Mike Sheahan Article

Ouch!

I get it, the MFC is playing horribly, nothing has gone right this year.... But Mike coming out of retirement to take his chance to slag us off in media print as well?

The AFL media circus is seriously crazy at the moment, and rather than putting something out there that requires thought.... it's the cheap attacks that are akin to laying the boot into a person when they are prone on the ground that get me. Even the article today that Jolly wrote,... he was happy to slag off Melbourne when he was there, lets drag up the corpse of the past and lay the boot in that one too.

PLEASE GET A WIN SOON BOYS!!!! I just am so sick of the shite journalism rehashing the same things over and over :mad:

• Like 6

I get it, the MFC is playing horribly, nothing has gone right this year.... But Mike coming out of retirement to take his chance to slag us off in media print as well?

The AFL media circus is seriously crazy at the moment, and rather than putting something out there that requires thought.... it's the cheap attacks that are akin to laying the boot into a person when they are prone on the ground that get me. Even the article today that Jolly wrote,... he was happy to slag off Melbourne when he was there, lets drag up the corpse of the past and lay the boot in that one too.

PLEASE GET A WIN SOON BOYS!!!! I just am so sick of the shite journalism rehashing the same things over and over :mad:

Link please?

Link please?

To what? Mike Sheehan's article? it's down on the left under the "news.com.au" articles. (They are previewing the article FFS!)

Edit: arrgh down on the right sorry (thats how filthy I am.... Can't tell left from right LOL

Edited by Oucher

Oucher why did you start this tread ?

as i have said four other times in the last minute

There are 4 other threads that this subject should be part of

What gives in the last couple of weeks ever person on Demonland wants to start their own thread.

Sheahan has every right to be subjective as long as he is true to the facts, which he is.

You can't expect him to provide blind faith. His role as a commentator is to scrutinise.

He isn't wrong, based on that preview.

I'd say what he has to say has more worth than anyone else considering he's a Dees man.

Oucher why did you start this tread ?

as i have said four other times in the last minute

There are 4 other threads that this subject should be part of

What gives in the last couple of weeks ever person on Demonland wants to start their own thread.

Umm.. been checking the boards most of the day myself (work and home) If I felt that there was an appropriate thread I would have used it. My apologies for not checking and missing the last four comments you made @ approximately 7:36 when I posted this almost an hour earlier.

Next time I wish to post would you like me to ask your permission as well?

Sheahan can smell a club that's down and like the fringe bully will come in and give the club a good kick in the guts and then run like hell. He nearly single handedly kicked the Fitzroy Football club to death so like the journalistic vulture he is he'll be in for a piece of Melbourne as well.

Yeah, I saw this as well and felt it was a pretty low blow. What else can he possibly add to he debate except 'credibility' due to his standing as a retired head footy journo and a so called Melbourne man? I'll be interested to see what he says, and see how much of it is regurgitated rubbish, or whether he tries to hold some of the players to account as they should be

Sheahan can smell a club that's down and like the fringe bully will come in and give the club a good kick in the guts and then run like hell. He nearly single handedly kicked the Fitzroy Football club to death so like the journalistic vulture he is he'll be in for a piece of Melbourne as well.

Sheahan was forever taking pot-shots at us during the Northey era . Hell knows why . I have never got much out of his articles anyway .

A populist at the best of times . I reckon I could take a guess at what he's going to write tomorrow .

Historical significance stuff , long list of mistakes , future grim etc etc . Norm Smith will probably get a run . I doubt very much if he will offer anything constructive . He rarely sticks his neck out .

I have never had time for Mike Sheahan. a so called melbourne supporter who epitomisies what i dislike about the media. Just when the media beat up on mark neeld and the MFC is firing up, Sheahan has to write a "special exclusive" and turn the blow torch up higher on the Dees. What ever happened to supporting teh club you supposedly follow, Mike? When his article comes out tomorrow club supporters need to demonstrate to the footy world that we ar enot going to be swayed by this nonsence. This pressure from teh media is putting the clubs future at dire risk. I can only hope that the board and FD are strong enough to ignore this media bull**** and stay the course.

