Cloke a Demon....?

Would love Daisy, his attack on the pill is amazing to see, although his preseason form did not translate into the season proper before injury hit him. Beams would be a no I would have thought, he is also a one paced mid when we have plenty of those.

How many game breaking KPFs did Geelong have in its 2007-11 run? Hawkins only came good right at the end of last year.

Dont want Cloke. Let's continue to develop our own list first, then throw money at a player when we're off the bottom.

Neeld has 3 years to get this old bugger firing....he hasn't got 5 years to wait.
  • Like 2

There are hotter players out there than the Collingwood midfield (excluding Pendles and Swan). I say it every day, but I'd go after Sewell or Mitchell. What's Buddy's contractual situation like? Even though he's got a minder and on two strikes drugwise, since this is all pretty fanciful, I'd try and poach one of those older Hawk midfielders and offer Buddy a massive Judd-like six year deal.

"Eddie?...Eddie??....stop shouting.....What do you mean our sponsors?....No ...whats that, I cant hear you?..No...of course not....Well you said you wanted to help!!....Our draft picks?....Well, you were going to get some of them.....Well Travis said hes friends with Mitch......No Ed Ed, we don't want your kids......Well, their not key position players Ed....whats that?....Steele says hes going if Travis goes??....Ed?? Ed??....hello....are you still there??"

• Like 1

The article in the link below is about Melbourne approaching Collingwoods recruiting assistant , Jason Taylor . But ...............in the article Eddie warns Melbourne to keep their hands off his players or he will knock off our sponsors . Hmmmmm .

Players ?? The only player I could think of at the time was Cloke (who was and is a free agent) .

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-warns-melbourne-of-financial-ramifications-from-poaching-raid/story-e6frg1xu-1226280971780

No we need anyone with a heart like Mitch clark i dont care if there mid,forward or back i just want real AFL players

Hallelujah to that Big Jim.

You have my vote

People seem to forget that even if GWS and freo go for him, he ll have to relocate.

If MFC offer the same and train 100m away from where he is now then why would he prefer to go to GWS or freo

For an extra $250 000 X 4 years = $1 million You don't think he would relocate?

you seem to have mis-read the part where i said 'if mfc offer the same'

You are right olisik I missed it.

Sorry about that.

Pays to engage brain before moving fingers.

Give it a crack. If true (that we are trying) I am happy. Got to have a go.

Bad case of the OP sniffing the hyperbole and not seeing the presser for what it is and pumping for what it not

See where the list is at, try out some structures, get the fitness up, and possibly even tank for pick #1 and #2 to fix up the midfield.

Big player turnover this year.

As if we have to tank??

The large player turnover was coming anyway given the quality of the draft and so many NQR/past it players coming out of contract

We do need another marking target forward. For various reasons Watts, Martin and Sellar aren't it. Howe and Jurrah are 3rd tall options not keys. We would be better off playing Clark mainly forward and relieving Jamar in the ruck. Jamar played 84% game time on Friday - he can ruck 75% of the game and Clark 25% if we have another genuine target.

As posted earlier - if the offer drives Cloke's price up and Sidebottom or Beams fall out then - hey!!!

That was the first reaction I had to the media hoopla

And you're staying a virgin until Jessica Alba sees the light?

Classic!

Throw the kitchen sink at Dangerfield and Yarren

Dangerfield - YES. Strong inside tough player who breaks lines and kicks goals.

Yarren- NO. Good player, but very outside and is the cream on the cake, wouldn't do us much good

It would be somewhat ironic if Travis Cloke ended up a Demon. I'm sure that back in the 1960's Peter Cloke (Travis' uncle) played in some pre season intraclub matches with Melbourne but ended up a Richmond player as did younger brother David (Travis' father). I think the story was that the Cloke family lived on the wrong side of the border (for us) between the two clubs' suburban zones.

Things would have been different for the club in the late 60s and 70s if the Clokes had only lived on the other side of the road.

Yarren - Run out of the back half would help. We havent had that since Ward.

I am not sure what Ward gave us considering after he would run he too often would turnover the possession to the opposition. Hardly a memorable player.

Yeah but he'd turn it over int he middle of the ground or even at the half forward line from disposal, rather than in our defensive 50.

In the modern game, the ball can move from goal to goal so quickly that where he does it is irrelevant so much as how often he did it.

I want a better benchmark of player if I want to go into the market and get something better.