• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Keith "Bluey" Truscott - Best & Fairest Night

frankie_d

Jimmy Stynes was the Winner...lets get that straight.

This club must rise & win the 2012 Cup for him....NO EXCUSE.

Now I truely appreciate your admiration of big Jim.

But is now Saturday Morning WYL it is now the cold light of day.

I watched the game last night and sad to say the MFC is not in the same league as the two sides last night.

No wonder they both belted us this year.

My cold hard appraisal is that we are at least 5 years from the standard required to play in a GF.

JC could not get the Dees into a GF in 2012 let alone win it.

We will just have to happy with a small improvement in 2012.

Edited by old dee

Now I truely appreciate your admiration of big Jim.

But is now Saturday Morning WYL it is now the cold light of day.

I watched the game last night and sad to say the MFC is not in the same league as the two sides last night.

No wonder they both belted us this year.

My cold hard appraisal is that we are at least 5 years from the standard required to play in a GF.

JC could not get the Dees into a GF in 2012 let alone win it.

We will just have to happy with a small improvement in 2012.

Last I looked JC couldnt play footy for sh!t..!!! lol I give us 2 years and we'll be fair dinkum competitive. I have a bet with teh wife that were playing the GF in 2014 ad I hate to lose... :):unsure:

Great to see the big Jimma :)

The funniest "I wish I hadn't said that" line tonight goes to Nathan Jones who on accepting his award said..

"And thanks to my girlfriend for putting up with a little [censored] for a lot of the year."

Might haunt him for a few years that comment!

What happened to Martin how did Jamar place above him.

Martin had a break out year some of his performances were great when

Jamar was out injured. Martin played 21 games this year Jamar only 15 something very strange

that Jamar finished on in front.

Martin should of been top 5 I'm really surprised he only came in 8th

No votes awarded at all v Cats.

Pathetic. Jordie McKenzie fought against the odds all day and deserved to get votes. That he didn't have any mates doesn't mean he shouldn't have been recognized.

These blokes get B&F incentives. I hope this stupid decision didn't cost him money.

Pathetic. Jordie McKenzie fought against the odds all day and deserved to get votes. That he didn't have any mates doesn't mean he shouldn't have been recognized.

These blokes get B&F incentives. I hope this stupid decision didn't cost him money.

Now hang on a second.

This is a team sport.

Do you really think Jordie effing McKenzie wants to hear about that game again? Because he was a lone hand?

He wouldn't give a sh!t. That game was an embarrassment to him as much as they rest of the team and club because he is apart of the team and club.

We lost by 30 goals.

No votes awarded.

Move on.

Yes indeed they were all there including number 31 who was heavily disguised and sat under a table all evening counting $100 bills and arranging them in neat piles.

I've written and rewritten a response to this with some very choice words about 5 times.

Why in god's name would you show up?

What possible cause does it serve?

He should of been refused entry.

I'm very angry that the people committed and passionate to the cause have to share his presence.

I'm very angry that he may have resolved some sort of catharsis or absolution.

I'm very angry that he has been allowed to share in the planning and vision for our future.

Last I looked JC couldnt play footy for sh!t..!!! lol I give us 2 years and we'll be fair dinkum competitive. I have a bet with teh wife that were playing the GF in 2014 ad I hate to lose... :):unsure:

Great to see the big Jimma :)

Now BB lets not let the enthusiasm of new coaching staff and good signs for jimmy get the cart before the horse.

The team in 2012 will be almost the same lot that performed so well this year.

I seriously doubt we will be much better in 2012.

The best I think we can hope for is one or two more wins, reduce the number of large losing margins and no 30 goal losses.

We are IMO 6-7 players short of being a team capable of making it to 7th or 8th spot.

The coaches name is Mark Neeld not Jesus Christ!

Great night. First time at the Best and Fairest. Largest crowd in the last 3 years. Great effort for big Jim to make the night.

Mark Neeld spoke very well. Mentioned that we will have similar amount of full time coaches as the top clubs in the competition. Was asked not to make any big statements by the MFC in his 1st week and failed with the hardest team to play against comment. Told the players that he understands they need a break and asked them to enjoy it, but be ready for preseason training on the 31st October.

Brent Moloney made a great speech. Challenged Colin S by saying that he should be up in the top 5 next year of Melbourne's Best and Fairest. Nathan Jones gave a thank you to Scott West for his time at the club.

Loud cheers in the room when it was shown that no players received a vote from the Geelong game. Was surprised that Stefan Martin didn't finish higher in the count.

I've written and rewritten a response to this with some very choice words about 5 times.

Why in god's name would you show up?

What possible cause does it serve?

He should of been refused entry.

I'm very angry that the people committed and passionate to the cause have to share his presence.

I'm very angry that he may have resolved some sort of catharsis or absolution.

I'm very angry that he has been allowed to share in the planning and vision for our future.

You have got to be kidding me...

That post was Chelly's attempt at humour.

Scully wasn't there.

Why would anyone think he would be there?

You have got to be kidding me...

That post was Chelly's attempt at humour.

Scully wasn't there.

Why would anyone think he would be there?

Yes rpfc seems our friend has totally missed it.

The first game of 2012 is months away lets all chil lout a little!

my mistake i didnt realise it was a joke. he did say in an interview he was considering still going.

WE all have em DD.

Relax mate it is only 24th September.

Get worked up again about March 2012.

Enjoy the next few months we will not lose a game this side of February

And the Best and Fairest is an individual award. I glad it didn't cost him the award.

It's an opinion business, I disagree with yours.

Move on.

The match committee had to rate that mess, and they did.

No votes, and a solemn pat on the back for Jordie. That's enough.

So I gather Beamer's speech this year wasn't that memorable then, given that it hasn't even been mentioned in passing anywhere I can see.

The main thing about Beamers speech (and I regret not filming it) was that he is gutted not to be playing finals and that it kills him to watch the finals each year and not be apart of it. He said he can't understand why Joel Selwood gets to play finals and not him. the way he said it was full of emotion.

My other favourite Beamer quote for the night involved Ron Barrassi in the men's room. Get your filthy minds out of the gutter it's not that kind of story. Barrass was walking into the men's just ahead if me. He bumped into Beamer who was coming out and Barrass relayed to him that Collingwood had just won the game. All Beamer said was "yeah, by 3 points the bastards." I love that he despises them. Classic! Make him captain!

• Like 2