• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tick tock tick tock... Neeld has 16 matches to improve

bandicoot

The idea was right for Collingwood in 2010. It is a solid plan but it's clearly not built on anything we have. That's why the draft and trading period is a great indicator of the goal. If we go after bigger bodies the club and coach are aware of the need for short term accountability. If they don't get what they want or go young then I fear for Neeld in the current climate.

So go back to the easy road that won't get us anywhere?

I seriously question the intelligence of anyone who thinks that Neeld should have done better to date.

Mind boggling to see some of the unrealistic expectations some have.

Where on earth was this improvement supposed to come from?

Why is pertinent evidence consistently ignored?

For a supposedly higher class of supporter that MFC has, some certainly are absolute planks.

Are you living in an alternate universe? "Mind boggling that we thought Melbourne would do better"

We won 8.5 games last year with a worse side. Seems like you are the plank on these forums.

• Like 1

Some of you guys must be on drugs!!!! Agree have a look at our ordinary list, we have no depth and our depth just isn't up to it. We have maybe 3 decent midfielders which puts us as the WORST midfield in the comp. Neelds hands are tied until season end when he and the club can make some big changes.

I like many of us would love to get our handson both Craig Cameron and Barry Prendegast for this ordinary list they both have assembled. Players like Bail, Dunn,Bate,Morton,Bennell,Spencer.

Malthouse, Roos and Sanderson couldn't do much with this mob. If Neeld coached the Crows he would be winning like they are now. Crows are good blokes like Thompson Dangerfield Walker Tippett etc.

A good coach like Paul Roos would have taken our 'Ted Richards and Shaws' and made something of them.

Which players that played under bailey have improved this year? Watts?

A good coach like Paul Roos would have taken our 'Ted Richards and Shaws' and made something of them.

Which players that played under bailey have improved this year? Watts?

You are an absolute fool to think that sweeping change will yield success in 16 games. Just mind-bogglingly stupid.

If I quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Neeld has mentally and spiritually destroyed this team. He is the worst coach that MFC has had. His performance is so terrible that it may even result in the sacking of scwab and mclardy.

What a joke of a coaching selection, what a disgrace of a first years tenure, neeld has been given enough of a chance, let's replace him, schwab and mclardy at seasons end.

Changing the culture requires changing the key power brokers. 2012 gone.

Totally agree... It's time the members took a stand. NO MORE SETTLING WITH MEDIOCRATY.

Imagine this happened at Collingwood or other top clubs.

If we are 1 and 9 by round 10 next year it's time for the members to step and and demand a change.

I am sick and tired of settling for under performance. DEMAND BETTER

Why does anyone thiink there is some sort of instant bloody fix to anything. ??

ffs..Weve been crap for almost a decade again. The rot has been well and truly set in but some folk still think you can gloss over all this with some sort of lick and promise and presto..ALL fixed..ultra competitve !!

get real..itll take another year or two befoer were dead set happening

• Like 1

Some of you are deadset delirious.!I love the fact you guys keep going over us winning 8.5 games last year, big deal? As Cam Mooney said on SEN a few weeks back, if bailey stayed coach we would of kept winning 8 odd games every year for 10 years, where does that get you? You fans just have to cop the fact the Bailey era was a complete waste of time and season 2012 is a complete restart and the magic aint gonna happen overnight. Is Neeld the right man? Way too early to tell, but all I know is a lot of premiership coaches started their first coaching season in a similar matter and we just have to be patient.

• Like 9

So go back to the easy road that won't get us anywhere?

Calm down and actually read what I said.

Where did I say that? I actually said it was a solid plan. We just have no midfield to execute it. Some people on here want to rush to attack or defend a game plan that I don't think we've really seen executed. So all we can take from that is that we can't evaluate the coach yet (which is fortunate for him as we've looked terrible).

I don't get beating him up but I also hate the blind faith. You get faith when you show something to deserve it.

Guys it is the cattle.

JC could not get a better result from this lot.

