Herald Sun reports Gysberts to be shown the door...Neeld has gone mad!!!

Tex

Brad was on SEN today and was asked by Harford if he would go to GWS, he said "at the moment" he is officially but obviously open to something. He said he is still having a run. It just proves that the club has forced another long-standing loyal player retire before they wanted too. Frickin' Neeld better know what he is doing. lf they haven't shown any improvement or at least heart by round 6 next they can have my membership back. As for getting rid of Gysberts, does Neeld know what the hell he is doing?

What does it exactly prove ? Green was ready to retire from the MFC because he is well aware that there is a coach at the helm who will only play him if his form warrants it. He might entertain playing at GWS or GC because they have rolled the dice on players on their last legs (read Josh Fraser) and paid them big money in an attempt to get anyone over the age 20 into their team irrespective if they can still get a kick or not.

As to forcing players to retire before the player wants to I say Bravo ! Here is a simple blueprint - ascertain if a player is value or not to the team - if he is he stays, if not he goes. 10 years service,Captains, B&F's,bleeding red and blue since birth, 5 minute stars don't enter the equation if you are no value to the team.

• Like 1

Yep! This bloke has come into the place demanding this that and everything else without realising respect MUST be earnt!!

Don't give a hoot if it's the president or the boot studder. In this day and age managing and inspiring people is the name of the game in any role!

I agree and from what I see he has lost players because of the way he tries to present as an authoritarian without "Gravitas"

Don't care if he coached the best mid field in the comp in a premiership year, don't care if he coached some surfies to a premiership. What I want to see is a people manager and inspirer. Sorry but cannot see it given the vids that have been presented so far on this site.

Understand that although it appears the process for his appiontment was questionable not sure the current administration can do anything about it!

One thing I am sure of never ever let Garry Lyon anywhere near the process of coach appointment as consultant or whatevever his role was again.

Yep we have gone backwards massively! I can relate to Tex and his arguements .Massive test awaits next year, would not like to be zip 4 or so at start of year that result would be catastrophic for all concerned!

Edited by picket fence

Yep! This bloke has come into the place demanding this that and everything else without realising respect MUST be earnt!!

Don't give a hoot if it's the president or the boot studder. In this day and age managing and inspiring people is the name of the game in any role!

I agree and from what I see he has lost players because of the way he tries to present as an authoritarian without "Gravitas"

Don't care if he coached the best mid field in the comp in a premiership year, don't care if he coached some surfies to a premiership. What I want to see is a people manager and inspirer. Sorry but cannot see it given the vids that have been presented so far on this site.

Understand that although it appears the process for his appiontment was questionable not sure the current administration can do anything about it!

One thing I am sure of never ever let Garry Lyon anywhere near the process of coach appointment as consultant or whatevever his role was again.

Yep we have gone backwards massively! I can relate to Tex and his arguements .Massive test awaits next year, would not like to be zip 4 or so at start of year that result would be catastrophic for all concerned!

What a load of rubbish, the MFC needed a coach with a hard edge. They were soft and it looks like the soft players cant handle the required standard thats needed to become a top four club because under previous coaches they have had it far too easy. He has seperated the men from the boys. We wont be 0-4 next year because Neeld will have weeded out the players who cant cut it and will have a list that he wants.

Why dont the haters start one big Mark Neeld bashing thread so the rest of us here with common sense can enjoy each others company.

• Like 6

This bloke has come into the place demanding this that and everything else without realising respect MUST be earnt!!

Close.

A coach has come in demanding professionalism and adherence from the players which has been noticeably absent for years. Some players have not realised that respect MUST be earned.(Nathan Jones has earned the respect of the coach)

• Like 10

Its funny how some get it arse about !! ( sts )

Mind you they are probably the ones who still think the tail should wag the dog !!

Edited by belzebub59

Close.

A coach has come in demanding professionalism and adherence from the players which has been noticeably absent for years. Some players have not realised that respect MUST be earned.(Nathan Jones has earned the respect of the coach)

Picket Fences favourite player was Juice Newton and he must have posted a couple of hundred times on Ology demanding that he be given a game; does that tell you anything?

