy about things at present. We remember the early days and so,he implied, does he.It must be tough.
  • Like 1

Davey shoul be watching Ballantyne tonight, and either realizing how hard you have to work in today's game or that he is finished as a footballer.

Say what you want about that rat from Freo, but he gives effort after effort at every contest, and is one hell of a player.

Aaron has lost the fire inside to be an AFL player. He clearly is not 100% right. Thanks for the memories.

• Like 2

I heard his foot is basically cactus and will never be right again. He might be retiring is the call I heard.

He was a fantastic talent in his day and did some great stuff early in his career - his speed and defensive pressure was second to none in the AFL at some stages. But when your on the bottom of the ladder with a new coach things change.

Bloody hope Clark's foot heals up then.

• Like 2

Flash was just so exciting to watch when he first started. I was hoping necxt season he could go back to the crumbing foward position because he still is a good kick. But I know his pace has dropped off heaps and he has been disappointing the last few seasons. Interesting to see what he will do.

But he is a player that opposition players know if they target him they can put him off his game so easily and he just loses focus. I just hope these so called players that are being reported in the news as wanting out isnt because of Neelds tough stance. Its a shame that some of these players arent as head strong as Jones, Howe or even Jamar who re-signed with us and thrive on neelds coaching.

Aaron was a good player for us for a number of years and while not hard, was immensely talented and quick. I spoke to him last year and he told me that he had an injured knee or leg, that had restricted his movement and affected his pace, his biggest asset. He seemed resigned to never regaining his best. I think the injury has worsened and I would not be shocked to hear that he will retire.

Guest Rassilon

Aaron was a good player for us for a number of years and while not hard, was immensely talented and quick. I spoke to him last year and he told me that he had an injured knee or leg, that had restricted his movement and affected his pace, his biggest asset. He seemed resigned to never regaining his best. I think the injury has worsened and I would not be shocked to hear that he will retire.

I have no problems with this. I just want it to be Aarons decision, I would hate to see him running around in another jumper.

I just want to treat our departing players with the utmost respect.

• Like 2

Ever since flash fractured his leg, he hasn't been right. lost all his pace.

Which mind you was pretty hushed from memory.

I have the feeling that he will finish up, i think he's body is spent.

He has been great for the club.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Neeld said off air to the ABC guys that he is sick and tired of ridiculous stories being made up by journos about player movements at Melbourne. There will be no announcements until he is ready to make them. That's what Peter D said.

edit - typing

Honestly, it is time for this club to bunker down. I wouldn't have an issue with the MFC if they were to have a media ban on certain journos. We keep taking the shard that is being thrown at us & throw nothing back.

The problem with those who are so vehemently against Neeld on this site is that they are looking for things to pin on him. At this stage this is an unconfirmed rumour on Channel 7, no statement from the club or Davey. We have already heard that Neeld and the club have said the way that the Gysberts and Cook situations were reported were sensationalist and innaccurate, there would be a possibility this is in the same basket.

I do not deny i have been dissapointed with Neeld and the team this season, but at the start of the year he put the players on notice, said they had this year to earn their spots and now those that failed to are being removed, Neeld is owed this right as a new coach. He will be answerable to his list next season and will come under huge scrutiny should we perform like this year again and rightfully so. But to attack him for doing what he said he would do is ludicrous.

Finally should Davey move on or retire thanks for a great MFC career and many great memories you have been one of my faves for a very long time.

• Like 1

I think flash is suffering from the old, "the mind is willing but the body is weak" he may want to play but phisically it may be past him

that said, I have great respecy for Aaron, he has been a great player for our club, if he wants another year, and can convince Neeld he is capable then he should go for it. if not, then I wish him all the best with whatever endevours he chooses to persue in the future.

• Like 3

Neeld said off air to the ABC guys that he is sick and tired of ridiculous stories being made up by journos about player movements at Melbourne. There will be no announcements until he is ready to make them. That's what Peter D said.

The B&F is on Thursday night. Players will .obviously be in attendance.Delistings will be announced after that.

I wouldn't imagine he would retire or move anywhere. Has five kids to feed and im guessing the cheques he gets now will be the biggest of his life. He is well liked around the club and his skills still set the benchmark. I would imagine that he would like to put in one good pre season to ensure nothing is left in the tank. People forget how hard he had to work to get a rookie contract and his leg injury curtailed his main weapon in recent years.

Furthermore we have suffered from not having a good spread of ages on our list. We can't just be a under 23 side. In recent years the gap in the 25year olds has stifled the improvement of the draftees.