Addam Maric To North Melbourne

Bates Mate

He'll be delisted if he isn't traded. You can't wait around and keep every player in case they "might" come on, he's out of contract and so far he hasn't looked likely.

You never know with a new coach.

I would rather give him a one year contract and see if Neeld can get something out of him. I doubt Maric would except it though.

I wont be losing any sleep either way.

good point Red. I cant see us mining too deep with picks either.

It does raise the situtation though of how many picks we ( or any team s) particualrly wants in any draft. This years is such a raffle and next years supposedly looms as much stronger. So is it fair to suggest if a club was looking to overhaull its bottom enders they might wait til 2012.

As it stands we have 12, 36, 54, 72, 90 Id reckon 72 and 90 are junk this year and will prompt a "pass" I cant see many club getting too wildly excited past about 60 and so even as some suggest Maric for a late pick for the hell of it its not going to be anything under any teams 3rd round ( likely)

Id be surprised now if Addam didnt go the way of his Sandy team mate in Valenti and found himself delisted. North migh tuse their own 94 to grab him , who knows.

Going to be intersting in a way to see how the Dees go about this as it will say a lot about how the FD sees us going forward.

You're wrong.

Clubs don't have to use traded draft picks any more.

As for Maric, if we can't do a trade he will almost certainly be delisted.

So that means North won't even give us pick 100 to get Maric or the GC the same for Warnock or even a slight upgrade of our pick 72.

Edited by Redleg

It does raise the situtation though of how many picks we ( or any team s) particualrly wants in any draft. This years is such a raffle and next years supposedly looms as much stronger. So is it fair to suggest if a club was looking to overhaull its bottom enders they might wait til 2012.

As it stands we have 12, 36, 54, 72, 90 Id reckon 72 and 90 are junk this year and will prompt a "pass" I cant see many club getting too wildly excited past about 60 and so even as some suggest Maric for a late pick for the hell of it its not going to be anything under any teams 3rd round ( likely)

Id be surprised now if Addam didnt go the way of his Sandy team mate in Valenti and found himself delisted. North migh tuse their own 94 to grab him , who knows.

Going to be intersting in a way to see how the Dees go about this as it will say a lot about how the FD sees us going forward.

That also means of course we can delist a few and maybe take a recycled player at 72.

Delisted? Unless his work ethic just isn't up to it, or there are non-footy problems involved, why would we delist this bloke?

If Wonna doesn't return to his best, who plays the role of nimble crumber?

Well Addem hasn't shown that he can, at least under the last coach. Maybe Davey could be moved back to his original role?

That also means of course we can delist a few and maybe take a recycled player at 72.

true.:)

So that means North won't even give us pick 100 to get Maric or the GC the same for Warnock.

Don't know what's going to happen with Warnock but, like The Oracle in his Trading Chronicles today, I reckon that North have chosen Will Sierakowski ahead of Maric. I don't believe that they will take both, especially in light of the fact that they have more similar types on their list.

• Like 1

Don't know what's going to happen with Warnock but, like The Oracle in his Trading Chronicles today, I reckon that North have chosen Will Sierakowski ahead of Maric. I don't believe that they will take both, especially in light of the fact that they have more similar types on their list.

Surely you have heard some trade whispers down there at at Chateau Frankston.

You never know with a new coach.

I would rather give him a one year contract and see if Neeld can get something out of him. I doubt Maric would except it though.

I wont be losing any sleep either way.

You can't give a fresh start to everyone, and I'd suggest that if you're the 35th best player on the list after four seasons on it then you're doomed. It's always been that way and it always will be. Doing anything other than delisting him makes no sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

You can't give a fresh start to everyone, and I'd suggest that if you're the 35th best player on the list after four seasons on it then you're doomed. It's always been that way and it always will be. Doing anything other than delisting him makes no sense whatsoever.

Stop talking sense you are ruining my trade weekend. By the way can we agree we buggered up his selection big time as I recall quite a few of us saying at the time.

• Like 1

Stop talking sense you are ruining my trade weekend. By the way can we agree we buggered up his selection big time as I recall quite a few of us saying at the time.

Too easy in hindsight , though you were questioning at the time. I thought he had promisse. many others did aswell. Hes one of those that doesnt make it., and we move on :)

Too easy in hindsight , though you were questioning at the time. I thought he had promisse. many others did aswell. Hes one of those that doesnt make it., and we move on :)

Dead easy in hindsight. He is a midget who was reputed to have a deadly kick. When I saw him kick for goal it nearly killed me. Deadly kick for sure. I seem to remember WJ and I nearly fainting when his name was called by MFC. Oh well as you said we move on. Have we picked up anyone today I have just come back from a walk?

Edited by Redleg

Although there were many other good candidates, as far as I was concerned at the time there was a Selwood available and you just don't pass that up.

He went the next pick, from memory.

Don't want to appear a smart arse but I would have been happier had we selected Mrs. Selwood. That said I thought Addam played a couple of good games this year. He just isn't good enough for us going forward and looks likely to be delisted with Matty Warnock.

Hmm... with no Maric, the others in line for a nimble crumber role might be;

Wonaeamirri, as noted.

Bennell, who already has small-forward curse anyway (in and out of the game in bursts)

Jetta, you can be sure he'll hunt the opposition defenders.

Blease, definitely fast and dangerous enough, but seems to be destined for rebounding HB.

You also have to consider that Jurrah and Watts represent an extremely agile pair of tall/mid forwards. Petterd is a decent hunter on his day, too.

That said... some options from this draft (just trawling through discussions and websites and so on) might be

Marley Williams - chunkier than usually thought of as a crumber, but is supposed to be pretty quick and a bit of a 'crazy man'.

Sam Dwyer - Port Melbourne's gun. I'm sure a few VFL watchers here will have seen him a bit, certainly more than me. Mature age. Maybe too much a mid?

Anthony Tipungwuti - Tiwi, looks and plays like Aussie. Even shorter, even quicker.

I think we can cover for Addam Maric, if he does go.

Don't want to appear a smart arse but I would have been happier had we selected Mrs. Selwood. That said I thought Addam played a couple of good games this year. He just isn't good enough for us going forward and looks likely to be delisted with Matty Warnock.

Pretty sure Warnock is still contracted.

Maric too Richmond, Matt White too Dee's

Anyone?

I think that Warnock and Maric will just walk into the drafts.

They are OOC and might have a couple of suitors but those clubs don't want them bad enough to trade aggressively with us.

I don't think they have much value at all. Never have.

Patrick Rose from Port Melb for me, draft him with a second round pick next month. Rose should do well off of Mitch Clack forward line pressure, and has shown he knows where the gaols are. Played all the way through the VFL finals series with AFL listed backmen hanging off him.