Almost everything has been changed over the last couple of years except the playing group.

WE do not have the players the score board does not lie.

• Like 1

I get really frustrated by people looking for a quick fix. We have tried that many times before and it always ended up in tears. For those who think we did better under Bailey they are obviously easily satisfied. As one poster pointed out as Cam Mooney said, if we had kept with him we probably would have won another 8 games this year, next year and the one after...but by then the club would have sunk into oblivion and probably receivership which would have forced a merger or worse.

This is a desperate time, in spite of our reasonable financial position right now.

We don't have the cattle on the park to get us where we "need" to be - it has moved on from where we "want" to be.

Our recruiting both at draft and "experienced" player levels at the end of this season is vital.

Vital, not so we supporters can walk into the office on Monday morning next year and know that we are not having to fend off the "hopeless" mantle we have.

But more so the club is set up to make a proper tilt not just at winning a few games each year (and being boys who tried - and failed), but also those flags we so desperately have been missing.

When I started following Melbourne in the late 50s (in last century's, VFL comp), Hawthorn had still not won a flag. Nor, had North Melbourne or even St.Kilda. And back then, we were the only "serious" contenders to Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon as a competition powerhouse.

It was more than hubris and the "curse of Norm Smith".

We hung on to our glorious past (an sometimes players) and the ways of running a club, for too long.

If winning a few games every year, is all you want, I can't wait for the day when you opt out and follow another club.

Meanwhile, I figure I've waited nearly 50 years...I have enough faith in what is being done at this time, to hang on a bit longer.

• Like 9

Totally agree... It's time the members took a stand. NO MORE SETTLING WITH MEDIOCRATY.

Imagine this happened at Collingwood or other top clubs.

If we are 1 and 9 by round 10 next year it's time for the members to step and and demand a change.

I am sick and tired of settling for under performance. DEMAND BETTER

I really have a problem with this 'accepting mediocrity' nonsense simply because I don't want to remove a coach less than a year into his 3 year contract and when I can see what he is trying to implement with a team that simply isn't good enough.

We are not a good team - I want to improve our team and our club but this isn't as easy as removing a head coach - it's deeper than that.

It's about finally putting some money into the sports science side of footy that the best teams are way ahead of us in and that is where the game is won and lost in today. We need to get our blokes bigger through the hips and arse without losing their speed, and we need to let those talented youngsters we have get the most of themselves instead of letting talent go to waste.

• Like 5

NO MORE SETTLING WITH MEDIOCRATY.

Oh, and should I give a massive beat down because 'mediocrity' is misspelled or is that bad?

I've actually fallen in love with the word 'mediocraty'. It sounds exactly like what you get when everyone gets a vote in a democratic sense regardless of knowledge base. There's a great deal of 'mediocratic' thinking around here at the moment. ;-)

• Like 2

Guest José Mourinho

Neeld has mentally and spiritually destroyed this team. He is the worst coach that MFC has had. His performance is so terrible that it may even result in the sacking of scwab and mclardy.

What a joke of a coaching selection, what a disgrace of a first years tenure, neeld has been given enough of a chance, let's replace him, schwab and mclardy at seasons end.

You're an absolute classic!

You're an absolute classic!

Correct!

The duck I see in front of me has finally woken up from nearly 50 years of "mediocraty" and realized that unless he gets a move on and changes into something else he'll soon be hanging at the front of the Chinese Restaurant.

So, when we finally have a chance of avoiding being part of a Chinese banquet, you want to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" ?

I prefer that expression rather than yours..."quack, quack" !!

Edited by BangkokDemon

Melbourne supporters are truly a rare breed.

Do you no longer care about winning? Do you not care that your club is a complete laughing stock of the competition.

For far too long we have settled with underperforming players and coaches and did not learn to chop them off at the right time.

I'm not saying the right time to get rid of Neeld is now however if we are in the same sorry state this time next year then ill be the first one calling for his dismissal.

