Demonology Revival

As foreshadowed previously, a meeting is being organised of persons interested in getting Demonology back in action for Saturday evening at the Bentleigh Club in conjunction with the viewing of the Melbourne v Port Adelaide game.

Those people who are interested can join George On the Outer and myself at the Bentleigh Club at 6:30 (one hour before the telecast begins). We will try to get a table for a bite to eat and hopefully will be able to go through the various options. Please advise if you want to join us.

The meeting has the approval of Demonology owner Tim Stanes and hopefully, he will be able to make it on the night.

From Match Day Information Round 17

MatchDayinformationRound17M%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy.jpg

Match Day Information Round 17

Round 17

Melbourne v Port Adelaide

TIO Stadium (home game)

Saturday 21 July, 7.10 pm

Bentleigh Club

Watch the game on the big screen at the Bentleigh Club with fellow Melbourne supporters this Saturday. Bar snacks, meals and raffles will be available.

As foreshadowed previously, a meeting is being organised of persons interested in getting Demonology back in action for Saturday evening at the Bentleigh Club in conjunction with the viewing of the Melbourne v Port Adelaide game.

Those people who are interested can join George On the Outer and myself at the Bentleigh Club at 6:30 (one hour before the telecast begins). We will try to get a table for a bite to eat and hopefully will be able to go through the various options. Please advise if you want to join us.

The meeting has the approval of Demonology owner Tim Stanes and hopefully, he will be able to make it on the night.

From Match Day Information Round 17

MatchDayinformationRound17M%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy.jpg

Match Day Information Round 17

Round 17

Melbourne v Port Adelaide

TIO Stadium (home game)

Saturday 21 July, 7.10 pm

Bentleigh Club

Watch the game on the big screen at the Bentleigh Club with fellow Melbourne supporters this Saturday. Bar snacks, meals and raffles will be available.

Thats fantastic Jack. I can't make it this weekend atmo. I'll be up the country.

Please keep us informed, & if there's anything we can do to help. I'm fairly useless with IT. Maybe there's other things I could help with or be taught to do.

Demonology stuff aside, do many members / supporters go to Bentleigh Club to watch MFC games ?

I don't have Fox and usually end up in some noisy pub which does not make for great viewing conditions.

Would much prefer to watch it with a room full of Demons.

Demonology stuff aside, do many members / supporters go to Bentleigh Club to watch MFC games ?

I don't have Fox and usually end up in some noisy pub which does not make for great viewing conditions.

Would much prefer to watch it with a room full of Demons.

So we can all cry together GV?

Seriously I live on the other side of town.

I have never been there.

Interested as well in what people think of the club have we acquired anything of real worth?

The club's relationship with the Bentleigh Club goes back well over a decade. It started when Joe Gutnick was President. There were quite a few AGMs held there over the years as well.

I can remember watching a game there back in the days when Troy Broadbridge had a job behind the bar. A really lively bloke and I always think of him when I go to the BC.

The club's relationship with the Bentleigh Club goes back well over a decade. It started when Joe Gutnick was President. There were quite a few AGMs held there over the years as well.

I can remember watching a game there back in the days when Troy Broadbridge had a job behind the bar. A really lively bloke and I always think of him when I go to the BC.

Have we acquired something of real worth WJ?

Have we acquired something of real worth WJ?

In good times, the real estate has substantial intrinsic value. Then you have the buildings and the business with the pokies.

Yes, but I'm not a valuer so I couldn't put a figure on it. Check the club's balance sheet and you'll probably find it (or at least the cost price*).

* Not an accountant either.

I'm in as willing contributor to any revival but unfortunately(?) I will be in Darwin. Look forward to hearing how it goes and as an occasional visitor to BC I'll back up that it is a great little venue, but it is in a terrible location and will need to be relocated to survive and thrive, more so if the pokies ever go!

I really hope that a lack of response to this thread doesn't kill Ology for ever. I'd venture there would be hundreds (thousands?) of people out there who'd love to see it revived, but wouldn't necessary have the time, means or inclination to front up to a meeting.

Enough people have offered their resources to make it happen, just need Timmy boy to hand the keys over.

Hi WJ

Unfortunately I can't make saturday night either, I am pretty terrible with things techo wise, but I would be like to contribute a donation if that helps.

let me know if this would be of any assistance.

cheers

s81

Guest José Mourinho

I honestly don't see the need for demonology - can't anything that you'd post on there just be posted on demo land instead?

• Like 2

I honestly don't see the need for demonology - can't anything that you'd post on there just be posted on demo land instead?

totally agree

the moderation here is heavy-handed, but in every other respect it carps all over demonology. Why insist on having two factions, there is one sport, one league, one club why the f do we need 2 forums? suck it up princesses

• Like 2

totally agree

the moderation here is heavy-handed, but in every other respect it carps all over demonology. Why insist on having two factions, there is one sport, one league, one club why the f do we need 2 forums? suck it up princesses

A bit of variety is good I reckon.

There's no real issue having two sites up and running is there? Its not like one is hurting the other.

• Like 2

totally agree

If you don't want to read and post on Ology Stakka then don't. But it's no ones right to tell others what they can and can't do.

If your hyper sensitive posting style didn't cop so much crap you'd still be posting on Ology and adding to your 8000 posts.

• Like 2

It's a tribal thing Hose, doesn't have to be logical..........bit like footy or afghanistan

Yeah, it's more that.

The refugees seem willing to stay but happier to go back. Communities are intriguing things.

Hell, I would say that some of the refugees don't like rpfc - different strokes and all that...

Why insist on having two factions, there is one sport, one league, one club why the f do we need 2 forums? suck it up princesses

"Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend". (Chairman Mao)

And if you reckon the good Chairman didn't know squat about footy, he's also quoted with "Power comes out of the barrel of a Tappy torp".

Guest José Mourinho

Surely having a single forum doesn't restrict thought?

But I'm not trying to be biased to demonland, or one single forum.

It's an objective philosophical question.

Why need another forum, when there are already enough to perform the very same function?

Is it that having another forum increases the chance of posting nonsense and not having your flawed logic pointed out?

Anyway, I think DC is correct.

• Like 4

I've always enjoyed looking at both 'ology and 'land, partly because they are quite different.

Some say the mod here is too nanny-like, but I think that encourages less sniping and ridiculous posting. There tends to be more considered reasoning, it is more structured and, dare I say it, respectful. Generally, that is - many would shoot this down.

On the other hand, I have also liked 'ology for its emotion, biting humour and often obscure football related discussions. For various reasons, there is more of an almost anything goes approach. I have tried to sign up, but like many others over the years, have not been able to.

It has been great having some of the characters from 'ology migrate to 'land recently and add a large amount of spice to the discussions.

My question is, would we be diluting what has made both forums enjoyable by only having one? Or are we better off having 2 different forums, each having its own style or characteristics?

• Like 1

If you don't want to read and post on Ology Stakka then don't. But it's no ones right to tell others what they can and can't do.

If your hyper sensitive posting style didn't cop so much crap you'd still be posting on Ology and adding to your 8000 posts.

you must be joking, at the time i left there was maybe 1 quality football related post a week. There was hardly any posting at all, and most of it was ridiculous posturing and bickering by cretins. Call me crazy but I felt like actually discussing football so I came here. On second thought I hope it is revived so it protects us from the arrival of posters like Bluey, who has surfaced in the last week or so. PS you'll note the greatest post of all time is still stickied to the top of that forum so mind your manners ;)

• Like 1