Oliver Wines

PartyTimeJohnny

Guest José Mourinho

Even on just those highlights I saw him get first dibs on the footy a few times.

Definitely an inside mid who keeps running to receive after initiating the ball movement.

Quality.

Whereas a few days ago I thought Wines was a lock if we wanted him, I am now not so sure. GWS has thrown a cat among the pigeons, with their offer of trading early picks.

I don't think much will happen with that offer, as they will want stars from other clubs and it may be all show for the AFL, to demonstrate that they were willing to get older players, as the AFL intended, but that deals couldn't be done.

However if they do manage a trade of picks 2 or 3 that may change the dynamic. While I am confident GWS would take Grundy and maybe Plowman or Toumpas, that might not happen if another club gets one of those picks.

Interesting times ahead.

I sense that if Ollie is there at 4 hes ours. As though some sort of compact exists

• Like 1

If we get Wines it will absolutely make this the best draft ever for us, if he goes before we have the chance then Toumpas if available or O'Rourke.

You would think that GWS would take Grundy in first 3, or at least I hope..

Whitfield Grundy and Toumpas... Leaving Wines for us..

Would you take Ball Judd or hodge? If all the reports are somewhat true and these new draftee's are nearly as good as being discussed and reach there potential it won't matter much will it?

I think some may well be overlooking the synergy that a Wines-Viney teaming brings. These guys will feed off of each other. The way two tied competitors do, each trying to out do the other, a game within a game, the winner ? US !!

I think some may well be overlooking the synergy that a Wines-Viney teaming brings. These guys will feed off of each other. The way two tied competitors do, each trying to out do the other, a game within a game, the winner ? US !!

and chemistry, something that I cant remember our team ever having

Trengove and Tappscott were meant to bring the same energy...hasn't really happend that way.

At the end of the day these boys are good mates.

think youll find there something more with Wines-Viney. Time will tell of course

at the end of the day they are both fiercely competitive. :)

Trengove and Tappscott were meant to bring the same energy...hasn't really happend that way.

How often has Trengove and Tapscott been in the center square together on a bounce, or even been played on the same side of the field

Andrew McLeod hated one teamate (can't think of his name) but they both played very good football together

If we get Wines it will absolutely make this the best draft ever for us, if he goes before we have the chance then Toumpas if available or O'Rourke.

Agree the 2012 vintage "Oliver Wines" would fit very well into the MFC. If he went earlier, then O"Rourke or Toumpas would be handy acquisitions.

Trenners has been injured for most of the season and Tappy has had his share of injury problems too, so hopefully with the pair being injury free next year we may start to see the best of them. Tappy is hardly mentioned on here and it's mainly because he had that hip injury and several problems afterwards; he's a quality footballer and sometimes we forget that.

• Like 1

Trenners has been injured for most of the season and Tappy has had his share of injury problems too, so hopefully with the pair being injury free next year we may start to see the best of them. Tappy is hardly mentioned on here and it's mainly because he had that hip injury and several problems afterwards; he's a quality footballer and sometimes we forget that.

He had a great 1st quarter on the half forward line, against Adelaide in round 21.

I am yet to be sold on Tappy, i think he gets away with alot more than say Gysberts just because he has the size imo, he has not had the games Gysberts has while in the side imo.

I am yet to be sold on Tappy, i think he gets away with alot more than say Gysberts just because he has the size imo, he has not had the games Gysberts has while in the side imo.

He needs a solid, uninterrupted, pre season, if you recall he was running laps with the rehab group for much of the last pre season and didn't get in to the main bunch until very late in the process.

I think he will be very good and I don't think we've seen anywhere the best so far; the difference between him and Gys is that he wants to do the hard yards and Gys doesn't appear to. I hope that Gys will stay and start to get his act together because he could be a valuable member of the side.