0-11 a possibility!

dees64

I think we will be 2-9 after 11 rounds. Should be able to muster up a win against the Bulldogs, Saints, or Bombers, and I have a good feeling about the Pies. That being said, I'm an optimist. When an optimist picks 2 wins from 9 games you know you're in trouble...

So Richmond beat us by 59 points, the Pies beat Richmond by 21 points, this is one of those rare occasions where you just need to look at the facts in front of you. That said, they will beat us by 80 points, and I'm quite confident of that.

Using that formula, West Coast beat us by 108 points, but they only beat GWS by 81 points, therefore GWS will beat us by 27 points.

Not often you can use this formula, but in both these cases, I think it could be pretty accurate!

I have no doubt we'll be 0 - 11 I think the interesting thing will be our %, I'm not sure how low it will go but it may be around the 20% to 25%

As for the second half of the year having winnable games, well I'd like to think so but I doubt it.

Watched a bit of the GWS - West Coast game......dare I say it? You-know-who was outstanding. His running ability and fitness is amazing.

Yes and for those who said we woudn't miss him, he shows how to gut run provide options and his training ethic may have flown on to others

• Like 2

Lets just say that I think this year, we will be performing in the 'Whitfield' cup

If this is the case, surely we will do what it takes to win the cup (or lose the match, which ever way you prefer to hear it).

In all hoesty, we're better off playing kids and experimenting for the rest of the year. I honestly can't see us finishing last - I think GWS should have that covered, and I'd expect GC to finish 2nd bottom, that means we will have picks 3 & 4 in the draft. Neither GWS or GC will bid for Viney, so that will mean we get to use our 2nd round pick on him. If that were teh case, this will give us a legitimate pick 3 & 4. Carlton got Judd with pick 3 and Kennedy and change, who could we get that is worth that much??? They need to be A grade already.

So Richmond beat us by 59 points, the Pies beat Richmond by 21 points, this is one of those rare occasions where you just need to look at the facts in front of you. That said, they will beat us by 80 points, and I'm quite confident of that. Using that formula, West Coast beat us by 108 points, but they only beat GWS by 81 points, therefore GWS will beat us by 27 points. Not often you can use this formula, but in both these cases, I think it could be pretty accurate!

If GWS beat us at the MCG by 27 points, Neeld is not our man. That would be absolutely inexcusable for this club and I doubt I'd be the only one of that view.

You do not lose to a bunch of children, I don't care how difficult your gameplan is to learn. If you can't get your players up to beat GWS, you're not fit to coach in the AFL.

Really we should be annihilating the Dogs next week. They are a woeful team. It's an absoute disgrace that even against them in Jimmy's testimonial, a victory seems far-fetched.

Fingers will be pointed very soon, as they should. This team should not have fallen this far.

Guest José Mourinho

If GWS beat us at the MCG by 27 points, Neeld is not our man. That would be absolutely inexcusable for this club and I doubt I'd be the only one of that view.

You do not lose to a bunch of children, I don't care how difficult your gameplan is to learn. If you can't get your players up to beat GWS, you're not fit to coach in the AFL.

Really we should be annihilating the Dogs next week. They are a woeful team. It's an absoute disgrace that even against them in Jimmy's testimonial, a victory seems far-fetched.

Fingers will be pointed very soon, as they should. This team should not have fallen this far.

A bunch of children doesn't lose to a bunch of children?

A bunch of children doesn't lose to a bunch of children?

Are you saying the years of development that has gone into our list is on par with GWS? The only thing that brings up GWS's mean age is the likes of Power and Junior. They are mostly kids in their first year of AFL football. I will not excuse a loss to GWS on any terms.

Edited by P_Man
  • Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Are you saying the years of development that has gone into our list is on par with GWS? The only thing that brings up GWS's mean age is the likes of Power and Junior. They are mostly kids in their first year of AFL football. I will not excuse a loss to GWS on any terms.

Cornes.

Brogan.

Power.

McDonald.

O'Hailpin.

Some would argue they are better than our most senior players.

Then you have...

Palmer.

Davis.

Scully.

Ward.

Giles.

Mohr.

Darley.

Miles.

