Phil Scully offered GWS gig in November 2010!

bing181

I love the way people are wailing as if this is a surprise or changes anything. It's all a bit "more of the same" now. I reached my limit of surprise or care ages ago. More than anything now I just feel sorry for Jelena Scully.

It's the confirmation of what everyone has suspected that is important now - suspicion is one thing, this is something else altogether

I hope GWS rememember which Scully is the player and which is the gun recruiter. Don't think they'd have a jumper big enough for Phil.

Anyway. Good riddance to bad rubbish as they say. We are better off now that we have no association with the Scully family.

Yield to Neeld.

Nothing wrong with people venting anger as solid evidence of shafting aees the light of day.

Two mistakes were made in this transaction.

1. We tanked and for this the AFL hung us out to dry.

2. We chose Tom $cully. The family would have known of these impending deals long before paper was signed. At least we now know why T$ came home early from China.

Whether he signed the contract in 2010/2009 or not is no irrelevant because this proves that he is a liar who lied to the club, supporters and media in his press conference in March 2011 stating that no approach had been made to him, his manager or his family.

What I want to see is the players get stuck into him like never before in Round 13 and every time we wplay them for the rest of his career. I don't want to see any of the backslapping crap the Cats had with Ablett when they played GC this year. Punish the little ****.

• Like 1

What I want to see is the players get stuck into him like never before in Round 13 and every time we wplay them for the rest of his career. I don't want to see any of the backslapping crap the Cats had with Ablett when they played GC this year. Punish the little ****.

I get the feeling that it won't be just the players at our club that will be giving it to him on this. I get the feeling that the way this has unfolded will see him copping a mouthful from players from most teams barring GWS themselves. The way this deal was done has sent shock waves throughout the competition, not just the Dees.

• Like 1

Kudos to the journalists and supporters on this site who called Scully out from the start - they've been vindicated. Will rpfc and the others now fess up to how wrong they were and apologise to those they insulted?

I don't think there's need for that - these guys did this in good faith. Maybe apologies are warranted to club legends like Schwarz who copped a bit of a pasting by some, but we shouldn't let the $cumbag tear the club apart with supporters having a go at each other about who was right and who believed him. I believed him up until about 1/2-3/4 of the way through the year because I wanted him to stay & in the absence of evidence what other choice as a supporter of the club did I have?

We should move on in supporting the club and the players and new coaches/FD who have chosen to stay on and display their loyalty, guys like JT, Chippa, Gawn, Tappy etc instead of wasting our energy fighting amongst ourselves over who was right or wrong.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

I doubt there will be any Ablett style back slapping with T$. Gary Ablett gave his all for Geelong won Premierships, should have won a Norm Smith. He still loves Geelong but needed to get out for a while.

T$ couldn't wait to run away from the MFC. i doubt he will play round 13 next year (i hope he does) but he may fear for his life.

At some stage he has to confront what he & his family have done to both the MFC & the supporters who helped pay his initial contract.

• Like 1

It seems strange but i always had a bad feeling about Scully from the day he was drafted.

This stems from the expressions on the faces of his parents, looking very unhappy, and morose when his name was read out.

He can rot in falafel land as far as i am concerned, im just spewin we lost a Number one pick,as we could have had a Damien Martin.

The little Skunk and his grotesque family shafted us..

He will always be a villian....The evil Black Cloud.

It seems strange but i always had a bad feeling about Scully from the day he was drafted.

This stems from the expressions on the faces of his parents, looking very unhappy, and morose when his name was read out.

He can rot in falafel land as far as i am concerned, im just spewin we lost a Number one pick,as we could have had a Damien Martin.

The little Skunk and his grotesque family shafted us..

He will always be a villian....The evil Black Cloud.

Damien Martyn. Fantastic exponent of the leather ball to the boundary from the very willow in his hands. Represented the Baggy Green with distinction. All round nice guy.

• Like 1

Ha Ha ...so sorry ..lol i meant Dustin Hoffman....

Damien Martyn. Fantastic exponent of the leather ball to the boundary from the very willow in his hands. Represented the Baggy Green with distinction. All round nice guy.

• Like 1

haha! Nothing goes through to the keeper with you H.T. Well picked up... Edited by why you little

Ha Ha ...so sorry ..lol i meant Dustin Hoffman....

Yeah... performed well in The Graduate, Kramer v Kramer etc... not sure what position he could hold down with the Dees though.

Yeah... performed well in The Graduate, Kramer v Kramer etc... not sure what position he could hold down with the Dees though.

Could also be accused of acting for free kicks.....

Rainman too... however, I think DeeZee may have been thinking of Ray Martin ;-)

Ray Martin would al;so be very handy as a goal sneak ALA Kevin Bartlett, withh his wig flopping to one side as he runs in to snag one!

Ray Martin would al;so be very handy as a goal sneak ALA Kevin Bartlett, withh his wig flopping to one side as he runs in to snag one!

Ok ok... the let's just settle on Dustin Martin then shall we? :-D

Kudos to the journalists and supporters on this site who called Scully out from the start - they've been vindicated. Will rpfc and the others now fess up to how wrong they were and apologise to those they insulted?

Ned, I am happy to put my hand up and say that I believed in this [censored]. I hadn't been shown evidence not to beleive him. Sure, every journo in the land knew, and most supporters joined them on that ride, but at the end of the day, there is nothing to be proud of if people are beating chests saying "I'm right, you're wrong".

In terms of apologising to who I may have insulted? Well, I can't remember if I did insult anyone, perhaps Schwarz. But, I will still not apologise as I felt he continually kicked the Club when it was down, and did a lot of finger pointing with no testicles of doing a "Lyon" and getting in there and helping out. And the moment that he lost me was on his little Sunday footy show, when d!ckhead Sheedy made the comment about who would want to coach Melbourne. Schwarz glared at him, and that's where it stopped. Glared - whoop-de-freakin-do. If he was still 100% Melbourne, he would've tore him a new one, not giving him a "look".

Insulted?

I don't know about that...

And, again, I have said that I was wrong about the character of the kid.

And my 'belief' was naive to the extent that the reason for the belief was based less on what I knew of the kid and more on what I would expect from a young man and Demon.

Will a Demon get the same benefit of the doubt from me in the future?

Probably.

• Like 1

Insulted?

I don't know about that...

And, again, I have said that I was wrong about the character of the kid.

And my 'belief' was naive to the extent that the reason for the belief was based less on what I knew of the kid and more on what I would expect from a young man and Demon.

Will a Demon get the same benefit of the doubt from me in the future?

Probably.

I don't think that rpfc insulted anyone during the whole sordid affair. The debates were always of high standard.