FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

Selective quoting is not the best policy. Maybe you should have included the rest

"the CLUB has poured the money into LJ, NOT we members...we give our money to the club in good faith expecting them to use it wisely; as long as LJ has thanked the club (and none of us know what dialogue took place), then I couldn't care less whether he has apologised publicy or not."

You are right, the club is it's members, much like the govt is its electorate... however, like the govt, the club acts on our behalf and uses their best judgement.

My comment was that we members are the club and part of our money is what the club is using. Selective quoting or not.

• Like 1

My comment was that we members are the club and part of our money is what the club is using. Selective quoting or not.

Did I say anywhere that that was not so? In fact, I said precisely that... that we give our money to the club and trust them to use it well. That doesn't mean we should expect a public thank you from Jurrah, or a public apology from Scully or anything else... that is between him and the team/admin.

• Like 1

Did I say anywhere that that was not so? In fact, I said precisely that... that we give our money to the club and trust them to use it well. That doesn't mean we should expect a public thank you from Jurrah, or a public apology from Scully or anything else... that is between him and the team/admin.

I will selectively quote you just to show you where you did say that:

"the CLUB has poured the money into LJ, NOT we members"

The public apology bit was not what I was commenting on.

But I digress. Back to the thread...

I will selectively quote you just to show you where you did say that:

"the CLUB has poured the money into LJ, NOT we members"

-- and to put it in context: we give our money to the club in good faith expecting them to use it wisely; --

Give it a rest mate. LJ paid for his own legal representation. Do your research.

Doubt it mate.

LJ wouldn't have a pot to pee in if we dropped him like a hot cake after "the incident ".

Research what? The LJ Story?

Why defend him-its all we've done for a year .

Irrespective of who paid for representation ( and I seriously doubt it was LJ, but thats a personal aside ) Who paid for the time and associated costs of MFC personnel accompanying him etc. The club put a lot of time and effort ( cost money ) in shoring him up.

all for ???

• Like 1

Thought you didn't like selective quoting?

Don't get angry mate. Read back and chill out. Peace.

Thought you didn't like selective quoting?

Don't get angry mate. Read back and chill out. Peace.

Then stop defending this parasite.

Doubt it mate.

LJ wouldn't have a pot to pee in if we dropped him like a hot cake after "the incident ".

Doubt? You don't know? Guess work? Some of your finest.

I was not defending him (read back and you'll see I do not) - simply correcting misinformation. He paid for his representation.

Irrespective of who paid for representation ( and I seriously doubt it was LJ, but thats a personal aside ) Who paid for the time and associated costs of MFC personnel accompanying him etc. The club put a lot of time and effort ( cost money ) in shoring him up.

all for ???

Agreed.

Doubt it mate.

What difference does that make? You defend your own. He is not our own NOW but he was.

What difference does that make? You defend your own. He is not our own NOW but he was.

I dont beleive anyone would argue the notion of defending ones own. But there is a cost and effort. This seems to go unacknowledged by not only many who arent Melbourne but even amongst our numbers.

Its all goes to the idea that we ( the club ) did indeed invest of itself and arguably above its normal requirements in order to meet the situation as it evolved.

To have any suggest we didnt is not only a blatant lie, its bordering on libelous. To add insult to this would it would seem we have no public acknowledgement by the party(s) concerned that this was indeed the case.

Ill be very kind here and suggest thats simply not fair. In reality we ( the club ) were put in an almost untenable position yet we stood firm and thick with Liam and wore more than a fair share of mud for it all. Still do.

Then after all this its , oh yeah...im off..cya

That quite frankly is f*#ked !!!

Whats happened has happened. So be it. Its whats happening now !!

• Like 1

Only the rest of us don't publish our self-indulgent crap and pass ourselves of as authors.

The Liam Jurrah Story ... Give us a spell.

4515 posts........Give us a spell. Please.

Edited by binman

Then after all this its , oh yeah...im off..cya

Do you seriously think it's that simple? Put yourself in his position and then see where your priorities lie. It's easy for us to criticise LJ simply because he didn't publicly acknowledge the MFC's assistance... but I'm pretty sure if I were in his position, the MFC might be the last thing on my mind as well. Maybe once the dust has settled and he is established with his family again, he might then make some kind of a public statement.

And for RR to criticise RudeBoy for writing that biography and question his credentials as a writer (it is in fact a well researched and well written book), is well beyond the pale... I wonder what he would have been saying if LJ was not leaving the club. Those are some mighty sour grapes you're chewing on there RR!

Which means he is free to cop whatever criticism I see fit to give him from my white suburban POV.

I hate the fact that he wasted all the effort we made for him and his people.

We make the effort to embrace LJ and he embarrasses everyone involved.

There are some important reasons behind him leaving but we need to make it known that it is NOT ok.

The point I made (was making), if somewhat circumspect was. He moved to Adleaide, pulled the plug and has left any public acknowledgements to to others.

Could not his little entourage have organised a small presser at which he thanked all and expressed his desire to concentrate on his family...yadda yadda yadda.

Given he is still a paid contracted player of the MFC he couldhave done that. Would have been the professional thing to do. Not only professional, but the more astute thing to do.

Where does this guy get a free pass to just act how he wishes.

Please dont trot out this tired...oh hes from such and such, because quite frankly im totally over that. He is still a person who should understand etiquette (most cultures revolve around etiquettes after all).

He wants himself to be treated with respect and consideration....well thats a two way street !!

Theres an expression....When in Rome, do as Romans do.

At Melbourne, we say thankyou.

• Like 1

Do you seriously think it's that simple? Put yourself in his position and then see where your priorities lie. It's easy for us to criticise LJ simply because he didn't publicly acknowledge the MFC's assistance... but I'm pretty sure if I were in his position, the MFC might be the last thing on my mind as well. Maybe once the dust has settled and he is established with his family again, he might then make some kind of a public statement.

And for RR to criticise RudeBoy for writing that biography and question his credentials as a writer (it is in fact a well researched and well written book), is well beyond the pale... I wonder what he would have been saying if LJ was not leaving the club. Those are some mighty sour grapes you're chewing on there RR!

I never liked the idea of that book and said so early on. Waayyyy too early and clearly had a negative impact on the guy and those in his orbit, elevating him to un-earned saint like status which clearly affected the way he was viewed by friends and enemies alike.And not in a good way. It was unecessary, premature and frankly exploitative.

What's "beyond the pale" is some posters' willingness to have the club taken advantage of, or as Biffen says 'embarrassed', yet still continue to make apologies for the bloke doing the shafting!

Some of the issues here are probably irreconcilable because they cross against two different cultures that in many respects are irreconcilable.

That's how it is and we're expecting too much if we want a thank you from someone who comes from a culture where the concept simply does not exist. That doesn't necessarily mean that Liam's not grateful for his time at the club and the lengths that people have gone to in order to help him.

As for the expression, "When in Rome, do as Romans do", we might want to ponder about who was here in this land when white man first settled here and whether they did as the (local) Romans do at that time.

we're expecting too much if we want a thank you from someone who comes from a culture where the concept simply does not exist.

Yeah, I see your point.

Maybe it would've been better for us to just not help Liam and let him sort his own problems out while he was at the club.

We could then have just said to him ..."well, we don't help others who are in trouble in our culture" ... "you're expecting too much if you need our support".