0-11 a possibility!

dees64

Guest José Mourinho

If Selwood is out, maybe. But it's still a long shot.

We're talking about Geelong at Geelong. Miniscule chance.

That's why I think we're a chance.

Surprise attack.

Especially after last year's effort.

That's why I think we're a chance.

Surprise attack.

Especially after last year's effort.

i would be happy with a 187 point turn around.

If the team was to even possibily entertain this rubbish, it would mean they had hoisted the white flag. The history of Football is littered with extraordainary upsets. Any game the dees could cause one. A similar disastrous attitude is to assume one is going to automatically win, yes even against the Suns or GWC. One day one team will come with such an attitude and whammo..... Sorry to say it, but the old adage 'One game at a time.' is the only one that a team can ever entertain.

Down at the cattery, its one game at a time, we might catch a complacent cats who figure they will at worst get a 50 point win. That's the attitude we want to meet. We must go with the belief that we are the one that will cause the upset, anything less will be as equally fatal.

If by chance we do happen to get beaten, then the one day at a time continues, it just might happen the following week.

The great number of demonlanders who have criticized our players for not putting in should be ashamed of themselves for entertaining a zip and 12 record. Utter hypocrisy.

The controllers of this website should equally be ashamed for allowing such rubbish to have stayed on for so long.

Edited by Harrisonrules
  • Like 1

As PSD said - if we play like we did for the first 3 qtrs for the next 6 games we might jag a win, and if we don't I will still be pleased with the effort if not the result.

Not this week though... We are travelling to Mt Doom without the sword of Isildur...

And I don't need to explain that for you to know we are in trouble.

Edited by rpfc

When I first saw the fixture I thought we'd be 1-10 or 2-9 with a certain win against the Lions and a maybe/should be against the Tigers. Those losses were obviously shockers but I'm already sure we won't be that clueless again. 0-11 isn't a shocking result given the fixture we are dealing with. Take into account adjusting to the new game plan, coaching staff etc. Plus considerable key injuries holding players back throughout the preseason. Second half of the season the list should be in much better shape injury wise and with a much better run of games, a better ability to execute the game plan and momentum, I'm very confident we will be feeling very differently be the end of the year.

Dont want to be negative but the truth is the way we are playing see below draw & which teams can we beat?

Hawks- H

Swans- A

Blues- H

Bombers- H

Pies- H

Bye- This will be a win!

Hawks - Yeah, we're f**ked.

Swans - No Goodes, we're a chance.

Blues - Just going at the moment. We're a chance.

Bombers - Heaps of injuries, and we should have Jurrah back by then.

Pies - Western Bulldogs dominated them for 2 quarters, and matched them in the third. We're a chance.

I think we can win 2 of the next 5. Geelong are the best team of all time, and we matched them for contested possession. This draw isn't as scary as it was three weeks ago. Carn Dees!!!

Edited by Geddy Lee

Hawks - Yeah, we're f**ked.

Swans - No Goodes, we're a chance.

Blues - Just going at the moment. We're a chance.

Bombers - Heaps of injuries, and we should have Jurrah back by then.

Pies - Western Bulldogs dominated them for 2 quarters, and matched them in the third. We're a chance.

I think we can win 2 of the next 5. Geelong are the best team of all time, and we matched them for contested possession. This draw isn't as scary as it was three weeks ago. Carn Dees!!!

Pass the pethadienne pipe Geddy. You my friend are definately on the good stuff!!

Carlscum: just going, we are a chance (at winning the toss)

• Like 3

The controllers of this website should equally be ashamed for allowing such rubbish to have stayed on for so long.

Haha.

I'm disappointed no one has posted a notsureifsrs jpg.

Geelong are the best team of all time

Not anymore.

Pass the pethadienne pipe Geddy. You my friend are definately on the good stuff!!

Carlscum: just going, we are a chance (at winning the toss)

Agree. Carlton are 5 and 1 with 150% + in 2nd place and are just going. FMD.

Love the optimism but MFC will be lucky to grab a win before Rd 12. 0-11 is likely.

But more focus should be on the effort and commitment and the continuing improvement we are seeing in individual players.