Neeld will be given some KPI's next year and if they are not met then his position will be on shaky ground.

You obviously didn't live through Denis Jones's coaching

- loved him as a player, but his coaching

Do you no longer care about winning? Do you not care that your club is a complete laughing stock of the competition.

For far too long we have settled with underperforming players and coaches and did not learn to chop them off at the right time.

I'm not saying the right time to get rid of Neeld is now however if we are in the same sorry state this time next year then ill be the first one calling for his dismissal.

Neeld will be given some KPI's next year and if they are not met then his position will be on shaky ground.

So why did you start this thread, if you are prepared to wait until this time next year?

Every supporter is concerned about our lack of success this year.

But, I doubt any of us really understood just what a mess we were in regards to the players coaching staff and facilities.

Many seemed to think that the "magic wand" waved over the club by Jimmy and co would bring us immediate success.

That was just the start.

Edited by BangkokDemon
  • Like 1

IMO

Some of you are deadset delirious.!I love the fact you guys keep going over us winning 8.5 games last year, big deal? As Cam Mooney said on SEN a few weeks back, if bailey stayed coach we would of kept winning 8 odd games every year for 10 years, where does that get you? You fans just have to cop the fact the Bailey era was a complete waste of time and season 2012 is a complete restart and the magic aint gonna happen overnight. Is Neeld the right man? Way too early to tell, but all I know is a lot of premiership coaches started their first coaching season in a similar matter and we just have to be patient.

"The Bailey era was a complete waste of time"

Yeah well I agree, somewhat, BUT I'll ask the question.... Did the same administration who put Bailey at the helm ah also put Neeld in the senior role...or am I missing something here??

IMO, We should have gone all out for an experienced Premiership coach and thrown everything at him and yes I'm talking Malthouse Or Roos and offered truckloads to get them here....I would have even have considered Pagan...

Mediocrity? yeah I can spell it and I can also spell Illusion....!

Something Bailey and Neeld et al, have been good at selling our current administration some might/would say..

Time for a new ruthlessness I feel..,No more techno this plan that plan, might work at Collingwood, and other places but as assistants go anyone can talk the talk, in an assistant role, but to take on the main role is something else and I aint seen any walk the walk>> Have you??

Im tired of two- three year fitness plans bulltish, and small but ultimately insignificant gains.

IMV Time to weld the AXE big time No more excuses no more crap

Get real or face oblivion..!! Cheezus 48 years and counting... in the wilderness.

Time to beam me up Scotty!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

I don't see the great desire to have a slightly more offensive coach in or Bailey in just so we can win these sh!tty little games against PA and have 3 more wins than we would have.

Why is that so seductive to people?

Does anyone here think we have the players to threaten the 8?

• Like 1

"The Bailey era was a complete waste of time"

Yeah well I agree, somewhat, BUT guess what.... that same administration who put Bailey at the helm ah also put Neeld in the senior role...

Hello, are we missing something here??

You are.

Stynes led his revolution in 08, Bailey was hired by the Gardner board.

So Schwab and McLardy don't have that issue to contend with in the blame game you want to play.

• Like 1

Putting Neeld under pressure for his job is pre mature, but he has been under whelming so far.and needs to lift.

I expect to see individual development. Why has Trengove gone backwards and Dangerfield is excelling under a coach who was seen as Neelds equal/contemporary. I have seen some development in some players, but overall too many have gone backwards

I expect to see a better defensive plan. We are too easily scored against and are unable to stop the flow of better teams (this includes lowly teams like Bris etc).

I also expect to see a better offensive game plan that alows a spread and creativity within individuals. Neeld always said we could be offensive and there is a need to be better defensively. I'm seeing neither at this stage. Only patches too far in between.

I want better skills. We now have the resources!!! its not too much to ask with 7 coaches!!!

I dont except that we dont have the cattle. Neeld took us on knowing what he would get. He should enhance our players and club, not hide behind excuses. Nor should supporters. the Swans make the most of their abilities why shouldnt we!