Mark Neeld

Real Demon

Guest fitness

One thing that really excites me about Neil Craig coming to the MFC, is that last year Patrick Dangerfield linked his tenure at the Crows to him... really hope we make a play for him.

Surely he would have the antidote to his own poison. Can't wait to see the best way to beat the press. I think it's safe to assume that it's not kicking long to the right half back flank every time.

BTW, respect for MM for releasing him immediately despite the obvious importance of the next 2 weeks.

Fair enough to be skeptical and usually I am as well but adding Craig to the equation does reinforce to me that the Club wants the Team to be way more defence orientated - we may end up winning ugly a lot more but that beats the hell out of losing ugly - cheers !

Yep.....that's why i said in the thread above "if it is Neeld then i hope he gets serious Senior support".

It is what it is, is it? If the reports are accurate and Neeld is officially announced tomorrow, then I hope Sheehan's right and Craig is coming along as an assistant as well. Like others have noted, it's an appointment I can't feel elated or shattered by at the moment. My primary emotion is a bit of disappointment as the repressed optimistic corner of my brain had very much hoped that there might be some slight chance Malthouse would be coming on board, but not to be.

Given the fact I needed to see a picture of him online tonight to find out what he looks like, I'm clearly not up to date with his capabilities as a coach. Like Bailey, he's been a part of a successful outfit as an assistant, has been spoken of highly by his senior coach, and is supposed to be up to speed with the current game, whatever that means. What cannot be overstated is the importance of the unknown - can he motivate, inspire and get the best out of his players on match day as well as preparing them as best as possible throughout the year. The intangibles of being able to communicate your message and have your players want to execute it to the fullest is crucial.

I don't know if Neeld has this ability, or if he doesn't. All I can control right now as a supporter is putting my hand in my pocket for membership money for myself and the family, and lending my loud voice for inane burbling on matchday. I'll fulfill my duty as best I can, and hopefully Neeld is more than up to the task as our new coach.

someone wrote somthing about neeld putting a jumper in the middle of the huddle and inspiring his players to get up for their injured skipper, it isnpired the hell out of me I suggest you read it

I spent the best part of 3 years being critical of Bailey and to be honest I didn't enjoy it one bit - I sometimes wonder how I would have felt the other way around - I've already decided to go down the "Blind allegiance" track with Neeld and Craig { if it's confirmed of course } - My gut tells me it's gonna work !

I am surprised nobody took me up on my last post 11/9 when i said that a certain man that comes into my shop on a regular bases has a mate who is heavily involved in the mfc.

He told me that Scully had agreed to a 5mil / 5 year deal to go to the gws a month before ox said it on SEN.

Then he told me that we where after Clarko many weeks before it came out in the media

Then about one month ago he told me that we have our man in Mark Neeld .

we have a mole in the MFC.

I agree with Whispering Jack it makes you wonder if this whole thing is a show

From now on every time this bloke comes into my shop i will hound him for the latest news concerning the MFC then i will do a Mike Sheahan and post it saying you heard it first on demonland write it down.

I feel like even Malthouse may have known something about it. About a week ago on The Game Plan he said an ambiguous comment regarding Melbourne's finals chances and the coaching job before giving a sly wink. Very strange indeed.

someone wrote somthing about neeld putting a jumper in the middle of the huddle and inspiring his players to get up for their injured skipper, it isnpired the hell out of me I suggest you read it

It is written in Bold so should be easy to find, is a few paragraphs also

One thing that really excites me about Neil Craig coming to the MFC, is that last year Patrick Dangerfield linked his tenure at the Crows to him... really hope we make a play for him.

Neeld and Craig in 2011 followed by Pendlebury and Dangerfield in 2012.... no need for redtube guys and gals, thats all the material you need ;)

Yep.....that's why i said in the thread above "if it is Neeld then i hope he gets serious Senior support".

My bad !

Damn, I told Mrs Robbie, showed her his picture and she said, Nah!

Mrs Robbie is never wrong.

I showed Mrs HT his picture, she said yeah, yeah.

But not that kind of yeah, yeah...you have a dirty mind RF. And Mrs HT is always right..except when driving the car.

we have a mole in the MFC.

Apparently came out from Pie Land.

What exactly is your argument?

He can't stand Malthouse, dandeeman. Or anything to do with a successful club in Collingwood.

If that's the case, then we have done awesome and I am fired up!!!!

All we need is a new football director. And completion of the re-structure.

Mrs Robbie is not happy this either and insists that Craig at least gets some teeth before he. comes to Melbourne.

He can't possibly get anymore grey hair.

I feel like even Malthouse may have known something about it. About a week ago on The Game Plan he said an ambiguous comment regarding Melbourne's finals chances and the coaching job before giving a sly wink. Very strange indeed.

Good observation. I'm thinking you're right.

Guest Baaall....Yeeess!

Have just registered to say - what a completely underwhelming appointment. Not happy at all. Our boys need a hard-arse to put the fear of god into them, not a another whiteboard tactical genius.

Won't work.

Please tell me it was for awful body language or lack of in-class leadership...

i wish that were the case. this was 5 years ago. I got pushed by a friend in a walkway into no one in particular , and the kid who i accidently ran into, was mentally and physically unstable. Neeld saw the 'whole thing'. and suspended me. Should have hired Matty Knights ^_^

Guest Jack Donaghy

Have just registered to say - what a completely underwhelming appointment. Not happy at all. Our boys need a hard-arse to put the fear of god into them, not a another whiteboard tactical genius.

Won't work.

What makes you so sure he is the latter and not the former..?

Guest Jack Donaghy

i wish that were the case. this was 5 years ago. I got pushed by a friend in a walkway into no one in particular , and the kid who i accidently ran into, was mentally and physically unstable. Neeld saw the 'whole thing'. and suspended me. Should have hired Matty Knights ^_^

To be honest, you just make yourself sound like a [censored], not the coach.

Guest Baaall....Yeeess!

What makes you so sure he is the latter and not the former..?

60 games of VFL/AFL footy. Coached Ocean Grove to a few flags. Second fiddle at another club. Forgive those of us who aren't doing cartwheels in our pyjamas.

Won't work.

From what I've been told by several Collingwood supporters (albeit word of mouth) he's actually fairly uncompromising. Strong willed, not just another 'whiteboard tactical genius.'

Absolutely stupid comment seeing he hasn't been at the club for even a single day yet.

Out of all the assistants going around I think we have made the right choice. Personally I would have rather seen an established coach ie. Malthouse or Lyon, but that would be in an ideal world. As i've said at this stage I'm fairly happy.