• Like 1

To be honest, 0-11 for me will simply be unacceptable for a team that had an average winning margin of 10 goals last season. This team was also smashing sides in 2010. I just don't accept it. If we can't consistently stay within 3-4 goals of opponents, if we keep losing by 7-10 goals, serious questions have to start being asked about Neeld, because this side is not that bad. I just won't accept that. The change has been quite simply mind-boggling. That Geelong game last year changed this club so much. I'm seriously just lost for words at this start to the year.

I don't know if I'm alone here, but I am trying really, really hard to find positives. Neeld was so direct after the round 1 game, but then we lose by 100 points and he said he could see positives. I am just bewildered. Seems to me like the club told him to tone it down, especially after media commentary suggesting he was a bit out of his element that first week, and riled with emotion.

This is truly an awful, awful team.

Melbourne has 946 uncontested possessions all season. An average of 158. The league average us 228. GWS average 217. GC, 209.

We are LAST in total possessions, and -45 on average below the second lowest team, Port Adelaide.

14th in clearances (might beat Hawks in this area)

An unfit, immature, uneducated side that simply does not know how to get into position, "shoots itself in the foot" (the words of Trengove), and just sometimes play downright stupid football. It seems like its embeded in every player's brain that steps into the club. Really, nothing has changed/improved/evolved since I start supporting in the late 80s. It's just the same ol' ineptness, insipidness. The same old BS.

But I don't know why, but there is something about this club that keeps bringing me back. There's something about the "MCG Demons" that does it for me. The club's romantic affiliation with my favourite place on the planet. Only the biggest and best clubs in the WORLD have that sort embeded, historical romantacism. It's reasons like this that Kennett genuinly sees Melbourne as one of his own personal biggest disappointments. A club that SHOULD be flying, but isn't, and hasn't for a long time. Even he would prefer to see Melbourne up and running (or, alternatively, for them to merge).

And I'll be there on Friday because I'm a softy.

But when this club is bad, it's BADDDDD.

Wait...

I'm having an epiphany!

Melbourne can still MATHEMATICALLY make the finals!

STAY POSITIVE EVERYONE! B)

Edited by Cudi_420

Guest Jackie

This is truly an awful team.

But when this club is bad, it's BADDDDD.

Wait...

Melbourne can still MATHEMATICALLY make the finals!

STAY POSITIVE EVERYONE! B)

I betcha if CC and CS got the sack the mathematical chances will improve dramatically.

It's a sick joke that we will possibly be 0 and 11....

Utterly disgusting.

it is isn't it. I am genuinely suprised at how mellow and accepting MFC members are at this possibility. Edited by why you little

Well I will still go to all the games in melbourne and back in jan I got cheap flights to darwin so Im venturing there. Im writing this season off and just dont get fussed anymore. I see this is a year to learn Neeld's game plan and if we are still in the same position this time next year then I will be worried.

But I think next year we will be ok. I see this as a learning season. I have faith in the coach.

• Like 4

Well I will still go to all the games in melbourne and back in jan I got cheap flights to darwin so Im venturing there. Im writing this season off and just dont get fussed anymore. I see this is a year to learn Neeld's game plan and if we are still in the same position this time next year then I will be worried.

But I think next year we will be ok. I see this as a learning season. I have faith in the coach.

I have great faith in the coaching situation. It's the players not learning i am concerned about.

it is isn't it. I am genuinely suprised at how mellow and accepting MFC members are at this possibility.

WYL ,you and Dr Who have been exchanging ideas too long dude!

What happened to the positive guy .

I reckon were are going forward-and it's not "accepting mediocrity" either .

We really are getting better in all areas-and we are still giving away about six goals a game and we are at 50 %.

Thats the positive

WYL ,you and Dr Who have been exchanging ideas too long dude!

What happened to the positive guy .

I reckon were are going forward-and it's not "accepting mediocrity" either .

We really are getting better in all areas-and we are still giving away about six goals a game and we are at 50 %.

Thats the positive

Mate Geelong had 10 players with under 50 games on saturday. It is not good enough. I love being positive about my club. I do not like being conned, which i fear our list is becoming.

Mate Geelong had 10 players with under 50 games on saturday. It is not good enough. I love being positive about my club. I do not like being conned, which i fear our list is becoming.

True ,but we had probably 3 with 100 plus games where they may have had 10 or 11.

(stats completely invented by me)