I am gob smacked that people can not see what Mark is trying to do here! This is ALL about the players , not the coach and , hahahaha, not the board. lol. what a ridiculous preposition that is. The players are not AFL standard. Fullstop. Mark wants an AFL standard team and is getting crucified by the media and, im very sad to see , some MFC supporters as well. MFC is not an AFL standard team at the moment. We've brought in a guy to change things and it has become very clear why MFC has never been a successful club. Everyone is bleating about the 'tough love'. To those supporters getting sucked in by the media - Harden the **** up!!. Stay the course and broaden your vision.

• Like 7

To those supporters getting sucked in by the media - Harden the **** up!!.

The irony of that statement is being missed where it is needed most.

Another article bagging MFC. Yawn. It will be nothing new.

If anyone needs to harden up its those that hyperventilate over critical articles in the media.

MFC deserve the sort of carp they are getting in the Press. It will continue until we start to be at least respectable on the field.

The irony of that statement is being missed where it is needed most.

Another article bagging MFC. Yawn. It will be nothing new.

If anyone needs to harden up its those that hyperventilate over critical articles in the media.

MFC deserve the sort of carp they are getting in the Press. It will continue until we start to be at least respectable on the field.

Agree - as Al Davis said - 'Just win baby'. That should be our motto

In reality why should the media be nice to us?

We had 4 years of that. I knew it would end after $cully left.

The only way to stop the rot is victories.

That said i am sure "Mike" will add nothing new. He never does. Mike the king of last weeks news.

If it as bad on MFC as is predictable of the media at present then we should not welcome MS to any further MFC functions seriously I've met Mike and he comes across as wanting to see MFC successful and all that , well nows not the time to bring out the Dundee knife Mick

The media were not nice to us last year either. And rightly so.

We were "186" both on and off the field. The media had a field day or months of them.

It had nothing to do with Scully leaving but everything to with other matters at MFC.

FWIW, Scully has done zero at GWS and MFC might have dodged a bullet with the 2 PPs in a strong draft.

If it as bad on MFC as is predictable of the media at present then we should not welcome MS to any further MFC functions seriously I've met Mike and he comes across as wanting to see MFC successful and all that , well nows not the time to bring out the Dundee knife Mick

FFS, Mike Sheahan apparently buys an MFC membership and as a journalist should be entitled to his views.

However, its unlikely in 150 words or less in the Hun, its hardly going to be epoch making.

Why the hell should Sheahan sugar coat something which is so bad? Amazing

• Like 1

Let's wait and see what's in the article, maybe for a change there will be some constructive critisism and some good ideas put forward. I just hope he doesn't go on and re hash the stuff about winning 8 games last year, or the coach has lost the players. 3 coaches have lost the players over the last year. They didn't play for Bailey, Viney and they don't appear to be playing for Neeld.

No matter what the club says something is wrong, things changed after the 2010 season and Neeld can't be held responsible for 2011. Lets see if Mike can shed some light before we get stuck into him.

let mike say what he wants, all of us do, could give us an interesting insight into current probs, afterall he probably has greater access to more football people than you or I.

The media were not nice to us last year either. And rightly so.

We were "186" both on and off the field. The media had a field day or months of them.

It had nothing to do with Scully leaving but everything to with other matters at MFC.

FWIW, Scully has done zero at GWS and MFC might have dodged a bullet with the 2 PPs in a strong draft.

FFS, Mike Sheahan apparently buys an MFC membership and as a journalist should be entitled to his views.

However, its unlikely in 150 words or less in the Hun, its hardly going to be epoch making.

Why the hell should Sheahan sugar coat something which is so bad? Amazing

Sheahan's retired now and only moonlights a few articles a week

That now leaves him much more options to write about so he could easily avoid jumping on the negative mfc bandwaggon and write stories that are more investigative and original - he has the time

He's more a free man and semi-retired and he does owe something to melbourne if he really is a fan

He doesn't have to sugar coat anything about mfc just find something else to write about

Is that asking too much Mike or are you just a lazy scribbler taking the easy soft targets?