Neil Craig

Guest Jack Donaghy

I am as pumped as beamers biceps and as positive as a chinese swimmers drug test. I don't know if craig will be any good in the job but at least the MFC are being aggressive in the off season. Nearly all the boxes have been ticked THERE ARE NO EXCUSES for the playing group anymore. I was already signed up so there isn't anything to do but wait for 2012!

Great interview so far.

Sounds like he will really enhance the group, not butt heads with them.

Excitement meter is reaching dangerous wet-your-pants levels!

Big preseason ahead.

I can't possibly think how the boys couldn't be amped to get started.

Great interview so far.

Sounds like he will really enhance the group, not butt heads with them.

Excitement meter is reaching dangerous wet-your-pants levels!

Big preseason ahead.

I can't possibly think how the boys couldn't be amped to get started.

Carefull Lutz it is not a good look.

It's exactly what David Dunbar already does / did.

Not sure about his contract status.

If that is what he does, has Collingwood effectively promoted their David Dunbar to a head coaching role? Not trying to say that David Dunbar isn't good at what he does, but his role to me didn't seem to have much to do with coaching, but more to do with checking who was fit, checking what they were doing at training and reporting back. I always thought of Dunbar as an opposition scout, someone who would answer to the opposition coach, or in our case, the head coach.

We should all be excited!

Finally the best fitness/sports science working at the club!

Great training facilities!

Great people wanting to work at the MFC! Craig turned down a job @ richmond

Lets praise the club & look back at our situation in 2008!

All the knockers about Lyon not working for the club full time!

Our players have no more excuses!

The way this is going we will have more off field personnel than players.

Hope we don't forget that these guys don't actually play!

The way things are going we may get a gig sometime.

I cannot believe people are whacking the club for overpopulating our coaching department.

The main knocks on our players in the past have been culture, toughness, fitness and professionalism.

Adelaide may not have won a flag but they were a tightly run ship who were fit and committed.Put Craig and Neeld together, coming from 2 of the powerhouses of the competition our players are gonna find out what gets done at serious footy clubs.

This is something all fans have to be happy with

Sick man, I'll just dig a bit deeper again. More cost across lower income needs some thought. We can't be a Collingwood without the income folks. Let me think.. yep there's always the debt option.

I'll refer back to this in a couple of years.

Sick man, I'll just dig a bit deeper again. More cost across lower income needs some thought. We can't be a Collingwood without the income folks. Let me think.. yep there's always the debt option.

Are you serious mate? Yes I uunderstand where you're coming from but geez the club can't win with some of you blokes. The club needs to roll the dice and back themselves to get some success and hope that leads to generating greater income. It's on the supporters as well to buy memberships, turn up to home games, back the club and get others along to games or convince lapsed members to sign up again. Pay extra for a reserved seat membership, by some merchandise from the Demon Shop, whatever but you can't expect to compete with Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, West Coast, Adelaide, Carlton & Essendon if the club and supporters aren't willing to do their part as well.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

SPEND $$ TO MAKE $$$

Victories will makes debts a thing of the past...We are Melbourne....I think the Old Demon has opened his eyes, had a good stretch, dropped that big morning Fart after a long deep sleep & now that old Demon who has been gone since '65 is back Refreshed and ready to flex large Muscle and reclaim his mantle as no. 1 Football Club in the land..

Fitting that a statue of Norm Smith will be ercted in 2012.

We are Melbourne...The rest of the AFL community is in for a big suprise starting from next year....Money on it.

Edited by why you little
  • Like 1

I'm thrilled with this appointment. He will provide the clear head that, at some stage, our younger coaches will need. Also having his sports science background working alongside David Misson can only be a good thing. The club is making all the right moves and the chips are falling into place. It is now up to the players to take this opportunity they have been afforded and run with it. Bring on 2012!

Are you serious mate? Yes I uunderstand where you're coming from but geez the club can't win with some of you blokes. The club needs to roll the dice and back themselves to get some success and hope that leads to generating greater income. It's on the supporters as well to buy memberships, turn up to home games, back the club and get others along to games or convince lapsed members to sign up again. Pay extra for a reserved seat membership, by some merchandise from the Demon Shop, whatever but you can't expect to compete with Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, West Coast, Adelaide, Carlton & Essendon if the club and supporters aren't willing to do their part as well.

Well said Hunter.

SPEND $$ TO MAKE $$$

Victories will makes debts a thing of the past...We are Melbourne....I think the Old Demon has opened his eyes, had a good stretch, dropped that big morning Fart after a long deep sleep & now that old Demon who has been gone since '65 is back Refreshed and ready to flex large Muscle and reclaim his mantle as no. 1 Football Club in the land..

Fitting that a statue of Norm Smith will be ercted in 2012.

We are Melbourne...The rest of the AFL community is in for a big suprise starting from next year....Money on it.

Thanks for that WYL... I was gettin' a little economonistical. 48yrs does that... What the hell..we're alive ain't we! B)

Really impressed with what Neil Craig has to say in this SMH article.

Craig chooses Demons as his new AFL club

Edited by Deeoldfart
  • Like 1

The thing that's making me feel very good is that Neeld must have really impressed the hierarchy at the club in order for them to be so willing to allow him to have all of these resources at his disposal; I cannot recall any club ever doing what is being done at the MFC right at the moment. And the thing that impresses me possibly even more than that is that the likes of Craig and Misson are so sure of Neeld's abilities and potential, that they have been only too willing to jump on board!

In the words of the late "Big Kev"... I'm excited!!

Hardtrack, best post in 7 pages.

Despite what the media wants to write about and believe, the club is strong and united.

Footy professionals who were but strangers a short while ago are jumping on board and trusting in the club's vision. Continual kudos to professionalism, passion and determination.

It's about time we TRUST the club that we love.

Excited about Neeld. Had me hooked in the first minute he spoke.

The thing that's making me feel very good is that Neeld must have really impressed the hierarchy at the club in order for them to be so willing to allow him to have all of these resources at his disposal; I cannot recall any club ever doing what is being done at the MFC right at the moment. And the thing that impresses me possibly even more than that is that the likes of Craig and Misson are so sure of Neeld's abilities and potential, that they have been only too willing to jump on board!

In the words of the late "Big Kev"... I'm excited!!

They're Not his resources, He & they are the MFC's resources.

He's part of the footy dept, that is the MFC.

They're Not his resources, He & they are the MFC's resources.

He's part of the footy dept, that is the MFC.

Split hairs all you like... the fact is that part of the deal with Neeld coming on board was that he would be given whatever resources he wanted. So, even though they are on the MFC payroll, they are effectively Neeld's resources.

Split hairs all you like... the fact is that part of the deal with Neeld coming on board was that he would be given whatever resources he wanted. So, even though they are on the MFC payroll, they are effectively Neeld's resources.

NoNoNo, Not split hairs at all.. It's an attitude. the games changed and the coach is no longer the Boss as was.

He's a front man & an Employee. As they all are.

If one doesn't cut it, you won't remove the whole thing. It's a footy dept now, & so we can't go looking to pin the 'Blame Tail' on one donkey, from Outside the Room.

NoNoNo, Not split hairs at all.. It's an attitude. the games changed and the coach is no longer the Boss as was.

If one doesn't cut it, you won't remove the whole thing. It's a footy dept now, & so we can't go looking to pin the 'Blame Tail' on one donkey, from Outside the Room.

Sorry, I'm trying to figure out if that is a negative or a positive post.

• Like 1

The Head Coach is still in charge....Just ask Dean Bailey...!