Are as good, if not better than some of our middle of the road players.

You can't tell me Morton or Bennell are better than any of them.

Some from a lower league like Magner, but that doesn't preclude them from being able to compete.

Coniglio.

Bugg.

Greene.

Smith.

Kennedy.

High selections, all ready to compete from day 1.

Our development isn't much different.

Tom McDonald has only played 4 games, and played mostly VFL last year.

Not much different to a lot of the kids pre-selected last year.

Tapscott has only played 13 matches more than some of the kids he'll face. Will 13 matches make that much difference?

Howe the same, and look how well he's going for us - any reason their kids can't do the same?

Not trying to make excuses, but I'm being realistic and making an in-depth comparison.

Losing to GWS would still be bloody embarrassing, but it wouldn't be the end of the world, and it's not outside the realms of possibility.

Don't Blame Neeld for the past 4 years when there was no Football department to speak of.....We are to blame for that, NOT HIM...This is what must change...Neeld & Co are going to turn this club around, We must suck it up & actually move, rather than sack them within the next 4 weeks.

2012 is going to be ugly...Neeld told us that after round one & again on Saturday.

Buckle Up.

Don't Blame Neeld for the past 4 years when there was no Football department to speak of.....We are to blame for that, NOT HIM...This is what must change...Neeld & Co are going to turn this club around, We must suck it up & actually move, rather than sack them within the next 4 weeks.

2012 is going to be ugly...Neeld told us that after round one & again on Saturday.

Buckle Up.

Agree - like you and I have said before WYL, I hope this Club has one more rebuild left.

I get what both of you are saying, but for me there has to be a line drawn somewhere, and for me that is losing to GWS on our home ground. My patience doesn't extend to that.

i won't like it either...but Neeld has been employed for 3 years to sort out this joint....it will take longer than one season to clean out all the cupboards.

186 still lingers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eraadyn

0 - 11 is no longer a "possibility", it's a dead set given. I will be surprised if we win against GWS this year considering our form. Even including 2009, I have never been this disappointed in the Demons as I am this year.

0 - 11 is no longer a "possibility", it's a dead set given. I will be surprised if we win against GWS this year considering our form. Even including 2009, I have never been this disappointed in the Demons as I am this year.

From what we saw tonight, we'd absolutely destroy GWS. Those skinny teenagers would be cowering in the corner when faced with the physical pressure we applied tonight. Add Clark, Jurrah, and a couple of others to our side, and we'll account for GWS easily, and will probably pinch one or two other games along the way. You have to remember that we won't get worse this year, and we could conceivably get way better very quickly as we become accustomed to Neeldy's gameplan.
  • Like 3

Seriously? You've waited until we put in our most promising and consistent performance, and nearly beat a way more experienced Saints to make this call? Seriously?

We may well end up 0-11. The run ahead is a difficult one. But, I reckon we'll give a few teams a shake. To say you'd be surprised if we beat GWS is just being a drama queen.

• Like 2

Drama queen? How does get [censored] grab you [censored]?

lol @ DW liking this post. What a shock.

Your timing is perplexing. If we were to bring the same intensity as tonight we'd beat GWS by 10 goals. The time to reel out the doom and gloom isn't directly after the best effort of the season. We're steadily getting better and harder to play against.

I reckon we could give Essendon a real crack in Rd 10. It's at the G and we've beaten then the lady 2 times and hopefully we'll have Jurrah, Clark and Frawley in the side...plus increased confidence in ability and confidence.

This will probably be our best chance. Last year the Bombers started out the season pretty well and tired mid year. They also seem to be getting a fair whack of injuries. If we bring last nights intensity to every match, adapt to the game plan and clean up our disposal, a win will come sooner than we think.

If i see the same intensity, improvement and structure as last night 0-11 whilst not being good will not bother me as much as yo-yo performances. Keep up that intensity and the wins will come, seen some players grow in confidence last night as they realised they weren't as bad as they were in the first 4 rounds.

They boys played a lot more one on one, concentrate on beating their opponent, ran and spread better and the game plan was tweeked a little with a few more risks. Maybe just maybe the messages are sinking in and the players are getting used to Neelds game plan

• Like 3