Toumpas v Stringer v Wines

Guest trenners

Vlastuin and Mayes have both shown more then the Toump also.

So much for the MFC not screwing it up again.

Sorry who was in charge at the time again.

Please tell me now who we should pick up this year with our first pick instead of being a hindsight genius and shoot your mouth off next year say

I'll go on record we pick the best available and we will have at least 1 pick in the Top 4, possibly 2 but IMO we will trade that for a ready made

Best available in order of preference

Petracca

Brayshaw

Laverde

Ahern

I want one of those 4 and more than happy to trade the Frawley compensation pick if he leaves, now who should we take IYO

Sorry who was in charge at the time again.

Please tell me now who we should pick up this year with our first pick instead of being a hindsight genius and shoot your mouth off next year say

I'll go on record we pick the best available and we will have at least 1 pick in the Top 4, possibly 2 but IMO we will trade that for a ready made

Best available in order of preference

Petracca

Brayshaw

Laverde

Ahern

I want one of those 4 and more than happy to trade the Frawley compensation pick if he leaves, now who should we take IYO

Mark Neeld was in charge that year.

Id hold tight until we know what our first pick is but then if you want to pay me the tens of thousands of dollers our recruters are paid il happily tell you whoever the journalists rate.

Edited by olisik

Mark Neeld was in charge that year.

Id hold tight until we know what our first pick is.

So why do you keep referring to us screwing it up again.

Neeld is gone do you have issues with our trading and picks from last year I certainly don't

and I think take it as a given we have a pick in the Top 3, which is why I have put them in order of preference.

So why do you keep referring to us screwing it up again.

Neeld is gone do you have issues with our trading and picks from last year I certainly don't

and I think take it as a given we have a pick in the Top 3, which is why I have put them in order of preference.

Different people, same club.... and like I said if you pay me 10s of thousands of dollars to choose and I get it wrong, then you may complain just as I am.

Different people, same club.... and like I said if you pay me 10s of thousands of dollars to choose and I get it wrong, then you may complain just as I am.

You can not be serious

Schwab - Jackson

Neeld - Roos

Same club colours same name in no way are we the same side that we were in 2012/13 despite being where we currently are. Again did they get it wrong last year?

Ah yet another thread mentioning young Jimmy Toumpas? Ah what a breath of fresh air?

I hope he is recovering well from his latest setback!

Edited by picket fence

Ah yet another thread mentioning young Jimmy Toumpas? Ah what a breath of fresh air?

I hope he is recovering well from his latest setback!

If you'd bothered to look you'd realise that rather than being "yet another thread" it's one that's over 2 years old. Just that some arse-clown decided it should be bumped today. I'll bet your eyes lit up.

Nonetheless, I'm sure Jimmy would appreciate your hopes for his recovery

What's the minimum amount of players we actually need to draft, 3? It'll be Billy and two others, max.

Roos isn't going to bother with drafting kids, he'll inject every available talent from other clubs that he can, as fast as he can.

Wouldn't be crying over missing Stringer

not yet anyway.

but I think we can see we need some size & grunt in the middle, & as young Stretcher is coming, we need some hard insiders & to possibly replace Frawley with another Swingman. This is the draft to get the pieces together, to add to Tyson, & to Salem & Co.

What's the point of bringing this thread up? Obviously both of Wines and Stringer are well ahead of Toumpas.

Just more wrist slashing over something that can't be amended.

What are you talking about, wrist slashing???

some people think that anything without 'belles & whistles' must then be bad.... check your negativeness in the basket by the door if your coming in. This is about getting things into perspective, & getting them right.

look over where we missed, & look again, before selecting the ones we need this year.

Our first pick might be Billy stretch as I expect us to trade very hard

then billy won't be our first pick if we trade, because we'll most likely trade for player & a pick, X 2... otherwise if we don't trade the picks, then I want us to take Petracca.

my preference is to trade the picks, because we need 4 or 5 players from these pick/s.

the players I like are well known so I won't go over them again. but turning a possible 2 picks into 4 or 5 quality players, is my hope.

you say that like this is a new thread...

I hope we pick up Stringer and Toumpas, sounds like a better combination personally

Wines has been said to be similair to Viney.

We have plenty of grunt as it is so I would prefer to go with a combination of players who can bring different dynamics to the team.

3. Toumpas, 4. Stringer, 13. Garlett and 26 Viney for me.

Dont bother pissing around with u17's I think.

