FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

Whenever I do our best side in my head as we move forward I never include him.

Not surprised and not overly disappointed. Unless he gets fit and learns how to develop a defensive side to his game he won't live up to his potential.

I've moved on already.

• Like 6

meh... I thought he was a solid candidate for delisting anyway. I am sad that it ended like this though.

A breathtaking talent that only ever played the game on his own terms. An approach that won't get you far in 2012 and beyond.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who feels a sense of relief along with the disappointment?

am I allowed to add annoyance ?? :huh:
  • Like 1

Guest bluey

Is he contracted? If so the club should play hard ball and insist on a trade.

Ha Ha, The MFC will probably payout his contract, he wil have to buy his own jacket and tie for his next appearance before his worship.

Guest bluey

What i find equally disturbing, is that whilst every other media outlet in town is reporting on Jurrah leaving us, there is not even anything mentioned on the mfc website.

Once again, if you want to know anything MFC related, melbournefc.com.au is the last place to let you know. Pathetic.

Boy we really know how to look after our supporters don't we!

They are only interested in the big shots donating money.
  • Like 1

What makes you think they know officially DD?

Might have just gone straight to the press by his agent.

We did not know he was going to Adelaide until he was there.

Did not know he was eddies show until he popped up.

There is a trend here

Apparantely we did know, because when asked to confirm by the Herald Sun, we said that what has transpired was expected.

But even so, it has now been 90 minutes since the sotry broke that LJ has quit the club, i would have thought it doesn't take that long for the club to clarify and post something on the official MFC website. This is not the first time, many times actually, where melbournefc.com.au is the last place to inform melbourne supporters on certain things concerning the MFC.

I just think it's an extremely poor effort to keep its members informed, seeing how we are trying to become 'elite' in everything we do, HA.

Is he looking to play AFL..or SANFL ?? out of dimishing interest

I wonder if he jumped or was pushed. Seems very strange that after everything the Club has done for him, he would just walk out and say he wants to play in SA. You'd think he would have gone to the Club confidentially and allowed them to try to trade with one of the SA Clubs which would have got us something. But by walking out like this he has made sure we get nothing.

I can't imagine Adelaide going after him with the state their list is in. Port might but given the court case you'd think the best they would do is the rookie draft with special dispensation from the AFL that they can drop him from the list if he goes to jail.

Not strange that he wants to go to Adelaide. It's where his mob is.

Can't see RR's Magpie outcome happening.

It's a blow for us, a big one.

And to those who were wondering, he was paying for his own legal case, we were not backing it.

Also, we won't get much for him if anything at all. Who is going to trade for a bloke facing a possible, (but unlikely) jail sentence?

But be warned, I hear there is WORSE TO COME.

Edited by pitmaster

Apparantely we did know, because when asked to confirm by the Herald Sun, we said that what has transpired was expected.

But even so, it has now been 90 minutes since the sotry broke that LJ has quit the club, i would have thought it doesn't take that long for the club to clarify and post something on the official MFC website. This is not the first time, many times actually, where melbournefc.com.au is the last place to inform melbourne supporters on certain things concerning the MFC.

I just think it's an extremely poor effort to keep its members informed, seeing how we are trying to become 'elite' in everything we do, HA.

OK DD.

I suspect that after all his troubles in 2011 CS does nothing with the Press without board approval.

That seemed to be the case with the Tanking story.

I suspect the same today, it will be the Chairman that comments.

As disappointed as anyone but this is about a young man's life in circumstances most of us cannot even imagine.

I wish him well.

As for RR, what a disgrace.

The implied suggestion that Rude boy has plotted for Liam to be at Collingwood is just offensive and frankly RR should apologise.

Rudeboy has never let his allegiance to Collingwood stand before his allegiance to Liam. The MFC has been the beneficiary of Rudeboy's integrity.

• Like 4

As disappointed I am for us, I have to respect Liam for his decision to put his family first.