• Like 3

Hope you are right, but that is not a given. Injuries and the draw for starters, will play a big part.

I think we will be cutting Neeld some slack if we are 0-4 after playing Haw, Syd, Coll, WC in the first 4 rounds. Say if we play St K, WB, Port, Bris. Id accept being 2-2

Picket Fences favourite player was Juice Newton and he must have posted a couple of hundred times on Ology demanding that he be given a game; does that tell you anything?

everything !!!

Close.

This. I work in banking and I certainly didn't start with the expectation that my CFO should respect me. That only comes after hard work. The same applies in footy.

Who knows whether MN will be a good coach but at least it won't be through lack of conviction.

• Like 1

I seriously think we have some Brent Moloney/ Cale Morton type posters on this forum!!! DRop the bottom lip when things get tough or are just used to accepting half assed efforts!

Like it or not, Mark Neeld is the coach of the MFC! I don't give a continental if players a b c where captain of the club/b&f winner under bailey because that is the past! I am about the future and the future is Melbourne moving towards its 13 th premiership at whatever cost!

• Like 5

I loved Juice Newton....sigh.....(can't get em all right !)

• Like 1

I could not agree more. A coaches main role is to get the most out of his players. What ever way you look at it Neeld does not have the ability to do this. He has lost the playing group. I have it on good authority that 15 of our 45 are investigating their options to leave, the exitist will take years of recruiting to repair, we are destined to the bottom 4 for at least another 3 years. Neeld has destroyed their confidence and thus the players ability. What a disaster Neeld is.

Neeld is the worst mistake our club has made since sacking Norm Smith. I have already put money on the Dees for the wooden spoon next year.

The board must fire him leave and leave Neil Craig in charge before more players leave. Who in their right mind would want to come and play for Melbourne.

I beg the board to fire Neeld.

Edited by Grand New Flag

I could not agree more. A coaches main role is to get the most out of his players. What ever way you look at it Neeld does not have the ability to do this. He has lost the playing group. I have it on good authority that 15 of our 45 are investigating their options to leave, the exitist will take years of recruiting to repair, we are destined to the bottom 4 for at least another 3 years. Neeld has destroyed their confidence and thus the players ability. What a disaster Neeld is.

Neeld is the worst mistake our club has made since sacking Norm Smith. I have already put money on the Dees for the wooden spoon next year.

The board must fire him leave and leave Neil Craig in charge before more players leave. Who in their right mind would want to come and play for Melbourne.

Oh please

:wacko:

I get it. If the same rumour is repeated on 3 different occasions or outlets it becomes fact!

Biggie smalls.... Biggie smalls..... Bi....

Ctrl C, Ctrl V?

Whether you're right or wrong it doesn't matter right now. Despite a horrible year , Im not a Pro Neeld type or an anti Neeld type...for now.

As yet it cant be shown conclusively that Neeld has" lost the playing group" or is just an ultra disciplinarian demanding levels of it previously undemanded.

With this pretty large unknown it would be stupidity beyond even us to move on Neeld now.....and if we did we would be the laughing stock of the competition. Deservedly.

He needs at LEAST this year to sort out what exactly is true. If, as you say, we continue to go backwards then I doubt he will last the entire year.

What the eff? Did they all of a sudden legalise weed?

You have on good authority that 15 on the 45 are exploring options? Would that be Jurrah Green Moloney Bennel Davey Morton Couch Cook Gysberts Bate Dunn Spencer Martin Rivers Jetta Macdonald?

You talk about extracting the best from players? I dont think the best of these players could beat an senior EFL side but hey keep bagging Neeld, its his fault he inherited a [censored] list.

• Like 2

I think that Neelds hard bristle Broom is scrubbing hard.

And as such has most under the Fires of Hades. Board Inc.

The supporters, most are onboard as well, & want things to Heat Up!

I have it on good authority that 15 of our 45 are investigating their options to leave,

Hmmm . ".. good authority.. " .

Has your "authority " given you names ? Has your " authority " given you their individual reasons for " investigating their options to leave " ?

Are they , perchance , ones who can't hack the pace ? Rumour , rumour , rumour .