Edited by olisik, 17 July 2012 - 10:41 AM.

[censored].

I hope we pick up Stringer and Toumpas, sounds like a better combination personally

We have plenty of grunt as it is so I would prefer to go with a combination of players who can bring different dynamics to the team.

[censored].

the hero has come to town.

I dont get paid thousands to draft the right players, fair enough if I did but yeah i dont so id take 2 yr old comments with a grain of salt and not get to antsy about it.

we [censored] it up, your delusional of you think otherwise.

class act samba calling a fellow supporter a [censored].

Edited by olisik

[censored].

No need for the personal attack. Poor form

At the same time I dont see the point in this thread. Whats done is done.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

What's the minimum amount of players we actually need to draft, 3? It'll be Billy and two others, max.

Roos isn't going to bother with drafting kids, he'll inject every available talent from other clubs that he can, as fast as he can.

We have to draft kids at the top end this year, we can afford one trade if we get Frawley compo but to do otherwise would be disaster brought on by short term thinking.

The only way we will get real class is to draft it at the top end. I know this is not a popular opinion and many will point to a lot of the players we have that were first round picks that have been fails but look at Brisbane today and they are streets ahead of us at the moment. Aish, McStay, Taylor etc....

the hero has come to town.

I dont get paid thousands to draft the right players, fair enough if I did but yeah i dont so id take 2 yr old comments with a grain of salt and not get to antsy about it.

we [censored] it up, your delusional of you think otherwise.

class act samba calling a fellow supporter a [censored].

Whilst I agree with you Olisik he shouldn't have called you what he did, just goes to show drafting in hindsight is not easy.

You can pay all the money you want but it's just not an exact science if it was the clubs wouldn't get any picks wrong and the phantom drafts would be very accurate.

If you look at most clubs they have a list a mile long of draft mistakes, we just concentrate on ours because of our love for this club and our desire to get it right,

No need for the personal attack.

At the same time I dont see the point in this thread. Whats done is done.

mature people would be able to look over what they do in their recent past, to evaluate their own decisions & to take any necessary remedial actions to change for the better.

I think at this point is we need some sized players with the skills in the positions we lack; to trade them into our list from other clubs, so they have already got some work into them.

This thread is about us all hopefully recognising we need better in-unders with grunt, maybe we have some now who might develop, or might not?

And we also need runners with footskills & footy brains who can win the ball & deliver the ball & defend, wings & flanks.

the purpose isn't to have a shytefight, like some just can't cope without throwing darts at other fellow Dees people, which is disappointing but never the less I think we can go back & see our mistakes & learn.

Hardness before skill, culture before outside, etc. yes we need skills & run, but not before we have the required non-negotiables covered off, so to change this clubs outside ways, which there has been too much of in our past.

Tough hardworking players that will work their butts off for one another...

It does make interesting reading as once again it is mentioned in this thread and plenty of other threads that Toumpas was considered the pick of the 3 AT THAT TIME. Just spend a minute googling predraft articles and it is almost unanimous in the musings on who should be drafted where.

Osilik - you do have 50 cents each way - being hot to trot on Toumpas at the time and then bemoaning our recruiting when it turned out all pear shaped a few years later.

And all of those getting all excited about Gartlett - yikes.

It just shows that the draft really is somewhat of a turkey shoot and any recruit that has come in the last 5-6 years into our cesspool is behind any other recruit before he even pulls on his boots - this is something that I dearly hope Roos is fixing.

The only person who really got it spot on was C&B

"One thing is for sure, 2-3-4 years now if we have another couple of also rans there will no shortage of experts saying we 'picked the wrong blokes'. " - what a prophetic post - Hey C&B - most of the experts post on Demonland.

• Like 2

Toumpas by the length of Bourke Street.

Get him please!

Toumpas for me. Sounds like the perfect match for Viney at 3. Class and pace to go with Jacks mad attack at the footy.

If we are KOTD and Viney makes it through to the second round I'd take Toumpas and Wines.

Stringer could be a slider imo and he might still be there at our mid round compo pick but I'd take Mayes or Colquhuon before him if they were available.

i'd rate toumpas and wines over martin and hogan, and we could probably get both, but it'd be hard to be opposed to it.

Toumpas. 15 handball receives. Just the kind of player we need

Dont compain, first few posts, you all wanted him, even over Wines.