Leave this club Colin Sylvia

Ryan Dee

Neeld will be furious. I already feel like Neeld doesn't like him (and Craig had similar comments on the footy show the other night about seriously needing to clean up his behaviour).

It really sucks. Sylvia has been my favourite player for a long time. When he's on, hes strong, has a beautiful long kick and can take a great mark. Such a waste.

Hes never on, thats one of our problems

I would prefer if we persevered and got the very best out of him.

I dont think that will EVER eventuate. Hes a

waste of club resources and patience .should had traded him ages ago. No

W maybe some will finally listen.

I dont think that will EVER eventuate. Hes a

waste of club resources and patience .should had traded him ages ago. No

W maybe some will finally listen.

But he has little currency atm. If he were playing for another club he would be a player I would be saying we should target.

Edited by Fat Tony

I am as dark as anyone but at least if you are going to bag someone get it right. Watts was one of the few who did his job and was steady under incredible pressure, I don't know what game you were watching

the one where he got 34 touchs because he had no opponent and the one where he created numerous turnovers. I dont blame the kid - our defensive 50 was under siege for most of the day because we have no midfield, but chipping it around until the inevitable turnover occurs probably isnt the answer. I cringed when Watts created a turnover in the second quarter only to mop up successfully then chip another one to the opposition.

But Watts wasnt our worst.

Enlighten us all NSCURSE why does Liam Jurrah's issues bare any relevance to Coling Sylvia? Get off the Guys back! Very Poor.

i was responding to someone else about Jurrah

i have wanted sylvia gone since round 1 when i seen him in the jim stynes room chatting up some bird on his knee early in last quarter instead of supporting his team mates, i left when i seen it thought you get paid to be here while i pay to be here so if he wont support them why the hell am i, he needs to go we cant afford to have a new batch of kids come in and learn off people like him.

sylvia and compensation pick to adelaide for dangerfield get it done

I dont really care what we would get for him now. He is using up cap space and forgoing the chance of someone else developing. Id practically give him away, with the same contempt he has shown us. Lance this boil !

• Like 1

its obviously time for a generational change at the team in line with the coaching staff change at the end of last season. Couch is eager and I cant think we would go any worse just playing the kids with Jones, Mckenzie, trenners and Magner for support.

• Like 1

Anyone else get the impression Colin was responding directly to the comments on this forum with his twitter responses?

I would think maybe he was responding to masses of tweets, some of which were no doubt, from people who contribute to these forums. I don't think we demonlanders hold exclusive rights to jumping all over that kind of player behavior.

Sure, all Melbourne players after the match should be showing signs of depression, alcoholism and be speaking to beyond blue for men's depression, or they should be delisted!

He should play at casey because he is out of form, nothing due to his completely human response when talking to another person!

I would think maybe he was responding to masses of tweets, some of which were no doubt, from people who contribute to these forums. I don't think we demonlanders hold exclusive rights to jumping all over that kind of player behavior.

One of the reasons the players shouldn't have twitter IMO, it allows direct contact with the player and allows supporters to vent and abuse. Wouldn't help their confidence what-so-ever in instances such as this. And perhaps could lead to things such as depression, etc.

• Like 2

Goddard was never soft. Watts has already shown everyone that he is. And thats the difference. Weight doesnt make you tough.

Are you serious? In his first 5 years Godard never went near another player let alone a pack; he built himself up over a break between seasons and hasn't looked back since then. Soft, he sure was.

I agree with DD, Watts will play a role like Goddard in a year or two and will be invaluable for the team.

• Like 5

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions, but is it an idea to sack him? It is the ultimate hard line and statement, his current form gives him very little trade value, and for me we'll be ridding ourselves of this will he won't he limbo that we've been going through since the beginning once and for all. Perhaps not at this stage, but if this form continues show him what he's worth to us out on the field at this time, nothing.

Just a thought.

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions, but is it an idea to sack him? It is the ultimate hard line and statement, his current form gives him very little trade value, and for me we'll be ridding ourselves of this will he won't he limbo that we've been going through since the beginning once and for all. Perhaps not at this stage, but if this form continues show him what he's worth to us out on the field at this time, nothing.

Just a thought.

Would be a good statement but at the moment we should use whatever picks/available players to trade for. What do people think we could get for this poor excuse of a footballer?

We have a group of young players we will build a side around - we have a group of senior players refusing to carry out the coaches gameplan. We will be very active at the end of the year come trade time. I for one am happy to have a training / teaching / sorting out the crap we don't need year and use this time to set the foundations for a tough uncompromising club for years ahead. We do have talented youngsters - they quite simply need time & a couple of pre-seasons. I can't quite believe the hysteria surrounding Neeld 8 games into the season. The blame lies entirely with the selfish egotistical group of senior players that are finally being called to account by an uncompromising coach. We all get disappointed & upset - but berating a junior group of players is unfair and I'll-informed. If we were 18months into Neeld's tenure - a lot of the negative comments could be justified but jumping on the media hysteria which is nowadays like a reality tv show beggars belief.

• Like 2

Sick to death of Sylvia but i would play him at Half Back,force him to shut down a forward and when there is a turnover he can set up a lot of plays with his great kicking and he's a very good overhead mark.When he gains possession off half back,he'd kick the ball to Mitch 30 metres out.

Make him work off half back instead of waiting for the easy ball at half forward.

I was one of the poor bastards that witnessed Sylvia's atrocious efforts live at the SCG. Could not care less if he is dropped for the rest of the year. Poor body language, total lack of intent, along with finger pointing at team mates.

I' ll be disgusted with the selectors if he plays next weekend.

Sadly, he was not the worst.....Davey won it hands down!

Sadly, he was not the worst.....Davey won it hands down!

I don't know about that... Davey put in a good showing at the coin toss! (I was there too... still trying to erase it from my memory - might need counselling).

One of the reasons the players shouldn't have twitter IMO, it allows direct contact with the player and allows supporters to vent and abuse. Wouldn't help their confidence what-so-ever in instances such as this. And perhaps could lead to things such as depression, etc.

Interestng HT - It was either last year or the year before where I started a Twitter Ban thread, and got laughed off the site. How the tide turns...

Are you serious? In his first 5 years Godard never went near another player let alone a pack; he built himself up over a break between seasons and hasn't looked back since then. Soft, he sure was.

I agree with DD, Watts will play a role like Goddard in a year or two and will be invaluable for the team.

I'm amazed RF, that this post has been up for well over 12 hours and Ben-Hur hasn't ripped you, and Watts, a new one. Beny boy will not be happy if Watts plays the "Goddard role", and will cry "poor drafting".

Anyway, on the topic, I made it clear my thoughts on Sylvia after last weeks game, and got a warning for it. I'm amazed that this thread hasn't been locked, but thems the standards x 2.

This guy is spending our money to buy alcohol, nice cars, and to crash nice cars.

In return he gives us single digit posessions, and has a joke with the opposition. Clearly he isnt up to AFL standard.

Sylvia is cooked, he hasn't come good, he will never come good.

He was Danihers secret weapon, with all the skill, but no motivation and the wrong attitude.

trade him to who ever will take him for a senior that wants to contribute or for a draft pick.

i wouldn't be surprised if a few of our seniors nick off come free agency/contracts end