The Jordan Lisle Thread

iv'a worn smith

Oh noes...

We could miss out on a worse player by trying to sign the better player?!

What are we doing?!

Clark is not a key forward - he's a far better ruckman. We already have an excellent prospect on our list in Lucas Cook to be a key forward. I'd prefer us to get Lisle whilst Cook is developing and stop wasting time on Clark. We won't land him and we are wasting our time trying to do so.

Clark is not a key forward - he's a far better ruckman. We already have an excellent prospect on our list in Lucas Cook to be a key forward. I'd prefer us to get Lisle whilst Cook is developing and stop wasting time on Clark. We won't land him and we are wasting our time trying to do so.

Spoken like a true MFC supporter - at the very least, I hope Neeld can at least get this defeatist attitude out of the playing group.

• Like 1

What a pathetic attitude.

We may not sign him, but to say we shouldn't even try is pure syndrome.

• Like 1

What a pathetic attitude.

We may not sign him, but to say we shouldn't even try is pure syndrome.

What part of Clark wanting to live in Perth don't you understand? He has a family over there including a sick Grand Mother - this is more of a lure than money and living in Melbourne! We won't get him so I'd prefer us to spend our time on prospects that are a more realistic chance of landing!

What part of Clark wanting to live in Perth don't you understand? He has a family over there including a sick Grand Mother - this is more of a lure than money and living in Melbourne! We won't get him so I'd prefer us to spend our time on prospects that are a more realistic chance of landing!

Can't say I've seen that written up anywhere; have just seen people saying his wife/partner and child are in Perth - but again, not seen anything written up officially about that either... however, it is NOT a certainty he will go West; the MFC offer could set him up for a much better shot at life in general for him and his family.

And by the way, where has it been stated that the MFC are no longer considering Lisle? Love your defeatist (yes defeatist, not realist) attitude!

• Like 1

Can't say I've seen that written up anywhere; have just seen people saying his wife/partner and child are in Perth - but again, not seen anything written up officially about that either... however, it is NOT a certainty he will go West; the MFC offer could set him up for a much better shot at life in general for him and his family.

And by the way, where has it been stated that the MFC are no longer considering Lisle? Love your defeatist (yes defeatist, not realist) attitude!

I never said that. All I am saying is with all this time invested in this Clark deal we may miss out on a Lisle or some other potential deals....

I don't think he will come to Melbourne either. I think Brisbane will agree to a compromise with Fremantle.

But does that mean that we shouldn't ask the question and give the offer?

Of course, it doesn't.

If you don't ask, you won't recieve.

And if it means we miss out on a Lisle or a Walsh then that is one of the pitfalls of trade week - there are 17 other clubs out there trying to get ahead of their 17 competitors.

And I have a feeling that a decision will be made with enough time left in trade week.

I never said that. All I am saying is with all this time invested in this Clark deal we may miss out on a Lisle or some other potential deals....

And my comment relates to the fact that just because you don't see anything going on, it doesn't mean that the machinations are not taking place behind closed doors. Believe it or not, multi-tasking is possible.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

And my comment relates to the fact that just because you don't see anything going on, it doesn't mean that the machinations are not taking place behind closed doors. Believe it or not, multi-tasking is possible.

Fair call, I'll cop that. We probably would be working on other things but we can't make any real moves until this Mitch Clark situation gets sorted. If this drags out until Monday 1pm then that doesn't leave much time for us to get a whole lot done.

Chatting to a Hawthorn mate today and says he reckons Lisle'd fit nicely into our forwardline. A big boy, young, would take less to get him across than a Clark. Clarkson didn't play him when Roughead was down at the pointy end of the season. He might look fondly upon opportunity elsewhere. Not sure that means much, but goes nicely in the VFL.

Chatting to a Hawthorn mate today and says he reckons Lisle'd fit nicely into our forwardline. A big boy, young, would take less to get him across than a Clark. Clarkson didn't play him when Roughead was down at the pointy end of the season. He might look fondly upon opportunity elsewhere. Not sure that means much, but goes nicely in the VFL.

So does Newton, but I do think he would be a good prospect to get as an alternative to Clark. Surely wouldn't be pricey either.

After finding out that the role of the dice didn't go our way today (again :( ), it immediately went through my head "That boy is our last hope"............"No, there is another".

Yeah but then they would have had to train Leia from the ground up. Would have pushed the rebels premiership window back a fair bit.

• Like 1

Looks to be next option after Dawes and Clark.

That he didn't play last year at Hawthorn doesn't worry me - they have Buddy (Watts) and they have Hale keeping him out. They have Roughead to come back and have added Gunston. Lisle has to be down the pecking order at Hawthorn.

Dawes and Clark would be long-term options - it depends whether we see this capability in Lisle too - otherwise we could switch to a short-term option like Kosi as a filler, although this looks unlikely. The last resort is Setanta and he'll probably be delisted and we could rookie him - no reason to get excited there.

Looks to be next option after Dawes and Clark.

That he didn't play last year at Hawthorn doesn't worry me - they have Buddy (Watts) and they have Hale keeping him out. They have Roughead to come back and have added Gunston. Lisle has to be down the pecking order at Hawthorn.

Dawes and Clark would be long-term options - it depends whether we see this capability in Lisle too - otherwise we could switch to a short-term option like Kosi as a filler, although this looks unlikely. The last resort is Setanta and he'll probably be delisted and we could rookie him - no reason to get excited there.

If Hawthorn thought Lisle was ok they wouldn't have drafted Gunston, the fact they did would indicate they had no faith in him.

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind him if we could get him pretty cheap. Our main problem is we dont have a big presence up forward at the moment. If Lisle is as good at standing the mark and can take the big defender then Watts, Jurrah and Howe etc can crumb around him and what he doesnt mark is up for grabs.. Maybe he can learn to kick goals and we might just have something on our hands.

Shame about Clark but it is a fine thing that he stood his ground and didnt opt for the big dollars. Maybe it should be a lesson to a certain GWS recruit.. money isnt everything!!!!!!

Emma Quayle also believes we were never interested in Lisle. If Tommy Walsh goes to Sydney then are there any feasible key forward targets?

But were there really any feasible key forward targets? Experienced KP players that are ready to go, and bring us something additional to what we have with players like Cook, Fitzy, Newton (I know, I know) etc. etc.

That was always a bit of a concern with chasing another tall forward. We have a bunch who are being developed, and bringing in another one is going to cos them game time. Chasing as hard as we have been indicates to me tat there is serious doubt about one or both of Cook and Fitzpatrick in the eyes of the club.