Make a Stand and Boycott next Sundays Game,Send a Message

fired up

That suggestion makes me ill. Dont you care about how our supporters are perceived? The coaches and players are copping enough grilling from the media. I`d absolutely hate it if the media decided to have a crack at us, the supporters. We`ve been here for Melbourne in the past, we`re here for Melbourne in the present and we`re here for Melbourne in the future and enternity.

Who cares how other supporters percieve us. I couldn't giv a rats ball bag.

How does the MFC percieve its own supporters? Now that i want to know.

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Whats the point of booing if no one is listening?

What's the point of booing?

Only an idiot boos.

If you're gonna do that, you might as well go barrack for Richmond.

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Just change your name to Whiteboard Wednesday next time. Suits you obsequience to mediocrity and incompetence.

Haha you're one of those people that wears NOT ACCEPTING MEDIOCRITYTM like a badge of honour, yet totally misconstrues the actual concept.

Good for you.

I couldn't care less about Cameron Schwab, but I'm not stupid enough to think he is the issue.

Some great solutions to no problem at all popping up on this thread.

Jos'e, must you kick the sh!t out of every supporter today?

Unless you are a board member, you have the same information of this mess as we all do. You keep saying that all is good and on track inside the MFC Compound.

Clearly it isn't.

• Like 3

Guest Jackie

Haha you're one of those people that wears NOT ACCEPTING MEDIOCRITYTM like a badge of honour, yet totally misconstrues the actual concept.

Good for you.

I couldn't care less about Cameron Schwab, but I'm not stupid enough to think he is the issue.

Some great solutions to no problem at all popping up on this thread.

What! no problem? This is WW.

Edited by Jackie

Guest José Mourinho

Jos'e, must you kick the sh!t out of every supporter today?

Unless you are a board member, you have the same information of this mess as we all do. You keep saying that all is good and on track inside the MFC Compound.

Clearly it isn't.

When have I ever said that?

Guest José Mourinho

What! no problem? This is WW.

I never said that.

Just that you don't have a bloody clue what the problem is by the look of your posts, and clearly even less of an idea how to find a solution.

Well my season is done, save the Collingwood match as my 91 year old Mum wants to attend. Other than that it certainly isn't much fun rocking up and watching the ongoing debacle that MFC are serving up.

I really feel for Mark Neeld as he has been served up this pile of a steaming turd of a so called professional football team with heaps of dead wood and hacks that masquerade as footballers.

Mark Neelds first address after the Brisbane shocker was his most truthful appraisal of the list he has inherited, didn't he say that there was only 4 players up to AFL standard of the 22 he picked?

I believe that after he said those words, the back room boys have told him to pull his head in as they were trying to encourage more people to sign up for memberships, just my belief!!

I think the Melbourne business and or football management should be more honest with us, the membership as to what we should expect of the season, such as, that we are going to be flogged by mega margins on a weekly basis, even many in the media expected far better than how this dismal season is panning out.!!

Should have shown some honesty before the season started so we could have prepared ourselves for this season, talk about,"Our winter of discontent" certainly no Glorious summer coming our way any time soon with the son of Neeld!!

I cannot remember a team with a new coach that immediately turned into a steaming pile of shite without any redeeming features!!!

We only have from what I have seen so far this season is precisely those 4 players that Mark Neeld was referring to on day one that performs for us, all the rest are along for the ride to play their Jolly japes on the team with their hapless comic turns!!

Think I'll watch local footy until this massive and extended team rebuild bares some fruit, to save myself of the severe trauma that this mob are giving me.

Mark Neelds first address after the Brisbane shocker was his most truthful appraisal of the list he has inherited, didn't he say that there was only 4 players up to AFL standard of the 22 he picked?

Honestly his reaction then suggests that he expected more from the list, whereas now he's realised they are worse than he expected.

Guest Jackie

Honestly his reaction then suggests that he expected more from the list, whereas now he's realised they are worse than he expected.

Well he was conned. The real problems were kept secret from him IMO.

All supporters should not turn up to next weeks game against Carlton.

Send a message to the club and players.

Just so I can be clear - after Jim has spent thousands of hours helping demolish our debt (precious time he could have spent with his family) over the past three years, your contribution, as a 'supporter', is to encourage others not to attend games, destroy the little atmosphere that remains at games, rob us of income and make us less appealing to future sponsors? Nice one - Jim would be so proud. Hate to play the Jim card, but the woe is me crap from Melbourne supporters is just really sad. You have every right to be disgusted with our performance, come on Demonland and vent and if you don't want to watch games live then fair enough but trying to orchestrate a supporter strike crosses the line and serves absolutely no purpose. When the going gets tough . . . . the tough keep going!

• Like 2

Yeah, but knowing us - we won't turn up on the day.

Correct, one or two people will seize a microphone and yell a bit but otherwise there'll be nothing.

'Problem' is that it's always held in the pre-season so they can hide behind the optimism of the new season instead of people raring to tear the house down a couple months after the season finishes. Smart but takes the fun out of it.

I spoke with Paul Couch at the family day and he was excited by what he thought was Melbourne's great young list, I didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't all that good. I think that we've been told so many time we have a good young list, that a lot of us actually believed it.

It was evident that we have huge flaws in our list and that we'd recruited the wrong types, but the media and other commentators were all over us and I reckon it was just because we had had a lot of early picks. We have a very poor list and probably the worst senior players in AFL history; not a heart between them and we have to inject some talent in to the group very soon or we will be history.

Not going to the game will hurt the club, not the players, they will get paid one way or the other, but sponsors will not put out their hard earned if our supporters desert the club.

I'll be there and so will my son and grandson, that's what being a supporter is.

• Like 3

Show some character and turn up to the game.

Boycotting the game is the soft, easy option and it wholly lacks accountability.

In fact, it is the very type of action that we are bagging many MFC players about displaying each week on the field.

Crazy post.

• Like 2

how about we do the opposite!?

get everyone to the game, theyll be expecting maybe 10,000 mfc supporters there and half of those to leave at half time. how about everyone makes a special effort to get there, show the team how much we care and make some noise; and then then they might play like a team. OUR team.

how about that?

• Like 5

If you don't want to support the club at the time they need us the most, you can f*&k off and barrack for someone else. Cannot give up now.

how about we do the opposite!?

get everyone to the game, theyll be expecting maybe 10,000 mfc supporters there and half of those to leave at half time. how about everyone makes a special effort to get there, show the team how much we care and make some noise; and then then they might play like a team. OUR team.

how about that?

What a ridiculous concept. MFC supporters showing some balls and actually supporting the club. It will never work.

• Like 1

So what is a better way to put the whole club on notice.

For years we have turned up and been served up rubbish. The supporters have to get tough on the MFC now.

A day at the footy costs me around $100 by the time i pay taxis drinks and food.

I expect some value in return.