He has thrown his footy career and all the wealth and prestige that came with that onto thin ice with this decision.

He may not get picked up by an Adelaide club and ever play AFL again. Kudos

Liam gave us some wonderful moments , and we dared to believe .

Supporters of the MFC by now should be used to this , which doesnt make it any easier though to deal with

Basically this Club is on the ropes as far as its on ground endeavours are concerned at present .

I still hold out great hopes for Neild but unless we can get some quality players we will go no where .

Liam was a quality player but in saying that he has also turned out to be a liability

Maybe in reality this is all for the best . The MFC will be able to get on with developing a list and getting some good players hopefully and the team as a whole will not be distracted by a player facing criminal charges which have yet to be dealt with leading up to the commencement of a new season . .

The MFC has to dig deep and get on with the job and we as supporters once again will also have to dig deep. It seems we are always being tested

I look at the Legacy Jim left us. If we are to remember Jims sacrifices and his love for the club we all must believe that this club will eventually overcome the trials that are constantly put in our path.

The MFC will bounce back , its not a matter of if, but rather a matter of when. I have to believe that, otherwise my many years as a supporter of the MFC and the emmotional rollercoaster ride I have been on being a supporter of this club would mean little .

The day we do eventually win a GrandFinal will only be that much sweeter , and the likes of Jurrah and others who let our club down will only be able to watch on and wish that they still did belong to that club or where connected to it, my only hope is that I am around to see that happen.

• Like 1

Not strange that he wants to go to Adelaide. It's where his mob is.

Can't see RR's Magpie outcome happening.

It's a blow for us, a big one.

And to those who were wondering, he was paying for his own legal case, we were not backing it.

Also, we won't get much for him if anything at all. Who is going to trade for a bloke facing a possible, (but unlikely) jail sentence?

Are you referring to the Tanking story?

I was wondering when that was going to hit.

I have said all along I will be surprised if we escape.

Sink the boots into the Club, nicely done.

Probably just as pizzed off as us by this announcement. I couldnt give a [censored] what the Club has to say about this, what's done has been done. A pissy presser by the Club isn't going to change what's been done.

am I allowed to add annoyance ?? :huh:

If you like, bb, but I'm not annoyed. And as time is passing, the disappointment is passing and the relief is kicking in. The last two (pre-)seasons have been filled with horrible distractions - Scully, Jurrah, EnergyWatch, all this shite. In my mind this was destined to be another one with the Jurrah court case looming. As I said, I held out no hope that there was a good outcome for the MFC for this anyway - worst case he went to jail, best case he joined the club already well in to the season post trial, and how long though till the next family disaster?

For me, this is a burden lifted. In 2013, we might actually get to focus on footy first for the first time in a couple of years. I bloody hope so, anyway.

• Like 1

FFS we cant take a trick.. Liam Jurrah could've been anything.. and the MFC was prepared to get him there.. I think this is a big slap in the face.. FWIW .. good luck to liam and his family.. But seriously.. let the fortunes turn our way for once.. please!!

I may be jumping the gun....or the shark here but has he just up and left ? I have no dount hes in a mess of a situation but quite frankly its not of our doing...its all his doing. The club put a lot of time and resources and patience into this lad to say nothing of the extenuating understanding.

So we get nada ? Has he walked, or is he going to allow us the decencyof utilising a trade option ?

I wont apologise if I seem a little cold .Im not insensitive to his situation but is all seems one way to me...bugger that ...sorry thats just rubbish.

• Like 1

Your "worse" and my "worse" may be polls apart.

Jurrah was as soft as butter. And I'm not just saying it now, I've said it heaps of times. I don't see Jurrah standing up in the red hot cauldron of a final. He hated intense physical pressure exerted on him.

I'd prefer Rivers to stay, but don't see much of an issue if he goes.

There's not one player that is currently not signed that I'd be disappointed about losing. So I don't see things getting any worse.

• Like 1