Mark Neeld

Real Demon

Garry Lyon just confirmed it on MMM. I'm pretty happy with this one.

Edit: he said I'm not confirming or denying anything, but there will be an announcement tomorrow arvo.

Edited by Kento80

i don't know a heap about the guy, but i like the appointment nonetheless. in the same way i like the idea of developing players rather than "buying" them, i would also prefer to "develop" a coach. don't assume he will be the same as Bailey just because he is an untried coach, and i had a couple of teacher's that scared the sh!t out of me, so don't assume he's soft either!

Garry Lyon just confirmed it on MMM. I'm pretty happy with this one.

Edit: he said I'm not confirming or denying anything, but there will be an announcement tomorrow arvo.

Makes sense haha, breaks it through his own media job, who else would he give the scoop too

Has He said it is Neeld??? or just that the decision is made? listening atm??

Edited by Jordie_tackles

Sorry to be blunt but I am glad no one on here is picking our coach, because including me, they wouldn't have a clue how good a coach Neeld is.

Red...be as blunt as you like mate :)

Press conference tomorrow. Lyon wont be there because he has mmm commitments in Perth but has said it will be announced tomorrow.

Im rapt with Mark Neeld. He isnt another Bailey. He has come from the biggest club that has played finals and he is also part of a premiership team. I always said he should be the one to get. So before we start bagging the guy already lets just get behing him and actually support him.

Garry said he can bring his own assistants.

It's not my ideal appointment, but of the available coaches and short of Malthouse, from what I know of him I am pretty happy about it. As others have said, time for us all to get behind a new coach and the MFC. GO DEES!

Press conference tomorrow. Lyon wont be there because he has mmm commitments in Perth but has said it will be announced tomorrow.

Im rapt with Mark Neeld. He isnt another Bailey. He has come from the biggest club that has played finals and he is also part of a premiership team. I always said he should be the one to get. So before we start bagging the guy already lets just get behing him and actually support him.

Garry said he can bring his own assistants.

So G Lyon has announced Neeld as coach on MMM, but states that the announcement will be tomorrow?

I am seriously excited by this appointment.

Don't let his pic fool you - Neeld is hard-nosed, uncompromising communicator who is in tune to the different learning styles of players and this allows them to develop their game quickly and cohesively.

Once they hone their skills, this team will dominate.

I am not one to judge a coach as I dont know enough. However why do l feel like we are replacing Dean Bailey with Dean Bailey? Senior Assistant at premiership winning club. Played VFL but was a battler. Appears to be an educator and a builder of young mens confidence.

Yep, because gary lyon would want another Bailey after his clearly positive attitude about him...

I'm glad that this has been sorted I don't know Neeld but I'm reliably informed that he constituted a lot of aspects of

the press for Collingwood.

I hope for a strong assistant coaching panel with a lot of professionalism and experience.

Season of change is upon us I'm glad that a broom can now move throw the club.

I eagerly await what is going to unfold.

I have no idea if going for an untried coach again is a good idea

Edited by Diablo Deemon

I'm a little dissapointed we still leak our information. I'm sure it wasn't planned to have an anncouncement on Saturday which Gary cannot make but like the appointment of Neeld. Now for Pendles to re kindle his demon passion. All year we should put pressure on the pies. Just like GWS did to us.

Please someone convince me that we should be going dowm the UNTRIED coach AGAIN.

I want to through my laptop through the window at the moment and just yelled at the dog!

PLEASE CONVINCE ME this is a good idea after our past coaching flop?

So G Lyon has announced Neeld as coach on MMM, but states that the announcement will be tomorrow?

He actually didnt say it was Neeld. Just that a coach will be announced tomrrow. The others basically said it was Neeld. Garry said no comment wait to tomorrow.

But going by reports and I know going by this week not all is accurate but it does seem to be him and if its not well then we will find out tomorrow. he said they did it differently this time and there was a top 3 but didnt mention names.

Channel 7 saying Demons have signed Mark Neeld as senior coach

Neeld is not a Bailey. Bailey came right out of left field with no coaching background, just a good talker. Neeld has been coaching for rhe past 11 years in one form or another.

So Bailey wasn't at Port when they won the flag?

Please someone convince me that we should be going dowm the UNTRIED coach AGAIN.

I want to through my laptop through the window at the moment and just yelled at the dog!

PLEASE CONVINCE ME this is a good idea after our past coaching flop?

I guarantee you finals next year. Thats guarantee. If we have him we have a very very good coach.

Don't fall for that UNTRIED rubbish. 6 of the last 7 flags have been won by so called untried coaches