Tick tock tick tock... Neeld has 16 matches to improve

bandicoot

Neeld has up until round 10 next year to improve this side otherwise there is no way his contract will be extended.

At this rate there is a distinct possibility that we will only win 1 or 2 games in the first half of 2013.

If this is the case 'sayonara' Neeld. Even the most inept board will not stick the course with you.

Please don't give me the "he needs time to change the culture" or "we need to start recruiting from scratch"... None of the top clubs would except this mediocre performance.

The clock is ticking. any suggested replacements?

• Like 1

Much like how after round two, we were going to win zero games for the year, presumably. Then we rolled Essendon - whoops!

Everything always looks so much worse after a loss. Forget about predicting what's going to happen early next season, there's a buttload of water to pass under the bridge before we get there.

• Like 4

The heat does seem to come on poorly-performing coaches at about the halfway point of the season. It grows week by week until either an inspiring win (a la Ratten this season) or the axe falls.

If there is no improvement from the current level of performance, it will be inevitable. There should be improvement, but there had better be.

l reckon he get's all of next year but if there's no improvement, out he goes, can't put up with this shyte much longer

Much like how after round two, we were going to win zero games for the year, presumably. Then we rolled Essendon - whoops!

Everything always looks so much worse after a loss. Forget about predicting what's going to happen early next season, there's a buttload of water to pass under the bridge before we get there.

give us a break mate , you can't possibly see any good out of this year!!

I was very much aware that a new coach takes a season to bed in.I was staggered that clubs like the MFC even Essenden were so far off the pace re fitness and strenght.

Surely these two non negotiables can't be blamed on lack of resources?What has been happening at the football club that these key elements are so sorely lacking,when they a free to obtain?

• Like 1

Guest KingDingAling

Mark Neeld is doing a fantastic job.

Have a look at our list atm and tell me if any coach in the league would do better with it!

When you got blokes like Clark, Jurrah, Watts out, Jamar becoming shot overnight,

the loss of Scully, our lack of depth and Trengove turning into a spud,

then its no surpise that we are struggling.

We will be right next year and I think we'll be BIG improvers, Neeld has my support

and I think he is doing a remarkable job for what we have out there.

• Like 4

His inability to compete with the players he has available to him is real worry. So far been able to reduce the capabilities of the list.

The argument that he doesn't have the best list in footy misses the point....power clubs build ability into all their players....not just the handful of stars.

We are going the other way atm.....reducing the guys that we had hopes pinned on to plodders...Neeld deserves time to get it right but his side needs to be showing a lot more by mid next season or his performance needs to be reviewed by those that matter

Neeld's challenge will come at the end of the year. Hope he dosen't hold on to the same players and make the same mistakes as the previous coach. Petterd, Bate, Dunn, Bennell and the rest of the players that have no ability to play midfield roles hopefully have one foot out the door.

Feel of Neeld, he has the worst midfield around. Drafted Tynan and Taggert - one game between them. Gysberts also has been in rehab all year.Reigning best and fairest has been poor all year and Sylvia broke his back on the eve of the season. I'd say free agents signing at their current clubs, so it will be back to the draft. Viney will probably start round one, possibly with picks three and four. Either way a whole new midfield mix for next year.

Neeld has been in the job since September. Giving him ultimatums, or deadlines at this stage is nonsense. Like all coaches he will have to perform. So far I'd say all we have learned is we have a list of players, a lot of whom are not up to it or injured at the moment.

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

I seriously question the intelligence of anyone who thinks that Neeld should have done better to date.

Mind boggling to see some of the unrealistic expectations some have.

Where on earth was this improvement supposed to come from?

Why is pertinent evidence consistently ignored?

For a supposedly higher class of supporter that MFC has, some certainly are absolute planks.

• Like 7

Neeld has up until round 10 next year to improve this side otherwise there is no way his contract will be extended.

At this rate there is a distinct possibility that we will only win 1 or 2 games in the first half of 2013.

If this is the case 'sayonara' Neeld. Even the most inept board will not stick the course with you.

Please don't give me the "he needs time to change the culture" or "we need to start recruiting from scratch"... None of the top clubs would except this mediocre performance.

The clock is ticking. any suggested replacements?

More like tick tock tick tock for at least 7-8 players. Neeld and co are doing well with limited players particularly given our injury list
  • Like 1

Guest KingDingAling

I seriously question the intelligence of anyone who thinks that Neeld should have done better to date.

For a supposedly higher class of supporter that MFC has, some certainly are absolute planks.

I agree, I dont think theres much Neeld could've done.

Sylvia's been injured, Davey poor, Jamar down on form - injured.

Has changed Moloneys game and its not his fault Moloney can't adapt.

Clark injured.

Watts injured.

Jurrah injured.

How are we supposed to show dramatic improvement with our list getting worse by the week.

Mark Neeld is doing a fantastic job.

Have a look at our list atm and tell me if any coach in the league would do better with it!

When you got blokes like Clark, Jurrah, Watts out, Jamar becoming shot overnight,

the loss of Scully, our lack of depth and Trengove turning into a spud,

then its no surpise that we are struggling.

We will be right next year and I think we'll be BIG improvers, Neeld has my support

and I think he is doing a remarkable job for what we have out there.

Bailey did better and I didn't rate him too highly what does that tell you?

Some of you guys must be on drugs!!!! Agree have a look at our ordinary list, we have no depth and our depth just isn't up to it. We have maybe 3 decent midfielders which puts us as the WORST midfield in the comp. Neelds hands are tied until season end when he and the club can make some big changes.

I like many of us would love to get our handson both Craig Cameron and Barry Prendegast for this ordinary list they both have assembled. Players like Bail, Dunn,Bate,Morton,Bennell,Spencer.

Malthouse, Roos and Sanderson couldn't do much with this mob. If Neeld coached the Crows he would be winning like they are now. Crows are good blokes like Thompson Dangerfield Walker Tippett etc.

• Like 3

I reckon 99% of the Bailey support was predicated on the idea that "games together" with "talented players" would be all that was required. That approach has since been shown to be fundamentally flawed. Just letting those players have fun together (no hard training) and play with flair (no matchday kpi's) was all that Bailey ever did. He was a terrible COACH, and faith in Neeld should not deemed misplaced simply because of the mistakes of his predecessor.

Edited by Chook
  • Like 5

The problem is we heard the same thing with Bailey at the start. We've been burnt before, people have good reason to question where the club is heading (and I like Neeld).

I agree Clint. Neeld is a whipping boy for the ineptitude of the MFC across the board. He deserves a chance but he has to be held accountable for what is happening with what he's got.

(I also hate how often he dwells on positives in the presser now. Nobody believes it and it just looks really disingenuous).

• Like 1

very funny piece of satire there. you almost had me fooled hose :wacko:

LOL As West Coast & Carlton are currently showing you can't beat injuries. Worst side for the year yesterday what do you expect

Fair dinkum , how many knee jerk reaction threads are we going to have to put up with.

Does no one save a few here understand the process and timelines involved ?

I reckon the MFC-shop oughth to sell red and blue razor blades........ make a f'n fortune they would with much of following here.

Get a grip people there was NEVER going to be an overnight , wave-of-the-magic-wand type re-invention of the team. It will take 2-3 seasons. Strangely thats his contract too..Who'd da thunk !!

• Like 3