Moloney to Essendon half-baked rumour..?

Arsene Wenger

I know it's only the Herald Sun, but has nobody on demonland seen this?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/free-agents-on-the-you-wish-and-can-get-lists/story-e6frf9jf-1226279957739

The Bombers will be major players in free agency.

It's why Melbourne's Brent Moloney heads the "can-get" list.

Essendon believed it had lured Moloney from the Demons in last year's trade week, but a deal was not done.

Moloney has friends at Essendon and the Bombers will be after him again.

I mean, I'm sure most dees supporters disregard it as rubbish, based purely on the fact that Moloney supported us a kid, but how much weight does that really hold?

In any case, I'm not aware of him having too many mates at Essendon.

He played for Geelong Falcons and is from Warrnambool - not many links I can see there.

I'm willing to bet that the Neeld and the club's new approach will have him desperate to stick around for some success with the club. That and the fact he wouldn't have Jamar serving him the footy on a platter.

Interestingly, it may make it easier for players to move clubs, but an aspect of free agency that I hadn't yet considered, is that the team poaching a player doesn't actually lose anything.

They don't have to trade away picks or players - they part with nothing.

The whole league supplies the player's original team with a draft pick.

The only, only small thing that has me worried in this is that Moloney may be gutted in regards to the leadership position and feel he no longer belongs. To go from someone who the media thought was our best bet for captain to not even being in the player voted top 8 leaders at the club I could imagine would be humiliating although I'm 99% sure it will not worry Brent, who has always characterised himself as not requiring a tag because he leads regardless.

Just food for thought.

This is something that i have never heard before and i think brent is a demon no matter what. God i hate essendon they are a club growing up in sunbury that you love or hate there is alot of essendon fans in sunbury being close to there home.I spent hours in class at school fighting with there sheep supporters my passion for the dees always had the last word and they new if they were going to start with me it was game on.I would be shocked if brent left us but this artical is saying the deal was almost done. i wonder if this had something to do with maybe melbourne getting caddy in a 3 way deal with gold coast because i remember we were involved for a bit in these talks? i really hope not but this is the only time i could see this coming up in trade week.i would hope melbourne shows a bit of respect for our b&f and this is nothing but mark robinson talking crap but i think he would normally be good to his word so this is a shock to me.

My guess is that the fighting was going on during English classes at primary school.

• Like 6

This rumour did the rounds on BF last year during trade week. Many believed it was a sure thing. Not sure what Brent's motivation for leaving was, but some suggested the deal fell through at the last minute. I would have been gutted to lose him, i really value him. But perhaps this is reason why he is not in the LG this season. Maybe the club was peeved at him.

This is something that i have never heard before and i think brent is a demon no matter what. God i hate essendon they are a club growing up in sunbury that you love or hate there is alot of essendon fans in sunbury being close to there home.I spent hours in class at school fighting with there sheep supporters my passion for the dees always had the last word and they new if they were going to start with me it was game on.I would be shocked if brent left us but this artical is saying the deal was almost done. i wonder if this had something to do with maybe melbourne getting caddy in a 3 way deal with gold coast because i remember we were involved for a bit in these talks? i really hope not but this is the only time i could see this coming up in trade week.i would hope melbourne shows a bit of respect for our b&f and this is nothing but mark robinson talking crap but i think he would normally be good to his word so this is a shock to me.

Mark Robinson also said Leigh Mathews would coach this year... Just sayin'

• Like 1

Mark Robinson also said Leigh Mathews would coach this year... Just sayin'

True but it seems like he is very sure of what he is saying but i guess you dont always belive what you read

I have purposely not said anything about this previously but I am quite good friends with a close family member of Beamers. Essendon were heavily trying to get a deal done with him in last years trade week and he was very close to wanting the move, was not happy with what had been happening at the club. It was that close that his father had told family members it was nearly a done deal from his end that he wanted to go, he was not happy with the direction of the club. at the time my friend swore me to secrecy

I hope that with what has happened over the summer and even though he lost his leadership position I hope beamer sees the club is completey different from last year and heading in the right direction, I just hope we have some good on field results to support that!

No drama if he leaves

Brent is a good player and has been good for the club, but if the right deal is offered you would look at it. The problem is Brent is more valuable to the MFC then what I would think most clubs would put up for trade. I would want a top 10 pick to consider a trade but I can't see any club offering that.

but some suggested the deal fell through at the last minute.

Seems unlikely that it was a time issue mate, for memory Essendon were locked down in a room with GCS trying to get Caddy deal done, which was the reason we couldn't get in there? If they were after Beamer they weren't being too active.

• Like 2

I have purposely not said anything about this previously but I am quite good friends with a close family member of Beamers. Essendon were heavily trying to get a deal done with him in last years trade week and he was very close to wanting the move, was not happy with what had been happening at the club. It was that close that his father had told family members it was nearly a done deal from his end that he wanted to go, he was not happy with the direction of the club. at the time my friend swore me to secrecy

I hope that with what has happened over the summer and even though he lost his leadership position I hope beamer sees the club is completey different from last year and heading in the right direction, I just hope we have some good on field results to support that!

Of course you are....

Edited by Demonator

Brent doesnt control Melbournes destiny

Funny how some get up and swear they bleed red and blue whilst booking a cab downtown. He a worker iin an industry where change is a constant.

I wonder if his view of Melbourne has changed in recent months.

My guess is that the fighting was going on during English classes at primary school.

Unnecessary.

Gave me a chuckle though.