Vacancy for 2013 the number 10 jumper

Gorgoroth

NO.

I will not tolerate butchering the ball by any player when there is no pressure....i don't give a flying F&*( what draft pick they were.

It kills the team spirit...we all felt it.

Ok, so you'll be the one to tell Jack Grimes that we are de-listing him at the end of the year?? He made just as many errors.....

If you can't tolerate butchering the ball by any player, your a fan of the wrong game. Maybe chess is more for you

What frustrates me even more then his (apparent) fear and lack of intensity is the fact that so many pump him up for his "silky skills", which all too often turn out to be "silly kills". As well, the cries "give him time"! He has had already over half the average AFL career in years - how much longer do we wait for a number #4 draft pick to take a game by the balls and FCS win it!??

Like i said before, stop looking at him as a number 4 draft pick and you'll be surprised.

#whippingboy

• Like 1

6 pre-seasons into his career he's still built like Delta Goodrem.

On the other hand ... AFL footy is a hard, tough, bruising, brutal sport.

Therein lyeth the problem. And it 'aint going to change in a hurry.

somethnig so many conveniently overlook..

Hey...lets just give him the benefit of doubt and hold back judgement til his 10 preseason huh. Who knows he might start coming good by then.

Folks, this kid IS NOT a newbie...hes been around quite a while now....for what ???? all but nada ..thats what. Time to reboot that number 10

But generally I am found to be correct.

You might be able to back up that type of comment E25/Lutz/Jose if you didn’t change your username every couple of months.

IMO Cale Morton is lucky he was drafted by a weak team at #4, as he has been gifted many games as a result. He is now 22 and the “he’s still young” excuse has worn well and truly thin.

• Like 2

yes but 3 seasons ago, he was torching the ball and being smashed by Essendon Supporters.

Patience... i could be wrong but lets not hang the 22 year old who has had 3 interrupted preseasons out to dry, just as a decent fitness crew are putting muscle on him

Where? In his new Mullett?

sure this kid is playn bad but its not as if he isn't trying. I thght the dees played pretty good in the game bar the first quarter.

You got to feel for the kid a bit, imagine being booed by ur own team on the biggest game of the year after u made a blunder. I cant see anything constructive in this at all. I think he needs to be dropped but not cop the flacking some people think he deserves, its not like he is on some big coin or threatening to walk to GWS or any of that. his a loyal kid trying his best

sure this kid is playn bad but its not as if he isn't trying. I thght the dees played pretty good in the game bar the first quarter.

You got to feel for the kid a bit, imagine being booed by ur own team on the biggest game of the year after u made a blunder. I cant see anything constructive in this at all. I think he needs to be dropped but not cop the flacking some people think he deserves, its not like he is on some big coin or threatening to walk to GWS or any of that. his a loyal kid trying his best

Nice quote Os .

Fair Enough.

It's just that every team needs a whipping boy and Juice has left the building.

Morton deserves all he gets thrown at him. He is the instigator of his own situation. Its not you , I aor anyone else out there masquerading as a Cale Morton after all.

He just doesnt suit the current game, hes a flyweight in a middle/ heavyweight contest. For every 1 good thing he pulls off, he negates it with about 3 fluffs or outright clangers. Hes taken over from Bruce as the hospital pass king of the team.

We need to get damn realistic about this team and its talent ( or lack thereof ) and start addressing our needs. Time to get heads out of sand and smell the flowers, the few we have and take note of the weeds.

Unlike others I am willing to see what Cale makes of next year and this thread is a little redundant if he is contracted next year. The timing of Cale's Clangers were probably the most difficult to swallow on Monday.

FWIW Jordie McKenzie, Nathan Jones, James Frawley, Colin Garland, Brent Moloney, Mitchell Clark, Jeremy Howe, Jack Trengove, James Magner this is the list of players who have made more clangers then Cale Morton in total for the season so far.

• Like 1

Probably still just in our best 22.

Surely we all hope to just draft some better players, you know, the naturally hungry & competitive kind you don't have to wait several years to see develop. Then some of our fringeys will get squeezed out naturally.

Until then we don't have much of an option.

I spent most of my game being frustrated too, but sadly it was by more players than just Morton.

I had a bit of a yelling match with other supporters who booed him off the ground and bagged him but would never cheer his good plays.

If you are all going to hate on Morton, I hope there is a similar thread for the other 21 players who made errors all day!

Morton at least ran hard all day, got a touch in the first quarter (unlike everyone else) and did go in when required. Yes he made a huge error, yes he stood out at times, but so did everyone.

I think he has shown vast improvement this year, and he still has a way to go, but I do think Neeld is showing what he could possibly be.

We should be criticising other players who did nothing at all or made as many mistakes, just that his looked worse.

I'm open to others' opinions as long as they are intelligent and considered.

But generally I am found to be correct.

I'm yet to work out who is the bigger [censored]- you or your namesake.

It is fine that you think he belongs; good for you. If his performances you consider a pass mark that is not a worry. If you see some attributes of his to be helpful, than great. His performances however have left other supporters more than ample things to pick apart. What I disagree with is your arrogance and ascertain that you are above other posters. E63 I haven't missed you one bit.

Think you need to stop telling yourself your s**t doesn't stink.

Unlike others I am willing to see what Cale makes of next year and this thread is a little redundant if he is contracted next year. The timing of Cale's Clangers were probably the most difficult to swallow on Monday.

FWIW Jordie McKenzie, Nathan Jones, James Frawley, Colin Garland, Brent Moloney, Mitchell Clark, Jeremy Howe, Jack Trengove, James Magner this is the list of players who have made more clangers then Cale Morton in total for the season so far.

Timing is everything. Cale kicks clangers when he has space and under little pressure. That cannot be tolerated if we areto win number 13.